September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Herbashine-Temporary Color

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Rach2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this product. I colour my hair about twice a year at the salon and once or twice a year a home, I have natural dark brown hair with a red tinge in it. My last colour was at the hairdressers some 6-8 months ago, I actually wanted black but they refused to do it for me. Being Asian they have this thing about colouring another Asians hair black -_-. So I ended up going for dark reddish brown highlights. By now it had gone grassy and brassy, made me look malnourished and unhealthy. So happened that Priceline had 40% off all hair products, so I got a box for $5, a steal! I used blueberry black.
The last time I coloured my hair at home I had to get it redone at the hair dressers as it didn't turn out well. I used Schwarzkopf LIVE colour (in a cup) and was terribly disappointed with the product and price. So staying away from Schwarzkopf I thought I'd try Garnier. Before this my preferred was Loreal Casting, it has a stronger smell than Garnier.
Back to the product, since my normal hair dresser made it clear he would not be doing my hair black, I decided to do it myself, and this product was surprisingly easy to use and did not disappoint one bit. Yes the plastic gloves that came with it were huge but it stayed on fine. When mixed together it had a lovely smell, and a creamy texture that was not runny or drippy, it clung onto my hair very well. I didn't get the feeling as though I was putting something toxic on my hair as I did with the S brand. I love how it only takes 10miutes, perfect for busy mums like me. The conditioner was lovely and not too greasy compared to Loreal ones. I only left the conditioner on for 1-2 minutes (it recommends 2-3mins) and it made my hair very soft and shiny afterward. It also rubbed off easily from my skin and white shower tiles. The creamy texture was so perfect that I could comb it through while applying with no drips at all!
I usually feel self conscious after colouring my hair, mainly due to the smell, but not this time. There was no after smell. My hair appears more sleek, smooth and tame.
Colorwise it is exactly what it says on the box, blueberry black. The next day some considerable amount of colour washed off, however did not stain my towels or shower.
I will definitely buy this product again and recommend it to anyone in a similar situation. For once I don't feel like a victim to false advertising ie. This seems to be a product that does exactly what it says. I secretly hope the colour lasts longer than 28 washes as I totally love it, so does hub :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

This is a review for shade 200 "brownish black".

Starting point - dark brown, straight hair. Virgin, healthy, medium-thick. I thought I'd give myself a color boost - age and sun made my natural red highlights more prominent which I didn't like.

Finish - jet black hair. Flat, jet black hair.

After crying myself to sleep with Allan Poe's verses going through my head, I decided to suck it up and diligently washed and waited. After about 10 washes it was still jet black with no dimension to it whatsoever. After co-workers lovingly commented on how I look like a cute Wii character, a realization struck. Something had to be done. This weekend, I have come up with a concoction of dishwashing liquid, baking soda and 10% volume hydrogen peroxide (about 2 tbsp each for my hair is short), stirred all of the ingredients together to form a liquidy gunky paste. Then I've added some shampoo to that in order to ease the application, rubbed the paste into my dry hair adding a little bit of water as I went along for better spreadability. Then I let everything air dry. Then I washed it off followed by the usual shampoo+conditioner combo. The water ran grey so I knew the dye was lifting. It did work. The hair is now is a nice very deep brown with some of my natural color showing which makes it look more natural.

Should you decide to try this, I have to warn you that after the paste was washed off the hair became very matted and dry. I have 'untouched' hair with low porosity so it bounced right back to being full of life with a little bit of conditioning. For the adventurous folk with processed/damaged hair this dryness can be quite an obstacle.

Overall, the dye did what is meant to do. But I can't give it a high rating because it's not true to color and the color is very flat-looking. I will not repurchase unless Garnier reformulates. I'll also be more careful picking demi-permanent haircolor next time and stick with a shade that's a bit lighter than the one I want - just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My color is 645 and it's such a great color! remember that temporary color will only add pigment that is darker that your hair color that you have. you can't do highlights with it.
So the color turned red and i didn't put it all over. i used a cap and pulled lots of small strands through. it looks so natural. i am naturally an auburn so i added more red to accentuate what i already have.

i picked temporary color that washes out in 28 shampoos so that when i redo it, i won't have to make sure i get the roots.
I love the color! and i have gotten more than 28 shampoos out of it