October 21, 2014 | 1961 users online

Shampoo - California Baby Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Tsukichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this shampoo on my daughter when she was a young baby, and just recently went back to it for myself. I'm pregnant with my second and have developed what I think is a sensitivity to my current shampoo with breakouts on my scalp. I'm not using any other products on my hair at the moment. I wanted something that was gentle and soothing and I immediately thought of this line. I enjoy the smell of it, definitely a little herby, but very light. I would not use this if I if put styling products in my hair because it is just way too gentle to wash out build up sufficiently. Because my hair is pretty fine and thin, I feel like I can get the shampoo to my scalp, but anyone with thick, coarse and/or long hair would probably hate this as a shampoo. It does not lather as a shampoo and only minimally lathers as a body wash, making it difficult to tell if it's been evenly applied and completely washed out. So the pros are: gentle, nice smell, multi-use, great for sensitive skin and non-stripping. Cons are: somewhat pricey, does not lather, not adequate for heavy buildup or thick hair, and even though it says it's concentrated, you'll still end up using a lot. This is a wonderful product for babies and children, but may or may not be the best shampoo for adult hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very gentle shampoo. I have a dry scalp and I can use this product and it does not strip my hair or irritate in any way. I also like it because if does not have sulfates. I use this all over in the shower. This one product has many uses. I bought my at Target, 19oz for around $18.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST shampoo/body/face wash bc it's sulfate free, non-stripping and very biodegradable, making washing a tear-free, non-drying and effortless affair - smells like a day spa with the calming french lavender!! I even use it on my face and it's so awesome at removing makeup as well! I bought the bottle with a pump...fits excellent in shower. My cousin had a baby recently and didn't want to use Johnson's due to all the chemicals in their shampoo and said this is THE BEST for babies bc its all natural ect. It's not cheap...but, very concentrated so a little goes far! Even safe on color treated hair!! I think the pump at Ulta was 20$. But, if you're looking for a dynamite product - check this out! They also have unscented.
Off their website -

"Benefits & Features:
Contains organic and sustainably grown vegan ingredients
No Sodium sulfate, DEA, or numbing agents
Concentrated and biodegradable
No synthetic fragrances. Scented with aromatherapy quality essential oils
No tears, non-irritating, non-stripping formula. Safe and gentle
Two products in one - use head to toe. May be used for hair, face and body
Great for babies, kids, or adults with chemically sensitive skin.
For Grownups:
A great non-drying facial wash for adults (and teenagers!) with sensitive or problem skin.
Thinning hair? Use in place of harsh shampoos that can contribute to hair loss
Safe for chemically treated hair"