October 24, 2014 | 911 users online

Highlighters - Too Faced - Candlelight Glow duo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by 1funnyface

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I called off sick on Wed and went to work the next day not feeling 100%. Did my makeup that morning-moisturizer, Merle Norman Pure Mineral powder then over that Wet 'n Wild Coverall then MAC Virgin Isle. Then topped it off with Too Face Candlelight Duo. So I'm at work in the most horrible lighting ever and someone says to me "Your skin is glowy and beautiful and you called off sick yesterday" I proceeded to tell them that at 57 I know enough about makeup that I could make a corpse look glowy!! Too Faced Candlelight Duo freakin' rocks!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd like to start off saying that the packaging, both the compact and the package it comes in, are absolutely beautiful. The powder is dual tone with a nice crown (I think) stamped in the centre. I also like the fact that it has a mirror.

At first I loved it because it looked really nice over my NC25-30 skin tone, it does give a nice glow to the skin on bare cheeks or over blush, under the brow bone and on the cupid's bow. It works well over liquid foundation too. However, I'm going it a 4/5 because over time, I noticed that the powder accentuated my pores enough for me to notice. When I tried to apply it in the inner corner of my eyes, I got a stye the next day (and yes, I did experiment and it really was this powder) which is no big deal because it probably wasn't meant for the eye area anyway.

Would I purchase it again? Well, considering that I bought it with a gift card, maybe. I'm not too crazy about it but I can see how people love it. It is quite expensive for a highlighter - I think it was $30 - 35 CAD, but it is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tabby1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love this it photographs very well i usually like to swirl it is good as a soft look for everyday use just the price is the down side

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. I went into sephora looking for the Lorac one but I found out sephora no longer carries Lorac so I searched for a different one instead. I returned my nars albatross because it's just not glowy the way I want it to be. It has a golden yellow sheen but not the brightening kind that you get from pale white/champagne based highlighters. So I found this and tried it on my cheeks with the sun bunny bronzer to contour and this for highlight. It looks soooo pretty and I get a glowy complexion. My sister always asks me how I do my makeup to get "photoshopped" skin and this highlighter is one of my key players! Not sure if I'd buy again because this has so much product and you only need the tiniest amount. By the time I finish, I'm pretty sure there will be newer (better?) things on the market that I wanna try. But if I lost this tomorrow, I'd probably buy it again the next day haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So sad I've hit pan with this and I'm having to scrape the edges!
Absolutely brilliant, received so so many compliments when wearing this, it looks gorgeous on and it's gorgeous just to look at in it's packaging too! It's lasted a long time and I'll 100% buy another! It is expensive which is the ONLY downside to it.
Stays put all day, beautiful light glow. Everyone needs this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have waited for what seems like forever to get my hands on this product! I bought the Absolutely Invisible Candle Light glow ages ago online mistaking it for the duo. Anyway, rather regrettably, Too Faced is not sold anywhere near where I live, I have to travel away from home to find decent shops. So, when I eventually got to a retailer that sells Too Faced, I finally got my hands on it!
It is the most gorgeous highlighter ever, you've got one half which is a creamy beige base with champagne gold style shimmer, and the other half is a rose pink base with iridescent silvery white shimmer. I love the fact that unlike some highlighters, it doesn't make you look like you've got huge chunks of glitter swiped across the face, just a subtle, flattering glimmer. You can use either half on its own depending on what you fancy that day or weather its a warm or cool toned look, or mix them together and its heaven.
It wears really well all day, a few people even commented that I looked very healthy and glowy looking while wearing it. I also love the packaging, Too Faced really has a thing about lovely presentation, it comes in a cute little compact with an embossed chandelier in the powder.
I probably wouldn't say this is one of the cheapest highlighters out there, at 25 I found it a little bit steep, but the ends justify the means. Its a great product and when you think about it you're getting two great highlighters in one.
Overall, I love this, its taken me a while to get it but totally worth the wait. Love love love, will most definitely repurchase and it comes well recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent Highlighter! This is one of the most pigmented products I've ever used, Wherever you apply it stays PUT and it's got two very universally flattering shades with tons of dimension. I used liquid highlighters and was afraid this would be too sheer, glittery and wear off because I have oily skin and the other powder highlighters I've tried have worn off but not this stuff, it's awesome.

It can be a bit hard to blend so it should be applied with a light hand and high quality brushes(That does not mean expensive, I use Ben Nye brushes and they're high quality and super cheap).

I love using the pink on my cheks and the gold to accentuate my contouring. So glad I bought this product, I could imagine it being a very good value because a little goes a LONG way.

I love the packaging, too. So cute!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Such a beautiful highlighter!! I like using the creme/white side to highlight my nose, chin, upper lip, and brow bone. The pink side is beautiful for the cheekbones, and if you are wearing a blush that has the same kind of color - this is beautiful to highlight the apples of your cheeks. Use a light hand with this product or else you will literally be glowing in the dark. I like using a small fan brush - I find it gives the most even application and doesn't pick up any "rough" texture. I find both shades to be incredibly smooth and easy to blend into the skin..however, I think when you use too much the shine really starts to cling to your skin and emphasize pores, fine lines etc.

I'm sure I will repurchase if I ever run out! Definitely worth the $$ when it comes to high end highlighters since they last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MandySaysHaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this highlighter! It makes my face look radiant without too much shimmer & without making my face look like an oily mess! It gives off a fairly natural glow, & it is just perfect! It is a bit pricey, but WAY worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful highlighter in equally beautiful packaging. Since it's white gold and pink together, it fits most skin tones.

I was afraid when I swatched it that it would be too shimmery, but when I apply it with a brush, it's definitely just a candlelight sort of glow. It doesn't accentuate my pores either.

Highly recommended.