November 29, 2014 | 1457 users online

Fragrances - Diane Von Furstenberg - DIANE

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by claregriffin

OMG I love this fragrance. Everytime I wear it I receive so many compliments. I bought this online without smelling it first but I have to say I have already purchased a second bottle. Men and women love this perfume and I have several friends who have purchased it after smelling it on me. Its very long lasting and has a floral but quite deep base to it and I can always smell it on clothes even after washing them. Some of DVF's have been a bit disappointing but this smells expensive and classy. I would definitely recommend it and buy it again! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This fragrance is in the same family as Lovely and NR. I am not sure whether I like it very much. I love the myrrh and violets. Also I am a patchouli fan. However, it is the white laundry musks that I dislike. They make it smell so contrived and it will date quickly.
I suspect in years to come we will be saying, 'Ahh I remember the 2010's' every time we smell one of these fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Very nice fragrance and mostly smells like musk, violet, and myrrh. It lasts forever and can be strong. This is a classic scent and not something that I have smelled before. It's pretty unique.

I do like it but I won't be buying the bottle after trying this out for a month. I can't see this as something I would wear that often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I blindly bought this from Sephora online. It was on clearance and had some really good reviews so I took a gamble. I really like it! It's definitely a cool weather fragrance. Very sophisticated and deep. It smells very similiar to Paloma Picasso. You know that expensive smelling scent almost like new money with a hint of leather? Well this is it and it's obviously a Chypre. I can tell by the depth and sillage. I love patchouli so when I saw that note listed, I knew it was going in my collection. This is one of those fragrances that you use when your're dressed to the nines and going out for the evening. I feel like royalty when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Bettyboo1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells to me exactly like Paco Rabanne's Lady million only a bit lighter so I wear this during the day. Lovely Perfume and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't find this at all akin to SJP Lovely, instead it's very similar to Sisley 'Eau de Soir' both being gorgeous heady florals. This is more of a winter/ evening fragrance but I love how it smells in the heat of summer so it's become an all seasons scent. Amazing sillage!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the SJP fragrance Lovely and found this DVF fragrance to be very similar, albeit less intense. I adored Tatiana in the 80s and I think I love Diane by DVF even more, if that's possible.

This is a classy, sophisticated scent that smells more "woman" than "girl" (no sweet, candy-ish notes, nothing that smells like the little girls' fragrance selection at the drugstore). It's a unique combination of smells that lasts all day with just a quick spritz or two and never fails to bring compliments. It's subtle yet strong enough to last all day, and I find it suitable for both daytime and evening wear.

If you're a fan of SJP's Lovely, you would undoubtedly love Diane by DVF. If nothing else, stop by and pick up a sample at Sephora and give it a try if you're bored with the "kiddie" smelling sweet fragrances that seem to be permeating the market and see how it works for you.

I definitely plan on repurchasing...although it won't be for awhile because the bottle lasts quite a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

First of all, I bought this on the Sephora site and the 3.3 oz bottle was less expensive than the 1.7 oz and it was a great deal! I had to try it after reading reviews and saw that it was on sale. This fragrance is exactly what I have been looking for. It's sophisticated, unique and powerful and I feel enveloped by it and transported to an era when women "dressed" and were elegant. When I wear this, I know I don't smell like everyone else wearing typical dept store perfume. There's something magical and mysterious about it. Be cautious when spritzing, though. This fragrance is strong and one little spritz will get you through day and night and you will still smell it when you wake up in the morning. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahagnes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was given the Eau de Parfum and body lotion gift set--love it. Get compliments almost every time I wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

Diane (the original version, not the variations-on-a-name which have come since) is a sophisticated, elegant floral chypre. It reminds me of other floral or green chypres, like Eau du Soir by Sisley. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews, but that might be because it does not smell at all like the sweet and fruity fragrances which are popular right now (and which I hate).