October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Coconut lime breeze

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by xade

I picked this up in travel size the first time I ever went into a bath and bodyworks. The smell for me is just too lime-smelling to enjoy. It smells almost sour when I spray it and hardly any coconut comes though. I think I will give this away to a friend because I don't want to force myself to use it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I own and love the body lotion for this, but the body splash was just lackluster. Smells great, but when I spray it, no matter how many times, I can barely smell it. It's much too subtle, and when I spray on enough, it wears off within an hour. Sad that such a great scent is so weak. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MakeupDirectioner

I bought this spray befire school started. I am not a big fan of sprays or mists, but I was willing to try something new for school. I deciede to buy this one. At ifrst I was like "Yay! It smells deightful yknow like summery and calming." But then I'd smell it again, and it'd smell like a musty kind, manly kind of smell. I don't know, but I still have it. I wear it now and then but I'm not a big fan of it. Sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

One of my recent favorite body splashes for summer. I love the smell of coconut for summertime. The scent doesn't last very long, I will admit, but it lasts pretty well when sprayed on clothes. I don't think I would repurchase because it doesn't last very long, and I think there are better scents out there for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

only for some people. my mom wears it, and it smells great on her! but its not for me:/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

This is going to sound weird, but this smells exactly like Florida. I used to go down there a lot when I was younger. My family would go pretty much every year. Now that I'm older, we've stopped going so much, and I really miss it. This is a body splash that makes me smile whenever I spray it. It's a very limey coconut (as the name says), but I can't smell the coconut as much. Seriously, this smells exactly like Florida. I don't even know how they did it, but I'll being buying these things over and over. Should they ever be discontinued, I'll cry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Coconut Lime Breeze is a "fresh blend of coconut water, lime blossom, and bergamot inspired by tropical breeze of exotic fruits and luscious citrus". Bath&BodyWorks claims that their reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist give a "delicate mist and improved coverage control". The reformulation offers a higher concentration of fragrance and less alcohol. Bath&BodyWorks also claims that the formula contains aloe to "help condition and nourish the skin", a claim that I think is silly and gimmicky because you'd have to use a whole lot of body spray to to get any benefits from the aloe. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, they've even won an award from PETA (up to you if that's negative or positive). All Bath&BodyWorks products are made in the USA. I bought this travel size body spray on a 3/$10 deal for $3.34. Individually this mini fragrance mist costs $6, the full 8fl oz bottle sells for $14.
The clear plastic bottle is recyclable. The front features a shiny dark green palm tree. The name of the scent is written in silver capital letters. The back of the bottle is plain, aside from a small light green palm tree. An ingredient list can be found on the bottom of the bottle on a pull off sticker tab. Bath&BodyWorks has a lot to say about their "Fine Fragrance Pump", but personally I can't tell any difference between it and any other spritzer on any other body spray.
You may remember that I reviewed Coconut Lime Breeze in body lotion form back in May. Here are the scent notes before I go on:

Top Notes: Sparkling Tangerine, Lemon Italy Orpur, Neroli, Bergamot Italy Orpur, Zesty Lime Juice
Mid Notes: Watery Melon, Sheer Muget, Pineapple Juice, Jasmine Petal, Lime Blossom
Dry Notes: Sheer Coconut Water, Sandalwood, Musk, Madagascar Vanilla

In Fine Fragrance Mist form, Coconut Lime Breeze is zesty, tart, and a little sharp, but still sweet. Just like the lotion, the fragrance mist is almost all lime, with just hints of coconut, vanilla, and a little bit of melon with a slight edge of bitter bergamot. Coconut Lime Breeze is very summery without being too tropical or fruity. Coconut Lime Breeze is fairly subtle, the kind of scent that's easy to wear on a very hot summer day or a late spring afternoon. It's a light scent, breezy is a good way to describe it.
As with all the reformulated body sprays, Coconut Lime Breeze suffers from poor wear time. Because this scent is already fairly light length of wear is even further diminished, I think I get less than an hour of wear. No matter how many spritzes I use it still fades super fast. Am I the only thinks that the reformulation isn't a good thing?
Coconut Lime Breeze is one of my all time favorites from Bath&BodyWorks. It's juicy, zest, and perfect for summer. I'm going through this body spray pretty quickly. The price is fair for the travel size, especially if you can get it on a deal. I'll definitely repurchase the Coconut Lime Breeze Fine Fragrance Mist, I just wish it had better lasting power. Check it out next time you pop into their store, I think this scent is underrated, I hope I can spread the word about it's wonderfulness!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, BBW, I am so sad that you discontinued coconut lime verbena. This scent was supposed to be a replacement for it and it's just not the same. It has too much of a lime overtone and very little coconut, as opposed to CLV which was a better balance and I liked it much more. CLB isn't a bad fragrance on its own, but the lasting power is pretty much nonexistant. Also, I got one of the travel-size ones (because I am annoyed that they raised the price of the fragrance mists to $14 so it doesn't qualify for some of the freebies anymore and didn't want to pay that much) and the top wasn't screwed on all the way and a bit of it leaked so now my bag smells like limes. Once I screwed it back on it was fine and didn't leak anymore but that's something to watch out for. Overall it's not horrible but BBW has many more fragrances that I like more than this, so I probably wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

Sigh. I bought this because of the lime. Last summer I was under lots of stress and needed a morning booster so I bought this as a shower gel at BBW - I believe this was being introduced as a new scent in their signature collection here in Canada. The top note is the energetic, overwhelming, bubbly, sweet lime and that's what got me hooked. The lime was all I could smell in the shower and that was great. Lasting power was non-existent however, so I decided to try it in a body splash and lotion. Disappointment. The lime disappears very quickly, and coconut never even shows up. All I'm left with is a fairly unpleasant musky sweet scent I can't quite get my finger on. I had to scrub it off myself :-(

I'll probably still use it in the summer sparingly as a home fragrance but it's annoying on my skin.