New York Color Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

I almost never have acne, I get like 1 little pimple a month but this primer gave me so much acne on my middle forehead after the first use! I had 7-8 pimple and it did nothing for my skin, hated it

This primer is horrible. It has a ton of glitter in it and in natural light it may not be noticeable, however, in artificial light it makes me look ridiculous and foundation does not cover the glitter. This primer also broke me out and overall I didn't notice a difference in the wear of my face products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this primer in April & have used it off & on since. I love its powdery scent, the $3 price, & the chic black & white tube.I have mostly oily skin & this time of year is making it worse. I already love the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Matte primer (sky blue tube) but wanted something that could serve as a back-up or for weekends. Anyway, it has a shimmer in the white gel/cream that doesn't read as glitter or oil on my skin. It feels so light & is easily mixed w/my Rimmel BB Cream (Original formula) for lighter coverage. I can layer it under the Rimmel BB, too. It helps my pores look pretty small. My pores on my upper cheeks tend to stand out to me & this helps. I've tried it under Rimmel's Stay Matte mousse foundation & it doesn't harm the matte finish. It gives an airbrushed look to it that stays in place until maybe 5pm if applied @ around 9am, so yay! I don't notice a reduction in my forehead lines but it controls my oil so well, I'm ok w/that. It claims to even skin's tone but I'm not relying on my primer to handle that. It absorbs fast, too! It goes well under my Cover Girl Clean Normal Skin foundation & helps extend its wear. I can go a couple more hours w/it than w/out it. We have recently hit mid-80's w/humidity here, so it's gotten a good trial thus far. I apply my Rimmel Stay Matte powder on top of all my foundations & I'm good to go. The place it failed me was under my eyes. It made the Maybelline Super Stay look really odd but that's an issue I've had w/the Hard Candy primer, too. But that concealer stays on really well w/no primer & I just wanted to see what happened w/it. It's nice to have another great New York Color product to use!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the price this is not a bad primer, if you ignore the claims of minimizing pores and lines because it doesn't do that. This is good for giving your skin a smoother base for foundation and it does make my make-up look fresher a bit longer true out the day. This does contain shimmer but on my dry skin it only gives a glow and it doesn't look glittery. Now the thing is I'm around NC30 and I do feel that this makes me a little paler, this primer goes on clear(ish) but it's white and if it came in more colors it would suit my skintone better. I would recommend it if you don't expect too much from a primer, you only need a smooth base and you like dewy skin. I could even see this being used as a highlighter on top!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked up this primer because I couldn't get my hands on the Hard Candy primer I was using, that I absolutely love. When I tried it out the first time I was a little confused. For one it is VERY liquidy. I tried shaking it to see if maybe that would mix the product, nope. The colour of it was very off putting as well. I can see where people say it looks glittery, the primer itself definitely looks shiny. However I didn't find it made my face look greasy or like a "disco ball" it feels very odd on the face though. Actually, I didn't find that it did anything, at all. That's the problem. I wasn't expecting a whole lot for the price, and they definitely didn't disappoint. I don't find it fills in my pores, controls shine, or makes my makeup last any longer. It's just kind of there. I'm not too irritated I bought it since it was only about $5 but I'll be in the market for a different primer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer. It creates a slightly attractive sheen on my face & makes me look radiant. I wear this under my everyday foundation & it sure creates a flattering result. The minor glitter effect in the formula creates a very youthful appearance & it has an a moisturizing texture. Not too thick also. I would still recommend women to wear facial lotion on their face (if need be) prior to applying this product. I wear this shade in "684".

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Although this product is cheap it's not worth any money. i was expecting fairly good things from this product as NYC have good products considering the price. it has little bits of glitter that are supposed to give you a dewy effect but it makes you look like a glitter ball or a vampire of twilight. its a primer which means it should make your foundation last longer however instead it makes foundation slide of my face and within the next hour all my make-up has dissapeared off my face. I keep trying to give this product a go but every time I do it lets me down!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not sure where all these negative reviews ate coming from, because I really like this product. I use it along with a moisturizer under my foundation, and my makeup lasts all day! It has tiny white sparkles in it, which you can't really see once blended into the skin, but they give my face such a nice luminous glow. This stuff is really great! Better than my Hard Candy primer I had been using!

I actually love this stuff to death. I have normal skin, with some slight oil on the chin and nose.

This makes my face look gorgeous under my foundation! I was a bit put off by the sparkles at first but just give the tube a good shake before you apply and it goes on just fine.I do get a good glob out of the tube when I squeeze but I like to make sure my whole face is covered and well down my neck as well. With the foundation over top it really gives your face a "lit from within" glow which for me works. I have not broke out at all from this product which in itself is a huge selling point and will most definitely buy this again when I run out. Hell, for 6 bucks a tube Ill buy seven or eight of them!

It feels really moisturizing and makes my face feel so smooth.

All in all I LOVE THIS STUFF!

Ok this is the worst primer ever, as it does not help my make up stay fixed or last longer. Made my skin more oiler then it already was. My makeup looked and stayed on better without the primer. I highley recommend you don't buy it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors