April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Primer/ Corrector - New York Color - Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

So the only reason I bought this primer is because it was the only one in the store. So I get home and open it, and it's white with sparkles in it. Hmm... that's weird for face primer. So I put it on my face, and it's super oily and it runs and sparkles me face up. The next day, I wake up acne- ridden. I was VERY disappointed.
The price is a little too much for the poor quality of the product. The packaging is awful because it squirts out waaay too much product onto your hand.
The ONLY reason I buy this over and over is because I use it as a highlighter on my nose. That's seriously it. So, if you want a highlighter, buy this product. If you want a face primer, buy another product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

Ugh my search for a good primer isn't over yet! I picked this up because I needed something to replace my Victoria's Secret primer.. not realizing that this was glitter bomb central. UGH! This morning I noticed that my face looked like a disco ball. Sure, I look very "lit from within" but who really wants to look like they swallowed a light bulb?! Onto the next one...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by gypsiewinde

I'm surprised with the bad reviews as well. The only reason I bought this was because they were out of what I usually buy and I needed something. This is the best primer I've tried yet. It's perfect for my mineral makeup. The expensive primer I usually order (that goes with my mineral makeup) makes it go on cakey. NYC primer makes it go on like it looks on tv. It's awesome. It even makes the circles under my eyes cover better. This is all I'll buy from now on. And it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really surprised at the bad reviews of this primer. This is the only primer to date that has kept my makeup on ALL day and not turned me into a greasepot. It is a shimmery primer for illuminating purposes and of course when you apply it it looks very bright and shiny with a silvery glow. Once I put my foundation (Borujois Happy Light atm) over the top with a flat top brush all I can see is an actual illuminated face - something I didn't see alone with that foundation. My foundation usually wears off pretty quick during the day and I am left with patches especially around my chin and cheeks where there's just nothing left. I wore this today and it was super hot, even went out for a walk and it has stayed put, and the only change is the primer I have used. Price - amazing. Packaging - great. Product - fantastic! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

The only thing I like about this was if a foundation was giving me troubles I could use this underneath as a barrier. That was it.
This doesn't help your foundation glide on, it doesn't hide pores, it does keep the oil away, and it doesn't help your makeup last through out the day. It'll make your skin glittery and luminescent before you apply your foundation. that's it.

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer is a more expensive version of this. Both suck.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Marielle4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now before you run out to buy this, read on, this may not be for you.
It is dirt cheap, doesn't smell nice at all and as many people have stated before me, for many it may be grease central..
BUT.. if you have ageing skin like me, a little dry, sallow, wrinkly in places, big pores (for me on my nose).. this might just be for you.

I have a few foundations I cannot wear anymore because they settle in my pores and I look like I have powder blobs on my face. Time for a silicone based primer to smooth out the pits and bumps on my face.
Picked this one up, not expecting much but it is rather good actually, provided you can get over the smell and only use a little bit.

I don't get the sparkles other reviewers mentioned, I get an illuminating effect which is why I only need a pea sized drop for my whole face. I use it on my cheeks, forehead and nose and it works. I can use all my foundations again. (You can even use it on top of foundations as a illuminator).

Like another reviewer below me mentioned, if you have mature skin, it really does work. HTH.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by BunkysPrincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Greasy gross! I have been using this product for a few weeks.I have come to the conclusion that this is no more than glorified body lotion! It feels greasy and then when combined with their foundation, it feels like I have applied baby oil on my face! Oh well...Off to buy another product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

To echo the sentiments of a previous reviewer... WORST PRIMER EVER!!! It's watery, it's thin, it's shiny, it's shimmery. Does NOTHING to help makeup adhere. Even as a highlighter it's too much sheen. Straight to the trash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst primer ever! It doesn't even prep your skin to apply your foundation. I can pretty much use almost anything on my face & not break out, but this junk broke me out in little tiny whitehead bumps all over my forehead & cheeks. It feels like I'm just putting some really watery lotion on my face, there's not any smoothing or priming going on with this stuff. And it's really glittery! Or some may say it's "shimmery". Whatever term you want to use, primer shouldn't be glittery/shimmery. That's meant for highlighting, not covering your whole face in it. Awful product. Had to go in the trash.
Thankfully it was only like $3.00.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing primer. Wanted to like it as the packaging looked professional and the primer looked smooth when tested on the back of my hand.
But a poor job at keeping my make up on and making the skin look dull.
Sadly this is a hands down for me

Rubbish & non lasting