October 30, 2014 | 1495 users online

Primer/ Corrector - New York Color - Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lissadoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually love this stuff to death. I have normal skin, with some slight oil on the chin and nose.

This makes my face look gorgeous under my foundation! I was a bit put off by the sparkles at first but just give the tube a good shake before you apply and it goes on just fine.I do get a good glob out of the tube when I squeeze but I like to make sure my whole face is covered and well down my neck as well. With the foundation over top it really gives your face a "lit from within" glow which for me works. I have not broke out at all from this product which in itself is a huge selling point and will most definitely buy this again when I run out. Hell, for 6 bucks a tube Ill buy seven or eight of them!

It feels really moisturizing and makes my face feel so smooth.

All in all I LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ElizaMateo

Ok this is the worst primer ever, as it does not help my make up stay fixed or last longer. Made my skin more oiler then it already was. My makeup looked and stayed on better without the primer. I highley recommend you don't buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have so many reviews I swear I did but obviously not. This is one of those products I really feel I should review since it has so many mixed results. Its either you love it or hate it. I personally have really enjoyed it but this is def a product that may not work well for some skin types. This is why I love it....
~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~
N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer is available in most drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreen's as well as mass discount stores like Walmart & Target. Availability & price will vary depending on your location as well as sales, discounts, coupons, etc. NYC Cosmetics are a very cheap & affordable brand. This primer is generally priced around $4-5., I purchased mine at Walmart for $4 which is awesome for face primer. Its cheaper than most and will last awhile so its def fairly priced for the product. I do not see NYC coupons in the local papers so try drugstore sales/coupons to get a better deal.
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~
N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer only comes in one shade which is 886. This claims to "NYC Colorís Primer instantly transforms even the most city-weary complexions, reviving dull looking skin and boosting radiance. Think of this so-called lingerie for your skin as unmentionables definitely worth mentioning! Itís the ultimate accessory for your skin thatís perfect for all skin types." More info is on their website. I had heard about this a long time ago from Pinkiecharm on YouTube & she always has high end expensive products & plus she has similar dry skin like myself & she said she really liked it. When I initially swatched it in the store, i looked & seen sparkles. So I passed but eventually I picked it up & decided to try it anyway. The formula is a thinner lotion with an iridescent finish. There is some sparkle to it which threw me off a bit but I find it works just fine if you make sure to shake it up well. The formula is great for those like myself w/ dry & dull skin. It almost feels moisturizing or less drying like some primers. It has somewhat of a very slight almost undetectable purple sheen to it which I love since it brightens my skin. I like to put on a silicone based primer than on highlighting/high points on my face like cheekbones, nose bridge, chin, forehead then apply my liquid/cream foundation. I find this works really well as bringing life to dull skin & smooths over any drier areas I have w/out emphasizing spots. I like the way it looks under foundation but I have also used it on top to highlight areas in a pinch & it works well for that too. I do not notice my foundation fading or creasing in areas that I applied it. I do not think its going to help w/ wear time but it does do as it claims which is "
Lines appear minimized
Imperfections, dark circles and enlarged pores are masked
With vitamin E which helps to protect against potential free radical damage
Enhances your skinís smoothness and moisturization
Lasts all day
I really have found this is a great primer for those with normal to dry skin. Not sure how it will hold up on oily skin types. I reach for this quite often since I do not like flat or matte makeup on my skin so this works perfectly with all my foundation. I know some primers I have to be careful or it changes texture of foundation. This is a great affordable primer similar to other moisturizing or brightening primers like L'Oreal Lumi primer for half the cost.
~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~
NYC Smooth Skin Primer comes in a simple squeezable white tube with black lid, labeling & info. There is 1 fl oz or 30 ml which is a fair amount for a primer. The lid twists on/off easily & keeps product from getting messy or from waste. The hole is big enough to get product out but small enough you can squeeze a small amount that is needed. I like that its squeezable & not bulky or heavy. Very practical & travel friendly. It doesn't take up too much room. I like how its hygienic, no need for digging fingers in a jar for product. The packaging is great for the product. It works and serves its purpose. Its not the most beautiful or cool packaging but its works just fine for me. No problems with it. I will be able to get to all of the product with no problems.
Overall, if you have normal to dry skin and are looking for a primer that will help with dull lifeless skin and one that does't dry out your skin, or are on a budget like myself, def give this is a shot. I really have come to love the product and find it makes my makeup look so much better. I will def repurchase this over and over. I always wanted to try similar primers but they are too much for how little you get but this works so I have no need to anymore. Found a great primer here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok so I bought this based on Allure Review. This may be a primer focused on folks with drier skin given the mineral oil in it. I'm ok with the oil since my skin is parched. I don't have any sparkles in my tubes either....it gives an amazing soft focus lighting. I put it under my Rimmel BB Light cream and then just dab concealer for rosacea bits. It covers the pores well but the lines so-so (im ok with that). Regardless, I look flawless in Florida humidity and heat.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by faaaabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's goopy and just plain terrible. It does absolutely nothing for me other than make my face look like a freaking disco ball. Would NEVER recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cpetersen

I hate this primer. The first time I used it I didn't mind it that much even though it was quite sparkly but now I notice that it peels off on my skin which is super weird and it leaves me looking really patchy. Beware of this primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by SkyHawthorne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok this is the worst primer ever, as it does not help my make up stay fixed or last longer. It simply makes my face look like a disco ball, however as a highlighter its not bad, so i shall continue to use it as a highlighter but will not repurchase once finished.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by madisonhouston9

So the only reason I bought this primer is because it was the only one in the store. So I get home and open it, and it's white with sparkles in it. Hmm... that's weird for face primer. So I put it on my face, and it's super oily and it runs and sparkles me face up. The next day, I wake up acne- ridden. I was VERY disappointed.
The price is a little too much for the poor quality of the product. The packaging is awful because it squirts out waaay too much product onto your hand.
The ONLY reason I buy this over and over is because I use it as a highlighter on my nose. That's seriously it. So, if you want a highlighter, buy this product. If you want a face primer, buy another product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

Ugh my search for a good primer isn't over yet! I picked this up because I needed something to replace my Victoria's Secret primer.. not realizing that this was glitter bomb central. UGH! This morning I noticed that my face looked like a disco ball. Sure, I look very "lit from within" but who really wants to look like they swallowed a light bulb?! Onto the next one...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by gypsiewinde

I'm surprised with the bad reviews as well. The only reason I bought this was because they were out of what I usually buy and I needed something. This is the best primer I've tried yet. It's perfect for my mineral makeup. The expensive primer I usually order (that goes with my mineral makeup) makes it go on cakey. NYC primer makes it go on like it looks on tv. It's awesome. It even makes the circles under my eyes cover better. This is all I'll buy from now on. And it's cheap!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No