July 29, 2014 | 1196 users online

Highlighters - Too Faced - Candlelight Glow duo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tabby1991

I do love this it photographs very well i usually like to swirl it is good as a soft look for everyday use just the price is the down side

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. I went into sephora looking for the Lorac one but I found out sephora no longer carries Lorac so I searched for a different one instead. I returned my nars albatross because it's just not glowy the way I want it to be. It has a golden yellow sheen but not the brightening kind that you get from pale white/champagne based highlighters. So I found this and tried it on my cheeks with the sun bunny bronzer to contour and this for highlight. It looks soooo pretty and I get a glowy complexion. My sister always asks me how I do my makeup to get "photoshopped" skin and this highlighter is one of my key players! Not sure if I'd buy again because this has so much product and you only need the tiniest amount. By the time I finish, I'm pretty sure there will be newer (better?) things on the market that I wanna try. But if I lost this tomorrow, I'd probably buy it again the next day haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So sad I've hit pan with this and I'm having to scrape the edges!
Absolutely brilliant, received so so many compliments when wearing this, it looks gorgeous on and it's gorgeous just to look at in it's packaging too! It's lasted a long time and I'll 100% buy another! It is expensive which is the ONLY downside to it.
Stays put all day, beautiful light glow. Everyone needs this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have waited for what seems like forever to get my hands on this product! I bought the Absolutely Invisible Candle Light glow ages ago online mistaking it for the duo. Anyway, rather regrettably, Too Faced is not sold anywhere near where I live, I have to travel away from home to find decent shops. So, when I eventually got to a retailer that sells Too Faced, I finally got my hands on it!
It is the most gorgeous highlighter ever, you've got one half which is a creamy beige base with champagne gold style shimmer, and the other half is a rose pink base with iridescent silvery white shimmer. I love the fact that unlike some highlighters, it doesn't make you look like you've got huge chunks of glitter swiped across the face, just a subtle, flattering glimmer. You can use either half on its own depending on what you fancy that day or weather its a warm or cool toned look, or mix them together and its heaven.
It wears really well all day, a few people even commented that I looked very healthy and glowy looking while wearing it. I also love the packaging, Too Faced really has a thing about lovely presentation, it comes in a cute little compact with an embossed chandelier in the powder.
I probably wouldn't say this is one of the cheapest highlighters out there, at 25 I found it a little bit steep, but the ends justify the means. Its a great product and when you think about it you're getting two great highlighters in one.
Overall, I love this, its taken me a while to get it but totally worth the wait. Love love love, will most definitely repurchase and it comes well recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent Highlighter! This is one of the most pigmented products I've ever used, Wherever you apply it stays PUT and it's got two very universally flattering shades with tons of dimension. I used liquid highlighters and was afraid this would be too sheer, glittery and wear off because I have oily skin and the other powder highlighters I've tried have worn off but not this stuff, it's awesome.

It can be a bit hard to blend so it should be applied with a light hand and high quality brushes(That does not mean expensive, I use Ben Nye brushes and they're high quality and super cheap).

I love using the pink on my cheks and the gold to accentuate my contouring. So glad I bought this product, I could imagine it being a very good value because a little goes a LONG way.

I love the packaging, too. So cute!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Such a beautiful highlighter!! I like using the creme/white side to highlight my nose, chin, upper lip, and brow bone. The pink side is beautiful for the cheekbones, and if you are wearing a blush that has the same kind of color - this is beautiful to highlight the apples of your cheeks. Use a light hand with this product or else you will literally be glowing in the dark. I like using a small fan brush - I find it gives the most even application and doesn't pick up any "rough" texture. I find both shades to be incredibly smooth and easy to blend into the skin..however, I think when you use too much the shine really starts to cling to your skin and emphasize pores, fine lines etc.

I'm sure I will repurchase if I ever run out! Definitely worth the $$ when it comes to high end highlighters since they last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MandySaysHaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this highlighter! It makes my face look radiant without too much shimmer & without making my face look like an oily mess! It gives off a fairly natural glow, & it is just perfect! It is a bit pricey, but WAY worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful highlighter in equally beautiful packaging. Since it's white gold and pink together, it fits most skin tones.

I was afraid when I swatched it that it would be too shimmery, but when I apply it with a brush, it's definitely just a candlelight sort of glow. It doesn't accentuate my pores either.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely and subtle highlighter if applied lightly with a fan brush for a healthy sheeny looking glow on cheekbones. Blends nicely into skin and over blush seamlessly. No obvious glitter or sparkles.

On my NC15 skin this shows up as a champagne/light gold colour and even if I concentrate my brush on the pink side it still shows up as champagne/light gold on my skin. 10g of product should last a long time as you don't need a lot and does come in the usual style of Too Faced - pretty girly packaging.

The reason I won't be repurchasing is because I had hoped the "pink" would be a pigmented "pink" to use as highlight or toning down brighter pink blushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay I returned this product, I've already wasted a lot of money on MAC products I never use and honestly, fifty dollars to me is a lot of money, and this product isn't worth it if I can't see it

the good thing is that the texture of this is amazing and the color really is pretty, my skin is tan and it looks sort of gold, yet I feel like this would look great on fairer complexions too, so that's a plus and the staying power is good. I'm just really disappointed at the fact it doesn't show up unless I have the perfect lighting

the packaging is really pretty too, even the box it came in is stunning...

EDIT: I tried this on my sister to see how this product looked like to other people when they see me in real life and omg...so. much. glitter. To be fair this seems to happen if you try to blend the product out a little (which takes some of the product off your face but leaves the shimmer particles) but if your careful you can get away with it.