July 29, 2014 | 1220 users online

Liquid - New York Color - All Day Long Smooth Skin Foundation (lasts up to 14hr)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS-
This is the cheapest foundation I've ever bought at 97 cents. It was on clearance however, from $3.
This foundation does last all day.
You do not need to moisturize if you have normal-oily skin with this foundation.
Shade matched perfectly. PERFECTLY.
It has a perfect pump.

CONS-
This is runny to the max.
It will leave you feeling a greasy if you have oily skin.
It doesn't minimize your pores.
It is not matte.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product just didn't do it for me.

The coverage was actually surprisingly good considering I got it for $2.49 on clearance at Target. Regular $5. Dirt cheap either way!

Packaging: Not so great. Had no way to get it out of the bottle other than to smack it upside down on my hand, which usually dispersed too much product.

Application: A lot of blending is required. Overall though, it was decent.

Coverage: Medium, but a good medium. I was surprised at the coverage.

Finish: Initially, the finish is okay.It has this odd tendency to make your skin look dry, even if it's not? My skin IS dry now since I've started the regimen, but not when I used this foundation. It ends up look dry, and cakey in spots. However, if you add more foundation (like I tried) it ends up looking dewy, but not in a good way. It also feels very heavy if you try to build up coverage.

Wear: Terrible. I was left with mottled patches of foundation falling off my face after 2-3 hours... Touching up with powder didn't help/prevent this.

Overall: If it's all you can afford, go ahead, but I'd splurge on another product. I decided to buy Revlon Colorstay for $15 and so far it has been a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Pandypop1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation ! I have pale skin and usually when i buy foundation i always feel like i look orange but when i first tryed this it was great and i have only had it for a short while but i would definitly buy it again!:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

When I swatched this, I was very impressed. Firstly, this comes in a genuinely pale shade which is an elegant pinked porcelain; secondly, the packaging is great and hygenic; thirdly the texture seemed very pleasant - like a lighter version of my beloved HG ELDW. But alas...

If you have oily skin, steer clear! I wonder whose skin this would last 14hrs on?? Perhaps exceptionally paper dry skin. In no time at all, this separates and turns orange and patchy. Initially it smooths on nicely and seems to cover moderately well but this is all irrelevant as the staying power is just so dire.

I loved the idea of a cheap as chips foundation that works - and I do like NYC Smooth skin powder so I had hope - but no. Not recommended, unless you literally are popping out for 10 min and even then, one of the worst things about this foundation is that it makes sure even the makeup you put on top of it gets dragged off. Hideous!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The worst foundation I have ever bought. I was genuinely surprised by the positive feedback that others had given for this product as I found it very difficult to use. Firstly, the liquid was extremely runny and was hard to apply and rub into the skin. It then made my skin very patchy with orange streaks around my face. My face looked oily and I looked worse than I did without the foundation. I will definitely not be buying this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Sallamanda

I love love LOVE this foundation! I have found it extremely difficult to find a foundation that is the right shade for my awkward skin tone (very pale, but acne prone), and this is the best match so far. I bought the lightest shade, and found that it was very natural looking on me, but what impressed me most was the consistency. I find that it really does smooth out the skin, and unlike with many other foundations you can easily apply just a little to provide a nice, smoothing effect to blur blemishes and even skin without streaking. I use a sponge to apply it, although you can achieve a similar effect using your fingers. Even after trying more expensive brands, including Maybelline, Rimmel and Clinique, this is still the best foundation I have used, and I keep coming back to it. I would certainly recommend it to my friends, and have done.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by hkbrogan

