April 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Highlighters - Too Faced - Candlelight Glow duo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely and subtle highlighter if applied lightly with a fan brush for a healthy sheeny looking glow on cheekbones. Blends nicely into skin and over blush seamlessly. No obvious glitter or sparkles.

On my NC15 skin this shows up as a champagne/light gold colour and even if I concentrate my brush on the pink side it still shows up as champagne/light gold on my skin. 10g of product should last a long time as you don't need a lot and does come in the usual style of Too Faced - pretty girly packaging.

The reason I won't be repurchasing is because I had hoped the "pink" would be a pigmented "pink" to use as highlight or toning down brighter pink blushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay I returned this product, I've already wasted a lot of money on MAC products I never use and honestly, fifty dollars to me is a lot of money, and this product isn't worth it if I can't see it

the good thing is that the texture of this is amazing and the color really is pretty, my skin is tan and it looks sort of gold, yet I feel like this would look great on fairer complexions too, so that's a plus and the staying power is good. I'm just really disappointed at the fact it doesn't show up unless I have the perfect lighting

the packaging is really pretty too, even the box it came in is stunning...

EDIT: I tried this on my sister to see how this product looked like to other people when they see me in real life and omg...so. much. glitter. To be fair this seems to happen if you try to blend the product out a little (which takes some of the product off your face but leaves the shimmer particles) but if your careful you can get away with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

LOVE this highlighter duo. I researched this for months before taking the plunge lol. I wanted a very specific highlighter. Something that would give me a subtle glow without glitter or intense sheen. Something that wouldn't accentuate my fine lines I have (39). Something with a slight pink to it rather than gold (NW20).

I kept coming across this for that criteria and went in and swatched it in Ulta. I wasn't that impressed at first because it showed up so gold. I left thinking, ok, not that one. Then kept coming across it online and seeing it in videos looking more pinky on the pink side. Went back and swatched again and the SA said the tester was pretty used and the color wasn't real accurate. I left AGAIN and got a coupon code from Too Faced and decided to order it online. BAM. I am hooked now after 3 weeks. this stuff is amazing. The tester WAS old and did not show the color right.

The right side with the pink is pink, but not over the top. The left is a champagne and gorgeous. Swirl them together and you get a subtle pink-champagne. I LOVE this duo to death now. It's very subtle if you are careful and can be built up. it did not accentuate my lines unless I overdid it. It's NOT powdery or chalky. It's perfect.

I would HIGHLY recommend this highlighter duo for anyone looking for something with this criteria. This was a bit pricey but it will last forever because you need so little and it goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

I really like this highlighter - I think the formula is just right so that you don't pick up too much powder when you dip your brush in it. It gives me a great glow and it lasts pretty well into the work day (I apply it around 6:30 AM and at 3:30 PM it's still visible). I'm usually very impressed with too faced products and this is just another great product from their lineup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by amfxo

I absolutely adore this highlighting duo! It is such a beautiful highlighter - I use on my eyes, cupids bow and my cheeks. It's subtle yet visible (if that makes sense). The pink is not too pink, and the white is not too white...they are just a delicious highlight. There is no obvious shimmer particles like the MAC mineralise skin finish highlight (which I also adore to bits). If you are thinking about buying this, then think no more..just do it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Magic!

I am usually the type of person to go for a dewy glowy look since my normal skin can look flat or even dry with foundation. I take this over my cheekbones as a highlight and use a fluffier brush to dust it on my t zone for a look that screams I HAVE NICE SKIN! Without looking like a glitter unicorn. It really is a great investment and very easy to use. I used high beam as a highlighter and although it was truly beautiful it was also messy and harder to control than this product.

A little pricey but I've barely made a dent and it's been a few months. The packaging is solid and lovely to display. I may try nars albatross next, but for now this is very nice. Do be careful to apply near a mirror because you may think you skimped but look absolutely shimmery when you step in direct sunlight.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my first highlighter ever, and I had high expectations. Unfortunately this product didnīt quite fill them, especially compared to the high price (almost 40 euros).
This highlighter/glow is pretty ok and it gives a nice little glow, but I personally think itīs a little bit too glittery. When I take a closer look at my cheekbones, I can see the small glitter parts, and thatīs not what I want. Iīm looking for the perfect glow.

I donīt like the pink part either. Itīs difficult to use and when I let the shades mix up, I canīt use the highlighter on my nose etc, since it makes everything look pink.

I will use this product, because it was so expensive, but Iīm certainly not buying again. I will look for a better one or stop using highlighters if no one gives me the perfect Jennifer Lopez-glow Iīm looking for :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great colours, the gold is really VERY bright, but still warm and not whitish or chalky after use. Looks natural and doesn't look to glitzy after use. But you should better just use it on cheekbones & chin and over the eyebrows, not on the whole face... great product & good ingredients without harmful substances!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is a gorgeous powder highlighter! One of my favorites. It really makes your skin look like it's glowing from within. Make sure to only apply it on the tops of your cheeks and your nose though.
You don't want to look like a disco ball.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product, but I don't love it. As far as highlighters go, I prefer my Benefit High Beam. But, this is a gorgeous compact, and the powder is lovely and finely milled. I know everyone says to apply it with a light hand. But, since I always have to buck the trend, I actually swirl both sides together and set my foundation with it. I am unsure if I will repurchase this yet. However, there is such a generous amount of product in the package, I have a long time to make up my mind about that.