September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - Genifique Soleil SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Jstar2009

This is a very nice sunscreen for everyday use. The sunscreen actives are the same found in the standard La Roche Posay sunscreen: Tinosorb S, Avobenzone stabilized with Octocrylene, plus Mexoryl SX/XL. It offers fantastic protection and it is cosmetically elegant. Although this contains alcohol denatured it is very moisturizing and would be great for dry skin (I’m not sure this would be a good choice for oiler skin types). The only let down this spf has is the lack of any expiry date printed on the bottle or outer packaging. Given that sunscreen is such an important part of anti-aging I’m not comfortable using a product that could have been sitting on the shelf for two years.... and neither should you! I want to know that my spf is active, fresh and doing its job.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First i like the packaging which is with a pump so the formula is never in contact with air or anything else. The cream is white, a bit greasy, dries to a satin finish, it leaves a slight white cast but nothing terrible. I wouldn't use this on very hot and humid days as it is a bit greasy (but moisturising) i'd rather keep this sunscreen for sunny winter days! I own this in spf 50 and it provides excellent protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by myj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best sunscreen product that I've ever used. I have recently tried and tested; Clinique sun spf 40, Biotherm sun vivo spf 50, Elisabeth Arden eight hour sun spf 50, All the La Roche Posay 50 product line, All the products in the Bioderma spf 50 line....
Out of all these, this in spf 50 is the only one that feels comfortable enough on the skin and is without question the most cosmetically elegant. There is no greasy or whiteish finish, and it's quite hydrating. Makeup goes on well over it. I also purchased the body version spf 30 and it's equally comfortable to wear on the skin. Needless to say, I highly recommend, especially considering the poor alternatives on the market, making it worth it's hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by cleopatra44

This is an excellent product. No white cast. No breakouts on my combination skin and better still, no sunburn or tan. I really cannot praise this enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

This stuff is great for my combination skin - normal cheeks, oil-prone T-zone. I like to use an SPF 30 product all year round as my skin is pretty light (NC 20) and tends to burn before tanning. Like a lot of people, I worry about facial sunscreens being a necessary evil - in exchange for protection and peace of mind, having to sacrifice comfort and appearance. But this product, a fairly lightweight white lotion, delivers a minimal white cast, blending in really well with my skin. It is slightly more moisturising than my old favourite (the disco'ed ultra-matte EL Daywear Plus SPF 30), but it is certainly not greasy. I find that it works well as a base under makeup - I've worn it under a range of cream foundations, creams to powders, and liquids. I've worn it with mousses like Maybelline's Dream Matte, and with longwearing foundations like EL Doublewear. (I apply two pumps to cover my face, wait for about 10 minutes, blot then apply my foundation.) I find I need to blot slightly more often during the day than I did with my old Estee Lauder sunscreen, but I'm not oily to the extent that I need to use powders or mattifiers on my skin. (Just a single ply of tissue every 2 or 3 hours does the trick.) In fact, the slightly more moisturising properties of this sunscreen actually seem to give longwearing foundations a bit of a lift, stopping them from looking flat or masky. For example, I can apply Doublewear or Colorstay on top and have absolutely no need to faff around with highlighters to bring a bit of life and dimension to my face. I apply my makeup at about 7am and, provided I've blotted every few hours, I'm largely fresh and streak free 10 hours later. Admittedly my skin does not get to see much sun anyway - due to the fact of living in a particularly rainy part of the UK and because my work keeps me indoors between 8am and 5pm each day - however I've not experienced any reddening of my light skin since I've been wearing this product (approximately 1 year.) It retails for about 23 at Boots in the UK and I'd gladly repurchase.