November 27, 2014 | 944 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Mineralize - Smutty Green

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased smutty green along with her mineralize cousins, blue flame and young punk, from my local MAC counter last month, so these are either old stock or have been re-released. This one is my surprising favourite. It swatches beautifully but when applied dry to the lids the black base is more prominent with only hints of glitter. It can be used as a liner for more toned down looks as it is not true to the mesmerising pan colour. But wow, wait til you see it wet! These mineralize shadows are absolutely awesome when foiled with water or a fixing spray. It applies incredibly smoothly, and looks like a liquid metal. It takes a minute or 2 to dry but worth the wait.

Another reason smutty green is my favourite as you can wear it boldly or play it down even in its vibrant incarnation. It seems to stay in place better than the other 2 I have, which are a little more prone to smudges and fading. Goes beautifully with a metallic or frost silver. I often wear a splash of this as a colour pop or liner along with the Chanel Tisse Vientiene palette and it blends in beautifully. This shade is beautiful in the pan and on the lids alike, and there is a lot of product that I can't even see a dent in after some major experimenting in the last month. Great colour payoff and very versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this and I am in love! I love it dry as it's like an olive green, but when I use it with fix+, I get an AMAZING result! It's more like an army/emerald green when wet. I think you get a lot for your money with this. It's a very large pan. Give it a try especially if you have green eyes. However, it would be great with any eye color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by pdu2503

Love this color! It's absolutely perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pleasantly surprised by this mineralized shadow at first test. Very glittery but pretty mix of greens, charcoal & cream in its pan. Serious staying power when applied wet and minimal fallout; I tried it in the store, thought oh well, we'll see how long this holds up (not) and was proven wrong- if you don't remove it, it doesn't fade or wear completely off. The color is a TRUE emerald when applied damp; rich and vibrant. I have not sprung for this yet as it's a more "fun" shade, not what I consider a must-have or an everyday staple. But it gave gorgeous life to my plain black liner/neutral shadow combo and is now definitely a contender the next time I'm looking for a stunning pop of color :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what took me so long to review this product, I guess I thought I already had. This is the most gorgeous green eyeshadow of any type I have ever had. You really need to wear it foiled (wet) to get the full gorgeous, gorgeous effect. It must be seen and tried to be believed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has got to be THE most perfect emerald green eyeshadow!! It is pretty shimmery, I won't say it's "glittery" but it sparkly? It's a nice deep emerald green shimmer with a dark black background. As with most/all MES, these really do perform best when foiled (used wet). The green really pops and gives your eyes a very glamorous smoky look. When used dry, it's more of a matte black with green shimmers. But wet??? it's like green liquid metal or aluminum foil!!! Definitely one of my faves!! Then again, I love pretty much all of the MAC MES's :D

I have: Ether, Young Punk, Smutty Green, Mercurial, and Earthly Riches (which is more satin/frost compared to the rest which are shimmery)