November 24, 2014 | 1148 users online

BB Cream - Skinfood - Platinum Grape Cell Essential BB Cream SPF45 PA+++

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lisenotlisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have clear, acne-free skin that is neither oily nor dry. It's pretty good skin on the whole, so I only need some light coverage to even out the skin tone and neutralise the redness around my nose and mouth, and minimize the few broken capillaries on my cheek.

This BB cream was a huge disappointment on that front. It was thick and, though still fairly easy to blend, felt like I was spreading gunk on my face. Worse, it actually made my skin look less healthy than normal by highlighting a previously invisible patch of dryness on the side of my nose.

I tried applying it with a sponge and then with my fingers. Applying with my fingers seemed to be slightly better (it sank into my pores a little less), but both methods highlighted the dry patch.

The shade (#1) is a pretty good match for my fair, warm-toned skin (probably NC20-ish in MAC). It has lots of coverage -- actually a bit too much for me. It might be suitable for someone with skin discolorations that need a lot of coverage, but whose skin is otherwise very smooth and will not have its imperfections highlighted.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by BurntOrange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and quickly decided it wasn't for me, but I think it might be a nice product for some people.

Pros:
- Goes on really easily, blends well and feels comfortable
- Was a little ashen at first, but adjusted after a short time to a reasonable match (I got the No.1 - I am pretty fair but still have a little bit of colour left over from the summer. I think I'm about an NC20)
- dewy, but not too shiny
- no flakiness, even on my drier areas
- I found it's longevity to be reasonable

Cons:
- It sunk into all my pores and accentuated them
- It didn't even out my skin tone very much
- It seemed to also accentuate the one blemish I had on my face at the time. Even though I put concealer on top, it was still very visible even though it wasn't very big

I think this may be more suitable for somebody that has very good, though a tad dry, skin.

My skin isn't even that bad, but it did seem to accentuate the bad spots (pores, minor blemishes). It was, however, good on drier areas.

Do try a sample first!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

Just returned from Korea where I discovered this great brand.
I have been using bobbi brown bb (bbbb) cream for over a year and whilst I really like it, this Skinfood BB cream is possibly even better. I am a Fair or Medium in bbbb and use the No 2 in skinfood. Skinfood is better coverage with similar oil control. Packaging is elegant and hygenic. About half price (21 USD vs 41 USD) and a little bit more product (45g vs 40 g). 2 pumps of skinfood does me (its about half of what I use with bbbb).
Only neg is if you don't fit into the No1 or No 2 colour range. bbbb has more shades available.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sydore

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just received this product yesterday so the review is premature, hence the 4 instead of 5 lippies. However, this is by far the best BB cream I have tried. I have the #2 beige, the "darker" choice that could be even darker, but I am so grateful for the SPF45, I can live happily with the very slightly light tone. It is not grey, and it does seem to adjust to your skin tone. The coverage is by far the best of those BB creams I have tried: I apply it with a sponge which evens my skin and makes it glow. It is neither shiny nor mat, nor even very dewy. Just natural but better. I do not feel that constant dampness when I touch my face, and to put it bluntly, I am seriously improved while still looking "natural"!

I will update the review after I have given the product a reasonable period of use to see if there are hidden problems that crop up, but so far, I really am happily surprised.
And the packaging is elegant.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Pros: VERY high spf!!! Nice fragrance.
Cons: Faaaaar too pale. Texture very thick and continued to thicken the longer it was on. It settled in and accentuated pores and lines immediately and caused and accentuated flakiness the longer it was on. It didn't feel comfortable at all on my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!
Coverage is very good (full coverage) with minimum amount of product. This did not feel slimy or thick on my combination skin (oily T-Zone), scent is nice & light. Staying power for me was excellent.
This doesn't have a very heavy grey undertone compared to my Skin79 Gold BB cream.
Definitely a repurchase for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by PinkSoldier2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The coverage is great I love the scent and I love the packaging!! Skin Food is now one of my favorite brands. I had a good experience with this bb cream. I have combination skin so a little bit of powder is always good for touch ups but that doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I got this as a sample packet with a Skin Food purchase, so I can't say much for the packaging since I have never owned the can/tube. I can however review the product itself, which as far as basic BB cream functionality goes, this BB cream is pretty standard despite "platinum" in the name.
The lasting power was pretty good, at about 5 to 6 hours before it starts to slide around a bit (likewise, the oil control is good until that many hours of wear). The formula is cream-based like most of the other BB creams on the market, though for some reason this felt a little heavier than their Good Afternoon line of BB creams even after spreading it over the face evenly, so this may not be a BB cream of choice especially for those with oilier skin types. The coverage however, is excellent for a BB cream; minimal application yields about a medium coverage, and maybe a dot or two more is good for covering up deeper blemishes. But use sparingly, since throughout the day this just feels heavier and heavier.
The shade I sampled was No.1 Light Beige. This BB cream comes in No.2 Natural Beige as well, as do most BB creams. Although No.1 did even out my skin tone and provided excellent coverage for my pinkish blemishes, I feel that overall the shade may have made me look a little too white, and I am more of a light-medium. So No.2 may have been a better choice. This does not have a gray cast.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No