October 24, 2014 | 1672 users online

Lips - LUSH - A Million Kisses

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by willowbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a few weeks ago and after using it for a little while, I still feel torn about it. Here's the lowdown:

Pros:

The colour is really beautiful, flattering, and buildable. It somehow manages (I'm not sure how!) to strike this elusive balance between bold and natural.

A little goes a long, long way -- making for a $10 product that will literally last forever.

An all-natural product means you don't need to worry about scary chemicals.

Cons:

The lasting power is pretty pathetic. Don't bother putting this on anytime near a meal or a coffee.

It is quite drying on the lips. The only way I can stand to put this on now is over a layer of balm with some lip gloss on top.

The application is difficult. For something that comes in a tin, you ought to be able to put it on with your finger on the go, but you can only really do this if you have a kleenex on hand to wipe your finger off. (And even then, you'll be left with a pink finger.) It's also so pigmented that it is difficult to be precise enough with your finger -- you definitely need to check a mirror to make sure you haven't smeared red outside the border of your lips. It's really the kind of product that requires a lip brush, and I've actually started carrying one around for this -- but something about the dryness of the formula means it's actually smoother to apply with a finger! So it's kind of a lose-lose scenario.

That being said, it really is a beautiful colour, and I'm going to continue to try to find a way to make it work for me. Three and a half lippies for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use it as a blush , YES, the deep red looked natural as a bluch. I use the small stippling elf blush. The color is amazing. LOVE it. It can be worn bold ir sheered out with lip balm. Staying piwer is AMAZING. A little dab of product on ur finger will last so long . The product lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells pretty, very deep red, and very pretty. It's almost really bold sometimes to use just a little as a tint, you have to go full out red to make it look right.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. I'm not an avid lipstick wearer, so the fact that I could layer this to my desired 'red-ness' was great. Kind of... eases you in.

Love it. 4 stars is only because I found it didn't have solid staying power, but maybe that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by EmJJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip product - it stays on really well (especially over a liner!), doesn't dry out my lips, applies evenly, and looks beautiful on. I've also used it as a cheek stain, and it works just as well for that as it does on my lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is fabulous. Especially if you don't wear full on makeup everyday like moi. Helps you to pull your look together quickly/ effortlessly. The color is like a deep pinky red. Looks very pretty against my skin tone and makes my teeth look super white. Not too moisturizing so lip balm first. Smells great. I think every lady should own a lip/cheek stain, if not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am very pale, so find it quite difficult to find red lip colours that don't look too shocking against my face. This lip colour is lovely and suits me down to the ground. It is a deep red/berry tone that looks darker and more berry-like in the container than it does on the lips. It has a blue tint and a matte finish. It is buildable, so you can choose whether you want a red flush or full-on scarlet/berry lips. Both look good, and I think that it would suit many different skin tones due to its changeability. It lasts a long time (although I did have to reapply after eating), smells glorious, and is cruelty-free.

Some cons: it is drying. I don't know whether the other reviewers have as dry skin as I do, but I need lip balm before I apply it, and every time I reapply I need another layer. If I miss this step, my lips look tight and wrinkled. Not nice. Also, the packaging is a little impractical: you have to unscrew the lid and apply with the fingers, which is inconvenient and a little unhygienic. If it was in a traditional lipstick style, then it would be better. I am thinking about buying a lip brush to go with it, but carrying one around in my handbag might come off as too fussy!

Overall, I will buy this again. The positives outweigh the negatives, and the colour is truly beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the past, say, 15 years, I've always admired the deep berry-red pigment of my best friend's lips. I know that sounds insanely creepy, but she really does have the most perfectly pigmented lips on the planet. I, on the other hand, have a pitifully pigment-free pout, and it sure does make me... well, pout.
So for years, I've been searching for the perfect stain or tint to give me a natural-looking flush to my lips. I've tried stains (drying and patchy, save the awesome Smashbox ones), tinted balms (waxy and short-lived), and of course, glosses, which are no fun after they fade.
Enter Lush's amazing "A Million Kisses" lip tint. I've only just discovered the wonder of Lush's incredible cosmetics and this is my favorite purchase so far. It casts such a beautiful, natural flush on my lips, doesn't dry them out, doesn't go on patchy, and lo and behold, DOES NOT FADE. Yes, there is some transfer to my coffee mug, but the pigment stays and stays and stays.
The smell is intoxicating.
There's no weird taste.
The color is stunning.
You use SO LITTLE to get the perfect deep berry-red color.
It was $10, which is less than Sephora would charge for something inferior and comparable to what I'd pay at the drug store for something FAR inferior. So the price is right.
Going today to pick up the other color. And a balm. Oh my goodness.

TL;DR version: THIS STUFF IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cannot recommend this enough. Cruelty-free, smells like paradise, and can adapted from a subtle makeout flush to a full-on old Hollywood glamour pout. Love to the infinite power, and that squared goes out to my English fiance' for choosing it so wisely: he gave this and their Honey Trap lip balm to me during a visit, right after I picked him up at the Charlotte airport--as in, while we were waiting at the baggage claim--and Iíve been obsessed ever since. OBSESSED. Baby, I officially pronounce you the genius of love.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Shirel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lip tint on whim, I'm not a girl that usually wears makeup but I think this might get me started! The colour is really lovely with my very fair skin and ginger hair, I love how I can decide how much colour to use, I dab on a tiny tiny bit for mornings and work it into a darker red if I plan on going out in the evening, a little bit really goes a long way! (I've had it since Feburary and still haven't put a dent in it.) Only cons are the tin that can get hard to open if you have sweaty palms and that the colour needs to "dry" slightly or you'll stain whatever you touch with your lips. All in all a great product with a lovely colour (and smell! A lovely sweet rose good enough to eat) I just wish for a better package, maybe something like their new makeup range?