April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Mascara - Avon - Super Extend Extreme

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by peachmoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

separates nicely and isn't clumpy but that's about all that's going well here. it doesn't hold a curl very well and overall it's not outstanding as a REGULAR mascara. more notably for a product with this name, i didn't notice any lengthening effect at all. in addition, it always leaves black dots above (probably most people won't have this problem- i have long eyelashes naturally) and smudges under my eyes within 30min which is bizarre since i only do the top lashes. i didn't buy this, but borrowed it from my mother so i'm not sure how much it cost but i've never paid less than $16 for a (poor quality) mascara in australia, the average being $20... apparently this retails for around $23 so with this quality (not to mention an ugly container...) i definitely wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I hate the packaging. Bright neon yellow, ew hahaha! That's not an issue though, the brush is nice because there are many bristles to capture every lash from root to tip! It has an average formula though. Little length, little volume, little pigmentation and average curl! I wouldn't repurchase and I got it free anyway from an avon gift.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have purchased several times now. Best mascara ever. Great sheen, doesn't flake, perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Punkye

This is awesome :) I've been wearing this mascara since it came out ... No smudges, and it holds well !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jlatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you want the look of false lashes, use this mascara! It's wonderful. I wear it on my top lashes only as it makes the bottom lashes look too long. It goes on smoothly and doesn't clump if you don't use too much. It doesn't irritate my eyes and I wear contacts.

The only thing I don't like is that it flakes off a bit throughout the day. I try to stock up on this when it's on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by karlimarly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most mascaras that I have used usually end up leaving black smudges under my eyes by mid-day. I can wear this mascara all day without any smudging or flaking, and I love that the fibers make my runty lashes look longer. It isn't too goopy, either, so it only takes a couple swaps on the tube to get the excess off, and then it goes on really cleanly and clump-free. The brush has short bristles in two sections and long in two others, so it is easy to get right down to the lashline and get the base, which is important for me because I have totally blonde lashes and it looks silly if there is a gap. Then the long bristles work well for covering the rest of the lash. I have not experience flaking or smudging at all with this mascara! My one complaint it due to packaging, I think. After just a few uses, I couldn't get the handle to screw back on completely, so it got a bit dry inside, but it still works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm surprised by the reviews on this. I LOVE this mascara. The small bristles on the brush are perfect for my eyelashes. It doesn't clump at all and I love how well it separates my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xBeautyNAshleyx

Like most people are saying, no it's not the worlds worst mascara, but it's not the best either. My few complaints are that it's clumpy, like it leaves huge gapes. When you blink it sticks together. And when you diping the wand you get all this excess mascara at the tip. It's ok..

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by waterbaby241

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate this mascara, and I HATE Avon for discontinuing the best mascara ever- Astonishing Lengths. If was the perfect volume & lengthening mascara. Do me, and all of us, a favor and write to Avon & beg them to bring it back. This crappy mascara made my lashes dry out & break off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon's Super Extend Extreme Mascara will help you "go to great lengths" according to the brand. Avon claims that this mascara makes lashes look up to 87% longer. The formula is supposed to contain "magnetic" fibers that instantly attach to the lashes, "extending them to extreme new lengths." I purchased this mascara back in May, didn't take it overseas with me, and have been avoiding reviewing it since I got home. After years of hating Avon mascaras, I tried and loved SuperShock. I bought Super Extend Extreme under the impression it'd be just as ballin', and was thoroughly disappointed. I'm back to hating Avon mascaras. I purchased this mascara at it's intro price of $3.50, it normally sells for $9.50, so I got a great deal. This mascara contains 7g, or .247oz. Avon mascaras are hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist tested. Super Extend Extreme is available in waterproof and washable formulas, in two colors. It's promised to be clump, flake, and smudge free. This mascara was made in the USA. Avon products are not tested on animals, except in their Chinese market
Like all Avon mascaras, Super Extend Extreme comes wrapped in black plastic with warnings, directions, and a full ingredient list written on it. The tube is bright yellow, squared at the top, rounded in the middle, and back to squared at the end of the cap. A little silver band encircles the bottom of the cap. The tube only features the name of the product, written in black. The name mysteriously smudges off the tube. Weird. Almost as weird as the shape of the tube, but I guess it looks cool (the tube not the smudges. That's just bizarre).
Super Extend Extreme's brush is large, and also weirdly shaped. Avon calls it the "Mega Length Brush". It's made up of "flexible, lash hugging bristles combined with precision comb bristles to build extra, extra, long lashes". The brush is actually a little hard to pull out of the tube. The brush is flat on two sides and round on the other two; the rubber bristles are shorter on the flat sides. The "Mega Length Brush" comes to a really weird point that makes getting into the inner corners awkward. Not really a fan of this brush, it's size makes it difficult to get to the roots of the lashes, the corners, and it's far too big to use on the lower lashes without disaster. The bristles seem spaced incorrectly to me, they barely grasp the lashes at all.
This mascara's formula is very well and thick, it's actually kinda goopy. It has a gross, inky smell to it. The "magnetic" fibers seem to be more attracted the mouth of the tube than the brush and your lashes. This mascara is one of the wettest I have ever encountered, it stays wet for several minutes, and honestly seems to never completely dry even after several hours of wear. The thick wet formula weighs my lashes down, even with only one coat. My lashes don't have much natural curl to them, but this mascara straightens them all the way. This is not what a mascara is supposed to do, in fact it is the opposite. This mascara does not extend my lashes to the extreme, and the promise of extra, extra long lashes is laughable. It barely lengthens my lashes, and the length it does give is negated by my now straight lashes. Curling does not fix the problem because the mascara never fully dries. It's pretty awful. Obviously, if a mascara never dries completely, smudging is bound to happen. As you can imagine, removal is easy.
Avon's Super Extend Extreme is awful. The worst mascara I've tried in a long while. The brush is weird, the formula is goopy, and the results are pitiful. No mascara should ever make your lashes droop, nor should any mascara smell have this weird, strong, inky scent. Packaging smudges, and so does the product it contains. I really regret buying this mascara, even if I got it on steep discount, it's turned me back off Avon mascaras. I'm probably going to toss it out after this post goes up. It's pretty obvious that I wouldn't repurchase Super Extend Extreme, and I certainly don't recommend it. If you're set on buying an Avon mascara, choose SuperShock instead.