October 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Blush - Mary Kay - Golden Copper

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have to admit, I've recently fallen head over heels for the "new" (at least to me) mineral line, wearability and colors.

I received a couple of samples of this blush from a local MK consultant, which didn't even seem to be enough for a full single application based on the size of the sample card. Wow, was I wrong. What looked like a miniscule amount on the card actually provided enough blush for 3 applications, as well as using it lightly as a bronzer at my hairline, down my nose and as a bit of contour along my jawline.

This color is GORGEOUS. It is a light coppery color with a golden sheen (as the name would imply). It's neither muddy nor orange. I've been wearing it for a few days now just from the samples I was given, and it stays on a good 8 to 10 hours without fading away on me. I'm very fair (an MK Ivory 6 or Beige 2) and it blends beautifully into my fair skin and does double-duty for me as a subtle bronzer as well.

I was so impressed with this blush/bronzer, as well as a few other products - including a couple of their Timewise foundations (Luminous and Matte wear) that I've scouted around on Ebay to buy the full-sized versions, as well as the "pro compact" and the products to fill it.

I said it in another review and I believe it bears repeating here - If you haven't tried MK in awhile, ring up your consultant or find one online if you don't want the hassle of face-to-face contacts and get some samples of the various blushes, eyeshadows and lipglosses. This mineral line is leaps and bounds ahead of many of the Signature products and really worth trying for yourself. The samples are always free, so there's nothing to lose and you might find yourself falling in love with some of these colors and products, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this shade first as a sample and liked it so well I shelled out the $10 to buy it from my MY consultant (although I bet i could have gotten it for less on evil-bay). Meanwhile, Golden Copper is great as a blush or a bronzer. I have fair PPP NC 15 skin and I like it alot. It will take a long time to "hit pan" and for $10 was a good investment. (Except, of course, that MK makes you buy the silly compact - again I got mine on evilbay for $5 instead of the $16 they charge.) A good blush with a bronzey hint of shimmer.