October 2, 2014 | 1806 users online

Body Scrubs - Villainess - Smooch in Sidewalk

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked that it's all natural, smells like a tropical oasis & left my skin feeling soft & smelling great. I didn't like that it's expensive for a body scrub, the scent fades, the container makes it hard to get all of the product out & in general, I prefer salt scrubs over sugar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sidewalk Smooch is a limited edition scrub made by Villainess.

It's a combination of fine-grained sugar and jojoba in an oil base; primarily grapeseed, cherry kernel and coconut plus mango butter.

The Smooches are meant to be used on damp skin, and when you rinse them off, they transform into a light lotion.

It comes in a plastic tub with a metal lid and the labels were unaffected by moisture; perfect packaging for a body scrub.

Villainess describes the scent as "Hot concrete drenched in sunshowers. Summer melons, limeade and fresh-cut grass." While I couldn't pick out those notes specifically, it was a lovely fresh and sweet scent.

One downside of this product is that the only preservative is vitamin E, so you're meant to use it within a month of opening it. That wasn't a problem for me. I need a heavy-duty scrub for my dry skin so I needed to use lots, so the 198g/7oz jar only lasted three uses.

I would buy again if I could, but more for the scent than the exfoliating properties as I need a coarser-grained scrub. (Plus, the label indicates it's a limited edition, so it's probably sold out.)

I bought this from someone on LJ a few months ago, so I can't comment on the usual price.

Ingredients: Sucrose (Sugar), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Prunus Avium (Cherry) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hydrogenated Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ultramarine Blue, Bentonite Clay, Kaolinite (White Clay)