July 24, 2014 | 1784 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Superb Extra Dimension Skinfinish

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this in magnetic appeal. I was lucky enough to find a Mac counter in my city that had 2 left.

Freaking love this product. Since I have fair skin, it's sheer enough to act as a bronzer/blush. Perfect for summer, but i love it so much that i'd wear it all year round.
The color is like a rosey/copper/gold color. I would say this has a sheen like effect. Not glittery or overly shimmer, but more like a sheen, if that makes sense.

This definitely seems like a product fit for all skin times.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MAC product. I was looking for a shimmer powder and it looked lovely in the store when I tried it on my finger. But when I tried it at home, it was a struggle to even get the product on my brush and I couldn't even see it on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by vduong10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this highlighter LOVE! It is beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My local MAC counter had a makeover event and as I was getting my makeup done, the artist decided to use the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Definition on my NC45 skintone. I fell in love instantly. I'd been wanting to try out highlights and wanted to see how to go about applying it, and just seeing how applying it in certain areas really gave my skin a glow. I believe this shade was limited edition, but if I'm able to purchase this shade again, I'm snatching it up! It's a gorgeous color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ooohdiamonds

I use this in Definitely Defined. It's soooo amazing! It's a highly shimmery illuminating cream-to-powder. The colour is silvery shimmer with a subtle rose-peachey undertone. I use it as a highlighter, applying some to my cheek bones and cupid's bow. It makes my skin look great, especially in photos- my face looks absolutely glowing! Apply it using your fingers or a smaller angled brush. It's a bit pricey and it's pretty much sold out everywhere (as it's a limited edition), but it's well worth the purchase. You only need a little bit too, so it'll last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my fave highlighters from mac. The gold finish on my dark skin is absolutely amazing. In the summer months i wear it nearly every day. It fell and some of it broke but i still have been using it. I hope they re release it soon! Amazing color and finish. Nopainnobeauty.blogspot.com

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: No, no, just no....I bought the middle colour "Shape the Future" without realizing that there had been a lighter one yet, which probably would have been more appropriate for my NC15 skin, but they were sold out I suppose. I wore it for a few days and then realized how tacky it was, oh my. The blush colour is just horrendously dark and sparkly and the highlighter is a dark champaign colour which looks ugly. I exchanged this for the Mineralized Skin Finish in "Soft and Gentle" which is my staple product now, best highlighter ever, unlike "Shape the Future"!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I picked this up yesterday at a Mac counter in "Shape the Future". I love that it's a two-in-one (blush and highlighter, divided by a cute design). The colour is gorgeous, and I love how it applies. It adds shine and brilliance to my pale NC15 skin. I apply the "blush" part from my ear to the apples of my cheeks, and then I go over the top of my cheekbones with the highlighter. It gives me colour without looking tacky. This will last me forever and ever and I can't wait to try one of Mac's regular skinfinishes, because I am crazy about this one! Oh yes and it also last a long time without touching up <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To date, these are my favorite MAC products. These are very finely milled highlighter/bronzers that add a visible sheen, but with no metallic flakes or shimmer. The particles are so fine that they appear to minimize pores rather than accentuate them the way most mineralized products do. They look wonderful over matte or satin blushes or by themselves on cheekbones, nose ridge and chin.

The Extra Dimension Skin Finishes come in three shades: Whisper of Gilt (soft pale gold), Superb (peachy-champagne pink shade), and Glorify (copper/bronze shade). I've seen each worn as a blush but believe they are most flattering as follows:
1). Whisper of Gilt - evening highlighter over blush or solo
2) Superb - daytime highlighter over blush, bronzer for fair skinned users, or as a neutralizer of blushes that may be too bright by day
3). Glorify - bronzer for medium skin colors, contour for light skin tones, blush or highlight for medium dark skin tones and as a highlighter for deepest dark skin tones.

Not to be confused with MACs regular MSFs. You want to see the words "Extra Dimension". These appear to glide on the skin in an almost weightless fashion. For my NC40/42 skin, Whisper of Gilt and Superb reign supreme. Definitely my favorite MAC purchase.

I have not yet put their staying power to the test but believe they would probably need to be refreshed after a few hours.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by aliceinwonderland77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one feels sooo good! The color is very natural, slightly rose, blends really well

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wear this at night because the littlest bit is just too sparkly for daytime.
The goldish champagne colour, which I really like, is perfect for my cheekbones, browbones etc when I want a very full face of makeup, for a party or something. Unfortunately it's way too fake looking to wear day to day when I want to have a discreetly made up look.