October 20, 2014 | 2077 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Powder Grip 03

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by abbyparker216

As a hairstylist, this is one of my absolute favorite hair products. I use it in my own hair almost everyday and I recommend it to tons of my clients. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews about it on here! I like to describe it as a dry shampoo and a tease in one. When applying, I lift up sections of hair as if I were going to backcomb, then sprinkle a little of powder grip along my scalp. You really want it to be right at your root to get the most out of it. Then massage it into your hair roots with large circular motions with your fingers spread. Seriously looks like you teased your hair :) anyways I tell all my clients about this, especially those with fine/thin/flat hair, but anyone wanting some extra volume and texture would benefit from this. Don't let the small bottle prevent you from trying this--you don't need a lot, so it lasts a long time. I use mine almost daily and one bottle lasts me about 3 months. Plus it's the perfect size to stick in your purse for touch-ups if your hair is feeling flat or oily throughout the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great hair powder that gives you volume .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing product EVER! I have long hair with layers and always want lots of volume. This is a fine powder that I apply to the palm of my hand and then rub it into my roots after styling. It gives hair such an oomph! It actually does add texture and grip. So much better than my old trick of spraying hairspray on my palm and applying to hair - forget that! This stuff is great one hair-wash day (hair is often too soft) and great on no-wash day (hair sometimes limp and flat). This product is shockingly not as popular on MUA as it should be. It was rec'ed to me on the hair board and I'm suprised p'ville has only a few reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a pixie haircut which would look so much better if I had more than like 187 hairs on my head. My hair is fine and thin and getting thinner by the day. I'm always searching for something that'll make my 187 hairs fuller and thicker AND stay in place. Powder Grip is it, for sure. It comes in a small black plastic bottle that you squeeze and the powder poofs out. It is meant to be used on dry hair. Once I've poofed enough, I just tousle and mess it up a bit and my hair looks amazing. The white powder sort of melts - almost liquifies - in the hair so it disappears completely. (If you don't believe that it melts...squeeze a bit in your hands and rub together...it's a very odd sensation.) The best part is that it also keeps the style poofed and full all day...it's like hair spray in a way. The only problem - and there always has to be one - is that it becomes virtually impossible to run your hands through your hair...it turns into something like one giant tangle. This doesn't bother me but if you (or your SO) like to play with your hair it could be a problem. It's not just for short or thin hair...it makes all lengths and thicknesses bigger and better and beautifully poofier!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

This is a great product for us gals with stick straight super fine hair! It comes in a little powder shaker that you simply sprinkle onto your hair and fluff with fingers (after you've dried and styled your hair). This is truly one of the finer products I have found that add 'grip' and volume for fine hair. Expensive as far as hair products go but worth it.