Freeman Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water ( Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Sea Salt, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Montmorillonite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1.

on 8/28/2015 4:00:00 AM

First off, this mask smells aammaaazziinggggg. The color is cool too, its like, super bright blue. Kinda smurfy.
I find it tends to dry out my face a little. I also found its best if you put it on right after showering or after washing you're face with warm water to open your pores. I usually exfoliate with my St. Ive's scrub, rinse in hot water, and then apply the mask and leave it for about 15 minutes. I have to use moisturizer afterwards but thats okay. It doesn't do much for my skin besides leave it soft and smelling nice but I really like it anyway. So if you want a kind of spa mask, this is the one. If you're looking for results of some sort, this probably isn't the one.

on 8/19/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my staples from Freeman. I'm always trying one of their masks but this one mask that I always have on hand. I've been through two tubes of this mask already! It cost me $4.99CDN at Wal-Mart and the tube is quite large and lasts me around six months to a year even with weekly use.

This is a really lovely face mask-y, mask. It's got this beautiful bright blue colour (that stains my towels) and has this amazing lavender and orange smell. This mask has never burned my face (which cannot be said about many clay masks *I'm looking at you, Montagne Jeunesse*) but if I get it too close to my eyes it makes my eyes water.

This mask makes my skin so touchably soft and removes any excess oil. This face mask keeps my skin in check. I noticed that if I stopped using this face mask, within a month I was experiencing breakouts. This mask just resets my combination skin and keeps it clear.

I'll repurchase this mask as long as Freeman makes it!

on 8/16/2015 4:46:00 PM

This mask is AMAZING and it smells incredible! I open up my pores by applying a warm wet towel on my face for about a minute. Then, I put on a layer of this mask. It's cooling on the face and I know to take it off once it dries. It has cleared up my skin and I am so grateful! I bought it for $2.42 at Winco and they have several different types. I also own the Avocado and Oatmeal clay mask as well as the peel off masks in orange and one with pomegranate. It does the job well and I use it 2-3 times a week!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Another review on this product said it best, "It's so face mask-y". This is precisely the reason I enjoy this product too! Lately most of the face masks I have been using hardly qualify as masks, but I'd sooner classify them as treatments. For me, a true face mask involves applying a layer, letting it dry, waiting about 15 minutes or so, and rinsing off. Not a weekly scrub type product that replaces my facial cleanser. In addition to the face mask novelty aspect, this product truly leaves my skin feeling extra, extra deep clean! It gives me that Noxzema menthol type tingly feeling. It unclogs pores effectively. This is the first Freeman mask I have tried, which I now feel like I fool for admitting. A 6 oz. tube of this costs less than $5. A 1.7 oz. jar of Glam Glow costs $69 (possibly one of the most overrated line of products out there). There are quite a few Freeman masks to choose from; this particular one is probably best suited to oily skin types/acne prone. It can be a bit drying (hence the sea salt), so if you are already on the dry side, I'd try a different variation of these masks such as Avocado & Oatmeal or Pineapple Enzyme. I would also recommend using this before taking a shower or something since it is blue in color and can be a little tedious washing off. I usually take a damp wash cloth to wash it off (it will stain) and then hop in the shower since surely I'll have missed a spot around my hairline, etc. I don't think all Freeman masks are this blue color, so if this is something that you know will bother you I would recommend trying a different product from the Freeman line. Overall, this is a great product and I highly recommend to this who have oily/acne prone skin!

on 5/25/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I grabbed this on a whim because Walgreen's was out of my precious Mint Julep mask and I was pleasantly surprised by it! It made the pores on my nose appear smaller and unlike the Julep mask brightened my face. I will be repurchasing this product when I finish my current tube!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I haven't used a lot of masks, and the ones I have used have been mostly Freeman's. But I like this one. The smurfish color appeals to me. It's so face mask-y. Although I'm sensitive to fragrance this mask's is not incredibly offensive to my senses. It's kinda salty, like in a seashore sort of way. I actually kinda like it. I have very oily and sensitive skin and I think it helps control my oil. It also hasn't given my skin any really awful reactions. No redness short of the usual post-face touching/rubbing because it leaves my face soft. I've used it as a spot treatment on cystic acne and before I wash it off, I can feel the pain and swelling reduce. It won't get rid of it, but what relief it gives me is much appreciated.

Once a week or so I apply it via foundation brush, wait until it's almost completely dry, and then shower as usual. Works like a charm.

One thing I don't like involves the sample sized packaging. I like that it gives me three or four applications, but the foil is 1) hard to open and 2) I have to fold it well so that I don't dry out the remaining clay. It gets very dirty, yiuck. I would prefer a full sized tube for economic and cleanliness reasons, but my local Walmart does not carry it (and the CVS near my school has had the full size out of stock for a good while).

I like this mask I use it when I do a facial at home. it's very relaxing I got it for when I am stressed and that makes me break out. I like sea minerals and my face feels soft and brightened after using this. my boyfriend also uses this. it definitely improves our skin.

on 3/28/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I tried this product on a whim. My experiences with Freeman have been pretty hit or miss. I applied a thick layer of this mask on my face and waited for it to dry. It has a thick consistency and a heavy, artificial, perfume-y scent. About 5 minutes into the drying process, my face started to itch. When I washed it off, I noticed how red and inflamed my face was. The next day my face was broken out. My skin did not like this product and I don't recommend it for sensitive skin.

on 3/19/2015 1:32:00 PM

I have combinatiom skin with open pores on the cheeks. I've benn breaking out on my left cheek lately, which left blemishes. i started using this in conjunction with the cucumber peel off mask. The results are WOW. After i wash my face i can actually feel the pores have been cleansed and any stubborn blackheads become easier to remove. Surprisingly I've stopped breaking out & the blemishes have started fading out. Highly recommend this product.
Currently I'm using it upto 3 times per week.

on 3/2/2015 8:30:00 PM

I received a sample size of this mask in a bonus bag, I'd been sick and my skin felt oily, so after a quick wash. I applied this mask all over my face and neck as instructed.
I left it on until it was nearly dry, maybe 15 - 20 minutes. Was that too long? After I had used the product, the bag was mucky and bent, so I couldn't see the directions anymore.
It was thick and a beautiful shade of blue - maybe the color is where the de-stressing part comes in.
When I rinsed/wiped it off, yikes! I had applied a nice layer, so it took some wiping with warm water and a cloth to gently remove all the blue gunk. I looked at myself, and nearly died! My ENTIRE face and neck were lobster red, itchy, dry, and felt like there was grains of sand (salt maybe?) all over it. I moisturized with my regular Olay lotion, and still felt dry. I put some FCS whipped body cream on, and that made my skin feel less dry, but still HOT.
I'm stressed over this, and my face is still oily and covered in impurities. Not for me, no thanks.

Popular Masks