October 21, 2014 | 1229 users online

BB Cream - Omorovicza - Complexion Perfector BB Cream SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I feel like a lot of the previous reviews are on the original version of this BB cream since it used to come in one shade. Now, however, there is a Medium shade of this BB cream which is more golden in color and is not pale. I personally love this product. I used a sample of it and will most likely order the full size since my combo/oily skin drank this thing up. I cannot use any BB cream during the summer months since everything slides off my face or breaks me out due to thickness and too much moisture. This product, however, I found to be absolutely perfect for my skin type since it did not slide off and kept me oil free for 6 hours (which is unheard of). My suggestion would be buy a couple of samples on ebay and try it. You may love it, you may hate it but at least you didn't spend $135 without trying it first.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by peoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this product. I'd read many good reviews, and had previously enjoyed using Omorovicza's thermal cleansing balm and a few other samples, so I thought it would be a fairly risk free online purchase. Seemingly, it had all the criteria I was looking for - 'foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen & anti-aging cream in one', sounds perfect right. Firstly, colour wise, I have light skin with neutral undertones and this cream was far too ashy and pink for me (I ordered light as this was the only available option at the time - and is still the colour I would have opted for had the medium been available). Secondly, it is not moisturising at all, in fact I would go as far as to say it is somewhat drying. I looked like a worse version of myself whilst wearing this - it was chalky, clammy, and it seems to sit on top of the skin. I was aware that I had something on my face throughout the day, something that did not enhance my skin in any way, shape or form. It does include spf, in a natural formulation, so this was a bonus, theoretically speaking. In terms of anti-aging effect, I did not use it long enough to be able to comment on efficacy. The bottle and packaging are undoubtedly beautiful, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this incredibly expensive yet sadly ineffective product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You know when you are lemming something for what feels like forever because it feels like it will answer every single skincare woe, finally get your hands on it & realize that it's the polar opposite in every single way?

That's how I feel about this BB cream (I purchased the original version, which I guess is light). Honestly I can't think of a positive thing to say about it. It's not moisturizing, impossible to apply the correct amount to get the SPF protection, zero glow - in fact, even applying a small amount drains all colour from my N20 face, gets into every crevice & pore... The few times I wore this, when I saw my mom she asked if I was feeling well as I looked "drawn and pale." As a result my under eye circles looked aggravated & my hyperpigmentation was more evident, so I had to apply MORE concealer to help even things out... The end result was that it took more time for me to get ready than if I just used my usual layering of products.

When I wrote to CS asking for application tips (thinking it's my butter fingers, not the product), they recommended buying the CC cream to apply underneath - another $$$$ product, are you kidding me? For this price, it should iron my clothes as well as make my skin look great.

I brought this as a bday treat for myself, rationalising that because I travel a lot, this would save a lot of space in my luggage. Well thank goodness for Sephora's wonderful return policy because this was an expensive mistake. As for travel, I get that glass makes for a "luxury" experience but this is just heavy & unwieldy.

I will be the first to say that I got caught up in the blogger hype over this product. I don't know if they had "free sample" goggles on or how anyone over NC10-15 can make this work... Yes, maybe I could use it as a foundation but why bother for this price when there are products better suited for that purpose?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is eye-weepingly EXPENSIVE for a BB cream but I put this at the top of my list for BB creams/primers.

I bought this BB cream in the light version. I am about NC15-20. The coverage is like that of a tinted moisturiser, pretty good and very neutral in colour. It has that characteristic Omorovicza mineral scent that I like. I like that this is a BB cream without silicones and includes hyaluronic acid and vit C. I have pretty dry skin and am still able to get away with using this as my moisturiser/primer underneath my regular makeup. It has an effect on my skin of refining my skin-tone (similar to the blurring effect of the Hourglass ambient lighting powders). My skin looks better long-term when I use this. I get tempted to find an alternative product that is cheaper but I think this is the ONE.

Ingredients:

Hungarian Thermal Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Squalane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecanol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Corundum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Saccharomyces (Hungarian Thermal Water) Ferment Extract, Sucrose Palmitate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Linoleate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acidate, Galactoarabinan, Sodium Hyaluronate, Geraniol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Citronellol, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Pectin, Phospholipids, Linalool, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I had wanted to try this for more than a little while but £82 was a little on the steep side, and unswatched (too far away from any stockists) it seemed frankly foolish. However after some careful research and a discount code I purchased.

The colour in the bottle is quite dark, a sort of putty colour with a bit of a tan, but bizarrely on the skin it lightens considerable. My skin tone is a myriad of shades, I have hyperpigmentation around my eyes and on the sides of my face, my freckles have all merged into a bit of a splodge on my cheeks, I have reddened cheeks, and blackheads and open pores and a top of the milk coloured neck - I am pale but one shade down from the palest, a sort of ruddy porcelain as someone on MUA succintly put it.

The texture is a gel/serum and I was amazed at the level of coverage, more than sufficient, and longevity, all day - ie from 6.30am to 6.00pm, I could use it up and around the eyes and add an extra layer around my nose and chin.

