March 2, 2015 | 1197 users online

Masks - Freeman - Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2015 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Peg66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used the dead sea Minerals anti stress mask. As others have mentioned I love the bright blue color. "Smurf" blue really does describe it. It has a pleasant color and scent.
The scent is a fresh smelling and refreshing aroma and not overbearing either.
I left it on for the recommended 10-15 minutes to allow it to fully dry.
I spread a semi thin layer on. Once it was dry I used a wet paper towel to initially remove and then rinsed with water. I could see the advantage to using this mask just before showering as the shower would be a good way to rinse it off.
It felt very cooling and comforting going on. I had no irritation at all from it but instead a soothing and cooling feeling.
Once I rinsed it off completely and pat dried the skin, my skin feels extremely soft and smooth. It is definitely noticeably cleaner, softer and smoother after the mas, Pores also appear to have shrunk and be minimal. It also seems to have reduced the surface oiliness of my skin, but at the same time did not over dry it.
You sure cannot beat the price of this mask, especially when comparing with some others.
I will more than likely use the mask about once a week.
I like to rotate between this clay mask and the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. They are similar since they are both basically clay masks but I think the dead sea mask is a bit more calming and skin feels a bit softer with this one. The Mint Julep feels like it is a deeper clean and this one feels though it does deep clean it seems to have more of a surface polishing type of effect on the skin.
It is cool, comforting and refreshing and skin does feel great in that it rids that surface oiliness, no dryness, no irritation and a very soft and smooth feel with reduced pores.
All of that being said I have to give the mask a very good review and will continue to use the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2015 9:38:00 AM More reviews by brierra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the Clay & Avocado mask from Freeman's, so I thought I would try this one out, too. This product does contain clay, so it gives that nice pore-shrinking, acne-drying effect that the Clay/Avocado one does. I like using it about once a week to refresh my skin. I do notice a reduction in redness and pores after using this, and my skin feels so, so soft. My cons for this product are 1. the smell is really strong. When I first used it, it actually made my eyes water. 2. The coloring. The bright blue is quite pretty, but I find it sometimes stains my skin, especially on dry spot or acne scabs. I will finish the bottle, but then probably return to my old faithful Clay/Avocado mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kthen305

I love this mask so much. I use it two or three times a week and it works wonders for my skin. I always use natural homemade masks for my skin because I have sensitive acne-prone skin and artificial masks breaks me out. But this amazing piece of gem made my skin so much better.

Pros:
1) Affordable
2) Cleanses pores.
3) It will work wonders for your acne.
4) It will get rid of redness.
5) It will make your skin smoother.
6) It will not irritate your skin.
7) It won't break you out.
8) The light blue color of this mask is pleasant to look at.
9) It blends easily. You only need a pea drop amount.
10) It brightens the skin tone.
11) The fragrance is very relaxing.

Cons:
1) The fragrance might be irritating for some people.
2) It dries out pretty quickly. Not the best choice for people with extremely dry skin.
Although my skin is very dry as well. I just apply moisturizer after I wash it off.

I apply this mask after I wash off heavy make up from skin. It made my skin so much better. It cleanses the pores deeply and gets rid off all the makeup residue, dirt, blackheads, etc.
I will definitely recommend this mask to everyone. Especially to those of you with acne-prone, sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2015 4:46:00 AM More reviews by sunstar93

I have tried a few of the Freeman masks- charcoal/black sugar and pineapple enzyme are my favorites- but this isn't one I will be purchasing again. I'm sure for others it works really well, but for me, I didn't notice it doing anything for my skin (fair, oily/combo, acne prone). Two things I do like are the bright blue color and fresh "clean" salty scent (and of course I love the fact that Freeman doesn't test on animals) but otherwise, I'm sad to say I saw no benefits from using it. It does feel cool to the skin when you apply it, a thick creamy non-messy mask, and if nothing else it's relaxing (at least to me LOL). But I wish I could have seen some of the results other users have experienced. Will finish this bottle but will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think this product is just so/so and would not repurchase it. I don't feel as though it really does anything. It's just a face mask to wear for 10 minutes and then wash off. It goes on very stress free, however, is not gloppy or sticky in the slightest and rinses off just as easily as it is applied.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by cj917

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I've tried other Dead Sea products and loved them. This mask is ok, but let's be honest, we're attracted to it because it's cheap! This is no miracle worker- at least not on me. It has a nice smell and a pretty color but doesn't do much for my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I decided to try this because I love the freeman avacado clay mask and the charcoal one. Its affordable so I figured lets give it a shot. This was a big mistake. I am acne prone well more like clog prone I would say because after using the dead sea mask I broke out in ten huge super painful cystic like pimples which I have never had before in my life. It really hurt and was really ugly. Sensitive girls beware! I would not recommend this product at all. I sometimes get stinging from products but I have never had a super skin freakout breakout from a product until I tried this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to love this mask. It seems my skin must have changed, however, because after I used this tonight, my skin started burning within 3 minutes of washing it off. My skin has been burning and red for 30 minutes total now. I will never touch another Freeman Beauty product again, as I had a very similar experience a little while ago with the Avocado & Oatmeal mask. Time to get rid of my masks.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lucybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very non-sensitive skin & usually don't react to any product, but this was very harsh & drying to me. My skin hurt after I washed it off & was pretty blotchy. Perhaps I didn't really need it the day I tried it out. Maybe it will work better for me in summer when my skin is oilier & I get breakouts. I might also try it as a spot treatment on blemishes.

Other than the temporary blotchiness, it didn't cause any lasting problems with my skin. I felt much better after I moisturized.

Smells nice & has a nice texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by atkluna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like to use this mask whenever my pores feel clogged from dirt, oil, or I've just been wearing makeup almost everyday. The mask itself is a creamy consistency and a pretty blue color with a nice smell. It's not a strong smell- simply enjoyable. I wash my face and apply this all over my face and let it dry- this usually takes about 15-20 minutes for me. Then i hop into the shower to wash it away and continue with my regular shower routine. I prefer removing mud or clay masks because that way i actually get all of it off and I'm the worst when it comes to washing off masks haha

The result? My skin feel so CLEAN. The mask doesn't dry out my skin and I really feel like my skincare products are more effective afterwards. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out more than I usually do. It's just wonderful to keep on hand. I use this about once or twice a week, and I really feel a difference when I don't use it after a few weeks of skipping it out. It's a necessity in my routine!