September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Nude Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlylayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this as a substitute to the Urban Decay nude palette. I paid $12.79 for it at CVS Pharmacy. Obviously it's way cheaper than the Urban Decay palette. There are a total of 9 colors in the palette. It's grouped into three sets of three for different eye looks. The shades look pretty enough in the palette and the compact itself is cute with a black-lace covering and a cute bow on top. It has a magnetic closure on it, which is nice and more practical than a plastic clasp. It comes with one sponge brush that has a tapered tip.

The trouble I had with it was applying enough to be able to actually see it on my eye and I started with primer. I ended up putting on about five coats. The brush is not very practical, I ended up using some of my own brushes. The other problem I had was smearing the colors into each-other because they are all run together and they are very narrow strips of each. There was no fall out with the shadow, which was nice. I have not tried it wet yet, may be that will help amp up the color.

In hind sight I wish I had bought the UD palette to start with. However CVS will let you return used makeup within thirty days of purchase as long as you have the receipt, so this one will probably be going back. I guess it's true, You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I actually really like this palette. It comes in a small package making it easy for travel in your purse carrying 9 colors in it with a magnet that keeps it closed.The only negative I have about this is the colors are not separated in different pots. They are all attatched together so when swooping the color, you kinda run into the color next to it. I love all of the colors in it and you can achieve many different looks with this and the colors blend perfect together. Also, the texture of these shadows are very silky, goes on super smooth and there is zero fallout when applying. All of the shadows are pigmented meaning none of the colors are flat or matte. Every make up line out there now is making a "nude" palette and this one I actually a great take on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kristnn

I did not like this product! The colors do not pop nor do the have much shimmer to them. I was very disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the colors in this...absolutely beautiful. I got it on sale and couldn't wait to try it on. Alas, after swatching, I was hugely disappointed. There is barely any pigmentation to any of these colors. I'm returning it right away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been on the hunt for a quality, all-in-one nudes eyeshadow palette for ages. I am tired of owning palettes that I have to borrow 2 shades from here, one shade from there, etc. constant re-opening of multiple shadow containers to get my eye makeup look together each day. I spotted this after much scrutiny at the drugstore and thought: "Wow, super cute packaging and every color combination I could want is here!" Joy!! Cut to: home from work at the end of the first day wearing it and....where'd my eyeshadow go?? It just melted away! I use my foundation as well as a light dusting of pressed powder as my primer for eyeshadow and it usually provides nice lasting power for my other shadows but not these. I know the package says that if you apply it dry, the effect is more natural and then if you apply it wet, you get more saturated color. But I feel that if I have to sit there with a little cup of water, applying each shade wet every day---all the convenience to my routine that this palette was intended for goes out the window. No thanks. I just bought Revlon's Custom Eyes nudes palette and I already like it much, much better! This is getting returned to CVS pronto.