November 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Malice #71

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Malice Joues Contraste #71 is an excellent blush, and one of the more "bold" shades that Chanel makes. It's a shimmery warm coral blush that leans pink. It does contain glitter bits. The fact that this blush has both warm and cool tones in it makes it very versatile. Because of the pigment in this blush, you can build the color to your satisfaction. I like to use this with the Chanel Presage cream blush underneath to intensify the color and make it last longer. As always, this comes in the signatures black Chanel case embossed with the CC logo and a velvet pouch is included. Supposedly, the tiny blush brush included is the same quality as Chanel's regular brush line, but it's too small to be of good use, so I took off one lippie for that. The blush is also scented with roses and lasts quite a long time, as I've had this blush for over a year now. At $45, the Chanel JC blushes are pricey, but well worth it if you love luxury items. A great bright corally summer color. I'd buy it again if I ever lost it or ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Eleanorswanoyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty if handeled carefully. Perfect for my skintone, but too expensive to purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A warm, flattering peachy coral color. I have tons of blushes near this shade, but this one stands out, due to the great pigmentation. I reach for it all the time. It also lasts longer than most blushes do on me. A bit expensive, but lasts and is worth the cost in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ahh, expensive make-up....is it REALLY worth it? Does anyone come up to me on the days I am wearing this as opposed to my Mary Kay blush and tell me that they can see that my coloring is worth $45??? No. Never happened....

But there is something about picking up and fondling that gorgeous glossy compact, it opens so nicely, and closes with a beautiful little click. The soft, warm rosiness of this blush, the way it just melds into your skin - it's a treat, no doubt, to pamper yourself with products like this. Yes, there are cheaper alternatives, I have plenty of them - but spending more, buying into the glamour, it just FEELS GOOD. It's the luxury of using Chanel that I think people find the most appealing - well, I know that is it for me. And to think, there are lines that are even MORE pricey than Chanel....

I don't want to blow all my money on "brand" - and I choose carefully..just because something is pricey does not mean it is good - I have thrown away Chanel mascaras, given away foundation and skin care.. But there are a few gems in every line, and every now and then, it's fun to splurge. This blush is one of them, it really is a pleasure to use and leaves your cheeks glowing...staying power for me is the same as with most blushes, I need a touch up mid day. I would definitely buy it again, though more than likely, I will never use this up. Maybe some day when I feel like being good to myself, I will try another color.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by amysuh

I can only agree with all the other reviews. malice is gorgeous!!!! beautiful peachy coral that looks flattering on all skintones. I made sure to bring my fiance to Bloomingdales so he could pay for it. only con is the price but i probably will buy more. all the colors were stunning. I also love rose petale and tumulte.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

The minute I looked at Malice at the Chanel counter I knew I had to own this gorgeus shade.............a mix of coral/peach with very fine gold sparkles which give Malice that perfect hint of shimmer.
Im very fair with cool tones and Malice looks amazing on me especially during the warm months where I have a tan.
I think that this became my most reached for blush this summer, I just couldn't get enough of it and I own about 25 other blushes (Nars,Mac)
Malice looks good on all skin tones, due to the color combo it's neither warm or cool in my opinion its both. Quality is supberb as with all Chanel products. This blush is what I wanted Nars Orgasm to be, Orgasm is ok in my book, but I feel like it's not as flattering on fair skin tones due to the stronger red undertones and those fat chunks of glitter kind of throw me off. Malice is a stunning blush which is a timeless color and a staple for me especially during the summer months. Chanel never disappoints me, they always in my opinion create the most flattering shades of pink, whether it's a gloss,blush or a lipstick........Chanel creates the most classic pink shades that will always be timeless and worn with confidence for the confident sophisticated Chanel girls!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great summery color with a vivid brightness that seems to wake up my skin a bit. It's a deeper, more intense version of coral than I'm used to wearing but I like splashy colors like this in spring and summer. It looks great paired with bronzer too. It shows up as more of a pink-coral than an orange-coral on me. Whereas some of the more orange corals clash with my pale, cool toned skin, this strawberry pink undertone looks more natural. No ruddy cast or reddish tones. There's so many different versions of coral out there but what stands out for me is the texture and formula. The powder is so silky and pigmented with such a fine grain that I don't need to blend much at all for it to look beautiful. It has a faint golden shimmer that's doesn't look glittery or brassy.

Even though it's lightly fragranced I don't have any problems with irritation or sensitivity. It wears well without fading for hours and doesn't appear powdery or dry. Easily buildable for more intensity. Nice classic packaging. A tiny amount goes a long way for me so I probably wouldn't repurchase anytime that I can see, but I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a pink-coral with some sheen and brightness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product, only problem.... pretty expensive at 46.00+USD w/taxes. However a Chanel product seems to last me forever, and the quality is on point! Malice is a beautifully pigmented peachy/coral/salmon shade with a subtle gold micro shimmer. The pigmentation is so rich, a few light brush dips on the powder dome and your cheeks will be popping with vibrant color. The brush that comes with it actually did the job nicely, after spending the time to buff it in properly. Malice is a fabulous Spring/ Summer shade. Looks very healthy and vibrant! My Chanel counter said this is LE, however I think she gave me false info as I thought I read this is perm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by catherinesophia

This is a great blush for me. I have dark curly hair that is short so if frames my face a bit. As a result, I needed a lot more pigment in my blush, because my color palette got a lot darker after cutting my hair and making it go "natural." I use this in combination with Gardenia lipstick, and it gives me a very pretty and bright look. This blush is very pigmented, and a little goes a long way. It also works as an eyeshadow too :)

I am very pleased with this color, but I think you may need to have rather dramatic coloring to pull it off. I am an NW15 with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. This really adds brightness, but it isn't too light to where I look like the easter bunny (pastels do this to me). When my hair was straight and lighter, I used Rose Petale blush and that was my HG for many years. My old blush no longer worked for me when I changed my hair (it barely showed up on my skin at all). My old makeup was also just too harsh for my new soft curly hair :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG, If you havent tried it, you have to..It make me glow like no other and it has a very very subtle shimmer. It is the deepest of the 3 new shades for Chanel this season.. Like a coral deep pinky color is how I would describe it. I am MAC NW45/Nars Cadiz for reference and it looks amazing and suble and it is soft, blendable, and buildable!