October 25, 2014 | 1664 users online

Blush - Rouge Bunny Rouge - Original Skin Blush-For Love of Roses in Orpheline

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this shade in Orpheline from a good friend who adores makeup. She's so familiar with my coloring that it was a winner for my NC40 skintone. Because I'm not familiar with the brand at all, I did a little research. I love reading about what I'm putting on my face - especially ingredients!

Link here for ingredients list - lots of stuff in here including 'cones, so those with sensitive skin, be advised!

The brand also claims "technology" in the formula citing "A medley of active ingredients, including Uhaloa from Hawaii, (also known as Velvet-leaf) and modern technologies impart a long term brightening effect. Indian Gooseberry Extract stands guard against free radicals. Sheer pearls amplify the creamy soft touch and ensure a limpid glow" - ok.

The description is a pretty fairy story about elves and such. Lol.

I agree with the formula - there is something very silky and plush about the product. It almost feels like a cream but it's a powder. Would I buy it again? No. Too expensive. Do I love the shade the look and the feel? Absolutely. This shade is excellent for warm/med.olive skin tones. It is a coral hue, aka light rich pink/peach with a glow to it. I cannot wait to try this out come summer when I get a little sun on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gosh, just typing the name seems an acquiescence to the dotty frivolity of Rouge Bunny Rouge and their hypnotically trippy marketing. But the truth is that Original Skin Blush For Love Of Pete, I Mean Roses, in Orpheline is a fantastic blush formula. It's a creamy, fine powder and it feels incredible. It just melts into the skin--even more so than Shu, in my opinion--and looks great all day. It's annoyingly perfect. And Orpheline is a massively lovely shade.... a true strawberry with a satiny not-quite-matte finish, my favorite. A wonderful little splurge that looks great on neutral-to-warm skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No