Kanebo KATE Mineral Cover BB Gel Cream SPF30 PA++

Since my normal BB cream (Missha M Signature Real) was not available in my country for a while I decided to try this out. I had it in OC-D and I really liked it. The colour was a perfect match for me, it felt lightweight and the coverage was medium. It also had a natural finish once applied. Also, I have got oily skin and because of the fact that's its a gel BB cream I had no issues with it looking shiny after a few hours.

The problem is in my country this version has been discontinued. It's been replaced with a new one called the Mineral Mask BB Cream. That one felt oily but the finish was ok so I continued to use it. Bad idea! The Mineral Mask BB Cream broke me out terribly!

Needless to say I am very disappointed that they changed the formula and will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go-to BB cream, my HG! The colour OC-D (the darkest tone avail) was still slightly too bright for my skin but after a few minutes of oxidising, the coverage was seamless and natural. I do need to have a dusting of powder over it to 'set' it in properly and a concealer to cover up my really dark spots. But with my super oily face and the humid Asian weather, light blotting and touching up with my compact in the middle of the day, I found this product to be able to stay through the day.

I have repurchased this product numerous times despite the steep price simply because it works! It may not be perfect but it was the least oily BB cream I have found and has not caused a lot of problems for my acne-prone skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On my third tube now, OC-C. Did not break me out despite being sensitive to silicones. I have redness due to rosacea on my skin. It does not cover the redness completely, but it's significantly toned down. I use Real techniques buffing brush to apply and secret camouflage SC3 to conceal. I have oily skin and within a few hours my skin gets shiny but i am able to blot with tissue and the bb cream is able to last the whole day on me.

This is the only BB cream/foundation that doesn't make my face look cakey or powdery because my skin tone is very uneven caused by tinea versicolor. I really love this and OC-D suits my skin just well. It makes my skin screams skin and not makeup. A little bit goes a long way.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wanted to love this BB Cream so much. I have medium/fair skin and bought the OC-D colour, which matched my skin perfectly! At first everything seemed great: the texture of the product was fantastic, it covered well without looking makeup-y, it left my skin dewy and healthy-looking.
...Then a week went by and it gave me the worst cycstic acne I have had in YEARS. I went back to my Missha BB Cream, regardless of the fact that it makes my skin a little ashen. At least it didn't make my skin have giant lumps.
This may work well for you, if you are not acne-prone (which I am!).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i'm on my 3rd tube now. i really love this. its the only asian bbcream that matches my skintone perfectly. i dont need concealer anymore, it gives enough coverage for black acne spots all over my face. i wish i didnt need to put setting powder, but the oil control is kinda sucks. but other than that, i fully recommend this to all.. it glides smoothly on application and has dewy finish that makes my skin looks ohhhh so good.

This BB cream causes few cystic acne after each use. And foundations hardly broke me out. This is the first. Its a pity though as the shades suits Asian skintone. Oil control is average. I do get oily by midday. I threw this away after few weeks of use after I'm certain this was causing the breakout.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shades Comparison Reference:
OC-B - n/a
OC-C - NC20, NC-25
OC-D* - NC25, NC30

(All based on other people's reviews)

* Reviews have found the shade suitable to those who fit the follow BB cream shades: Hadalabo BB Moist Cream #2 & Missha Perfect Cover #23

- - -

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

I really wanted to love this product since everyone is raving about it's moisturizing power (with its Hyaluronic Acid) but the fact is I'm too scared to use this product more than once due to it's high levels of silicone.

PRO:
- seriously dense medium coverage (bye bye acne marks)
- didn't sink into fine lines nor accentuate pores
- if not for the silicone, the ingredients list is half bad as it contains a few face oils along with glycerin for moisture

SILICONE:
2nd ingredients on the list is Cyclomethicone. 9 PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone & 2 more at 11 13.

(source: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_ea7882426.html)

No go.

This leaves me sticky as hell! I mix this with other foundations and it gives me a nice finish. It's very concentrated and I found it to be way too much in the sticky factor. I would say the Ettusias BB cream is much better. Its nice to mix with other watery low coverage BB creams. I love the make up BB base in the same line, the one in the white tube, that is much better than this since it gives a smooth finish without tackiness and has a hint of tint and really does make the foundation last all day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG material! I have tried a lot of Korean BB creams and most of them made me look like an extra in Walking Dead. This is my 2nd Japanese BB (after Nanoce) and this is really good. I use ochre D, which is their darkest. I am quite tanned, maybe NC35 or more. But this did not make me look ghastly or fake. After moisturizer and sunblock, I take a small amount and apply it using light patting motions. I think this method of application is better than rubbing in the cream because it will streak and cause uneven coverage. After BB cream, i set it with Lunasol loose powder. After 7 hours, I still have not oiled and my skin still looks fresh. I love this so much and will def buy again ^_^