I have used this in all seasons, and whilst generally there are not huge extremes of temperature in UK we are currently in a bit of a heatwave with several days of more than 28 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. This has not budged even after a frantic morning trying to clean the house ready for my son's 21st birthday, it didn't sweat off and I didn't look sweaty, just a little more glowy and I have oily skin.

Would I buy this again? In a heartbeat, it is like coming home.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only got two samples of this from an online purchase, so no comments on long term performance. But I am not impressed by this, and I would certainly feel cheated had I paid full price (couldnt believe it when I found it).

It suits my winter skintone just fine (about NW20), a little on the light side, but ok. But it settles into my dry patches and makes them super visible. Maybe its the sunscreen, I don't know, it looks terrible and I will not even use my second sample. Doesn't feel very hydrating either...

Sorry. So much for hype. No like.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by muffinmocha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had wanted this BB cream for so long, having read all the glowing reviews and product description on various websites. This would be my first BB cream ever but I held off buying it because it was only available in one shade - light. And then I saw that Neiman Marcus had in stock another shade - medium. I figured being between NC-35 to 40, medium would work. So I ordered and I got it today. I was so excited.

What a major letdown :( First, when I opened the parcel, the box containing the product was half-opened, not sealed or encased in plastic. The product did not come with a cap or cover, just the twist pump. To add to the confusion, nothing on the product or the box indicated the shade and to me, it looked pale, not medium.

And then I tried it, consistency is a lot thicker, heavier than I expected and then as I tried the product, spreading it down my cheek toward my chin to check the shade, it felt heavy, chalky, pasty even. It feels like I'm wearing a mask, I could feel the product just sitting on my skin, I can even see it, it makes my pores seem bigger than they actually are. And then there's the smell - like makeup gone bad.

I'm disappointed, of course, but I'm also really confused. All the reviews I read about this are unanimous in their praise. So it is possible I was sold a lemon by Neiman Marcus, from the packaging to the product itself, Nieman Marcus let me down today :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by chanel_junkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am quite torn over this product, which is my first foray into the BB cream world. What sold me initially was the ingredients. It is silicone-free and does not use chemical suncreens, and is free of most other unpleasant ingredients.

The pros first: the hygenic, easy-to-use packaging; the way my skin feels after wearing it; and, as mentioned above, the mineral suncreens and the lack of silicones. (Also, their extremely fast shipping and loyalty points, if that can count!)

Now, the cons. I find the shade leans slightly towards the pink side (I am the palest of olive) and is a touch too dark for me (funnily enough, it is a seamless match with my neck in photos). That said, those are issues unique to my skin tone. As for application, it can be quite streaky at first. It really takes some good blending to get it even. Also, if my skin is not tops, it accentuates the flaws: flakes, pores, etc. As mentioned in another review below, it does not last a long time. However, I personally do not mind all that much. I am Rosemary Swift's camp on this topic: long-lasting products contain "scary" things in order to be so. Another huge detractor is the price. I cannot say that what I have experienced merits it.

It is lightly, and pleasantly, fragranced (reminds me of a foundation my mother used when I was a child), and provides what I would say solid medium coverage, concealing uneveness well. (I had it on to wear around the house the other day and my husband asked why I was made up to go out somewhere fancy.) But the bonus for me is really in how my skin feels when I remove the cream: it is noticeably softer and smoother, as though I have just done a great mask. So I will use the rest of the bottle and see where I land on it once it is done. At the moment, I cannot say that I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mature skin but it is in really good shape, I've always taken care of it. I only need a foundation to even out my skintone a little bit. I never can seem to find the right color - I'm not yellow and I'm not pink. I'm neutral with an olive cast, normal skintone for my Hungarian heritage. So it was natural I would try to find a foundation made in my parents' native land. I heard about Omorovicza but was surprised when I found out there was only one color! Lo and behold it is MY color...not pink and not yellow...not too light or too dark...MY color! Enough said! SOLD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best everyday foundation I've used so far, and I own about 15 different high end foundations-BB creams. Some reviewers mentioned that it doesn't last all day. They probably have combo/oily skin like I do. I wonder if they ever used the foundation that honestly lasts all day on this skin type. Because I am still looking for the one that wouldn't get shine by the end of the day on me!
Anyway, this BB cream lasts longest on me. I apply it at 6 am, and it only really starts to get shiny by 3 pm, which is excellent longevity in my book. I then blot with blotting paper it easily go shine-free untill 6 pm. This is incredible!
I have to admit it does melt by the end of the day, exposing skin underneath and it does settle into lines in the outer corners of my eyes. By I don't have major inperfections and I can smooth it across the lines with my finger when I blot my face anyway.
I have been using this BB for 3 months and I definetely feel benefits to my skin. It is very soothing, and perfecting. Skin is in excellent condition when I take it off. It doesn't condition dry patches though, and tends to accentuate them by the end of the day. So I wouldn't recommend it for severely dry skin.
The shade is way too light for my skin tone, but I mix it with matte bronzer before application and get the perfect match every time, so it is not a problem for me.
I wouldn't be using it for photos, because it has SPF and not a full coverage that I need for the flawless look, but it is the BEST foundation to have every day at the office. I will gladly repurchase.