October 25, 2014 | 1458 users online

Hair Treatments - Renpure - Brazilian Keratin 14 day straight treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Leeniebop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Summary: I wish I had thought more seriously about the amount of damage Iíd be doing to my hair for the possibility of 14 days of straight hair. I thought maybe I could avoid heat tools for 14 days so it would hopefully be less damage but I very much regret having used this product. As someone trying to reduce the damages with the hopes of growing out my hair again this product has set me back quite a bit.

About my hair- I naturally have waves/loose curls in my hair and have recently switched to trying to use more natural/less harmful products in my hair after a bleach disaster a year ago. I used henna/indigo to get my hair color back and Iíve stopped using traditional shampoos altogether ( I use ayurvedics, natural shampoo bars, baking soda, etc.) to reduce excessive drying. I usually do not comb my wet hair or handle it roughly because it is still quite fragile. I donít blow dry my hair but I do flat iron my hair on low heat using heat protectant.

Post Shampoo:
After shampooing my hair I tried applying the product which was like a liquid gel and against my better judgement I tried combing it in as directed. This was a highly traumatizing experience for me because despite be very careful and starting from the bottom and moving my way up with a wide tooth comb, I experienced a LOT of breakage. I almost rinsed it out right then and there but I figured Iím not used to combing my hair wet so Iíll give it a shot and see.
After waiting the 30 minutes I noticed my hair felt crunchy as it had begun to dry which of course made me VERY uncomfortable with trying to pull it to blow it dry.
Post Blow dry:
My first thought- ďoh my god my hair looks horribleĒ and it did. It was very dry, frizzy and unruly. Instant regret. It was VERY dull.
Post Flat Iron:
Still VERY dull, my hair felt like straw and was difficult to flat iron as it was ďstuckĒ to itself. I also noticed white residue in my hair and weird residue on my hands after touching it.

Overall: I would not purchase this product again. Iím not even interested in whether or not it will keep my hair straight because I hate the way itís made my hair look and feel and I hate the amount of damage its done to my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Allycats1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The biggest thing that I learned with this product is how much better it works and stays with your hair when you "piggy-back" the treatments. In other words, instead of using it just one time and putting it away for a while (or for good), to use it several times back to back, like once every 7-10 days for about a month or so. This was how I got OPTIMUM results. Honestly, I was not all that impressed after the first/initial use. I did however, get some results, but they definitely didn't last the 2 weeks that the bottle claimed, so I decided to "piggy-back" the treatments and that was when I got the results I was looking for. It has now been a little less than 2 months and I have done a total of 4 treatments; the first 2 were done about 8-10 days apart, then the 3rd was done 12-14 days later and the final one I was actually able to go an entire 3 weeks before needing to do it again. I just did one this morning as well and the styling process seems to get easier too. Another key point is that more product IS better. I completely GLOB the stuff in my hair, to a point where you would actually wonder if its going to dry with a blowdryer lol. Now one might think that this would not be a good thing, but for whatever reasons, it seems to work better than if I don't GLOB it in (I didn't the 1st time). The last but probably most important is the 450 degree flat iron temp. that they call for. This is really important because it is the extreme temperatures that makes the keratin bond to your hair best and lower temps means less product bonding. Most flat irons do not go up this high and in my opinion, finding a flat iron with the 450 degree setting is just as important as not conditioning your hair prior to using the treatment. Conair sells a flat iron that goes up to 448 degrees for very inexpensive. Its worth the investment if you want the best results from your keratin treatments. It is also best to wait longer than 24 hrs before washing your hair again using sulfate free shampoo (the kind that does not lather), Loreal sells some in any pharmacy, theres also WEN by Chaz Dean but that's expensive. Sufate free shampoo assists in not stripping everything including the keratin from your hair allowing you to go longer between treatments.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I really like this product and find that adding it into my straightening regimen does provide better results than when I straighten without. My hair is a lot softer and smoother, has better movement, and stays straight a bit longer. I have done it through with the instructions and it was very meh. However, the best results I've gotten have simply been in adding this in along with the rest of my products when I flat iron.

That said, this is not going to give you 14 days of good hair as claimed, nor will it behave like any sort of Brazilian treatment or keratin treatment in a salon. It is simply a very styling product, and nothing more. An addition to your products. It doesn't add any weight or grease and doesn't feel like I'm piling on extra product, it's like a filler.

If you want a keratin treatment without the formaldehyde like I was searching for, this isn't your answer. If you want to try to good product for use with a flat iron, give it a go. I was happy enough with it to repurchase, I'm on my second bottle. I have heard good things about the Chi Enviro American keratin treatment being a lot less dangerous, heck the president of Chi actually drank some of the treatment solution on film, and I will write a review as soon as I do it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When you use this product as directed, it will straighten and smooth your hair, but mostly because you are adding a coating to your hair, then flat ironing the heck out of your hair. The key to any of these products is what your hair looks like after the first shampoo, post treatment.

Mine? It was back to being frizzy, but not nearly as much. I don't think this works any better than a regular leave in conditioner that controls frizz - there are cheaper ones out there. good luck.