I have been LOVING this foundation lately. It works so well for me because i need my makeup to look natural and feel like nothing is on my face. It is very thick but it blends sooooo nicely and looks awesome. THe only problem with this foundation is the fact that it is in a glass bottle and there isn't a pump. Since this is so thick, you have to dig your finger or foundation brush in to pull out the foundation. Overall this is my favorite foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever bought! It clings to dry patches on the face, making your face look patchy and orange, and it goes greasy and oxidises on oily parts of the face to again make you look patchy and orange. It is extremely hard to blend and it is always streaky after trying numerous ways of blending. The finish is horrible and it made my skin look dull and ashy. In the natural light, it looks streaky and cakey and just FAKE! I apply my makeup at around 7:30 am, and by 12:00 it has gone patchy and greasy even on the parts of my face that are never oily! I reapply with some powder on top, and by 3:15 when I get home it is again streaky, patchy and greasy. I always regret putting it on in a morning because I think by the end of the day (with the foundation on) I actually look better without it on! I also found that ever since I bought this I broke out in lots of spots, I went to see my doctor about it and he said it was mild acne, I'd never had problems with acne before so it was weird that I suddenly started breaking out everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE! Chin, cheeks and forehead... After putting up with this terrible foundation and reaching the end of the bottle I went out and bought a new one, and ever since my skin has never been better! The acne cleared up, and the mysterious red blotchy cheeks I had vanished (it resembled Rosacea!!) overall I would not recommend this it is the most terrible foundation I have ever had!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahbrogan

for the last few months ive been trying to find a foundation that worked for me (really pale with oily spots around chin and nose) including some really high end brands and none have impressed me as much as this.colour is perfect for super pale skin and doesnt oxidise during the day.my ultimate test for foundation is what it looks like out in natural sunlight and i find a lot of long lasting ones can look quite cakey in natural light but this you cant even tell im wearing it.even my boyfriend has commented on how nice it is which is a first!i find this foundation actually looks better as the day goes on aswell its not really a matt finish instead it gives a nice glow.its kind of watery when you first apply it but once you work it in it goes a nice texture and gives a really nice finish(i used over rimmels new primer and finish with some powder on my chin and nose).i still need concealer for my eyes and blemishes but i always use that anyway.overall i love it ive bought another bottle already so i have enough for the whole summer.and at 3.99 its a total bargain too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bough this at my local Walmart. It's a new product NYC put out (along with several others) and I wanted to try it. Mine was about $5 USD (not including state taxes; prices might vary according to your location). I'm not sure if you've tried the original Smooth Skin foundation but it was horrible. NYC now has that in a different (glass?) packaging. So besides changing the packaging I'm hoping they might have made the original foundation better. Anyways onto the All Day foundation... It's what Revlon Colorstay was supposed to be. I've tried every which way and upside down to get Colorstay to work for me. I bought all the formulas available (dry & normal, combination & oil and even the powder). It caked & left my oily spots bare. The All Day Long foundation does not do this. I don't know what is wrong with my skin but everything I wear on it tends to cake. It ages me like crazy and I'm only 25! I shouldn't have to wear much since my skin is pretty good. I have larger pores on my cheeks with redness, the occasional pimple, redness around my nose, under eye circles, and this weird set of veins right next to my mouth. Sounds like it'd be simple to cover, right? Wrong. Nothing covers all of that and lasts all day. All Day Long did though. I have applied it with my fingers, with a wet wedge sponge (the type you pull apart from a rectangle of them), and stippled with a brush. It looks wonderful using all the techniques. The sponge does offer lighter coverage though. For the other ways of applying it All Day Long offers medium coverage. If I apply too much this obviously is cakey. Unlike some powder foundations I've used though, this doesn't settle into the "marionette" lines by my mouth. The finish is more of a matte but then settles into a "dewy-matte" by the end of the day when my oil starts coming out. I'm not extremely oily but it's enough to bother me. I am very acne prone and this did not break me out. Also, unlike the cheap E.L.F foundation, this does not cause my face to itch either. I also apply my foundation before 2pm and need it to last till midnight due to work (yes I work 3pm-11:30pm). This does last. My oily spots peek through and I have to blot. The foundation does not melt off oily spots.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No