April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

BB Cream - Kanebo - KATE Mineral Cover BB Gel Cream SPF30 PA++

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ishkae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this BB Cream so much. I have medium/fair skin and bought the OC-D colour, which matched my skin perfectly! At first everything seemed great: the texture of the product was fantastic, it covered well without looking makeup-y, it left my skin dewy and healthy-looking.
...Then a week went by and it gave me the worst cycstic acne I have had in YEARS. I went back to my Missha BB Cream, regardless of the fact that it makes my skin a little ashen. At least it didn't make my skin have giant lumps.
This may work well for you, if you are not acne-prone (which I am!).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i'm on my 3rd tube now. i really love this. its the only asian bbcream that matches my skintone perfectly. i dont need concealer anymore, it gives enough coverage for black acne spots all over my face. i wish i didnt need to put setting powder, but the oil control is kinda sucks. but other than that, i fully recommend this to all.. it glides smoothly on application and has dewy finish that makes my skin looks ohhhh so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Caratsoup

This BB cream causes few cystic acne after each use. And foundations hardly broke me out. This is the first. Its a pity though as the shades suits Asian skintone. Oil control is average. I do get oily by midday. I threw this away after few weeks of use after I'm certain this was causing the breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Shades Comparison Reference:
OC-B - n/a
OC-C - NC20, NC-25
OC-D* - NC25, NC30

(All based on other people's reviews)

* Reviews have found the shade suitable to those who fit the follow BB cream shades: Hadalabo BB Moist Cream #2 & Missha Perfect Cover #23

- - -

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

I really wanted to love this product since everyone is raving about it's moisturizing power (with its Hyaluronic Acid) but the fact is I'm too scared to use this product more than once due to it's high levels of silicone.

PRO:
- seriously dense medium coverage (bye bye acne marks)
- didn't sink into fine lines nor accentuate pores
- if not for the silicone, the ingredients list is half bad as it contains a few face oils along with glycerin for moisture

SILICONE:
2nd ingredients on the list is Cyclomethicone. 9 PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone & 2 more at 11 13.

(source: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_ea7882426.html)

No go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This leaves me sticky as hell! I mix this with other foundations and it gives me a nice finish. It's very concentrated and I found it to be way too much in the sticky factor. I would say the Ettusias BB cream is much better. Its nice to mix with other watery low coverage BB creams. I love the make up BB base in the same line, the one in the white tube, that is much better than this since it gives a smooth finish without tackiness and has a hint of tint and really does make the foundation last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkminnow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG material! I have tried a lot of Korean BB creams and most of them made me look like an extra in Walking Dead. This is my 2nd Japanese BB (after Nanoce) and this is really good. I use ochre D, which is their darkest. I am quite tanned, maybe NC35 or more. But this did not make me look ghastly or fake. After moisturizer and sunblock, I take a small amount and apply it using light patting motions. I think this method of application is better than rubbing in the cream because it will streak and cause uneven coverage. After BB cream, i set it with Lunasol loose powder. After 7 hours, I still have not oiled and my skin still looks fresh. I love this so much and will def buy again ^_^

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by taliaseki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

i have this one in b shade which is lightest. my skin is light but this was too light for me. it is sheer so being a bit lighter would not be a problem but this is whitish and makes me look ghosthish. maybe it is designed to cover yellow tones and i am too pinkish for it. any way
pros
light and sheer, not oily and did not break my acne prone skin.
has a good spf
cons
does not have much coverage
staying powder is almost zero. does not stick to your skin. i can hardly keep it on my nose.
does no help to cover or calm redness on my skin which was my main issue. i can say garnier bb cream is much better than it in terms of calming redness and having an even skin tone.
looks cakey with powder on.
i bought it because of good reviews here but totally disappointed. I bought it from ebay as it is not available in my country. I thought item is not popular enough to have fakes around but i may be wrong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first BB Cream. I wasn't sure what to expect, foundation or tinted moisturizer. I see it's both. I have oily acne prone skin and this doesn't bother my skin at all. The coverage is nice and the finish is pretty natural looking. It's slightly orangey, but not terrible. I bought the D shade and it's almost perfect. Maybe I should have gotten the shade lighter. I'm going to try Lumene next, out of curiosity, since it got really good reviews as well.

Edit 5/13/13: I took one lippie off because of the slightly greasy residue left if you don't wash with soap - I like to just wipe my face with warm water when I get home & wash my face later when I shower... It's a pain to have to actually wash it off right when I get home from work.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by mandyfkm

Smooth, with good coverage, and look natural. I had 2 bb creams before, and both were too white/grey. Kate got 3 shades to choose from which is great. The lasting power was fine, not too oily like my previous bb cream. So far it didn't break me out.

EDIT: It's still a bit too oily for my combination skin.... Will get shiny after half a day. Occasionally broke me out. Not too serious though. In general a good BB cream still.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by mayaglover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the best bb cream ever beside brtc, love the coverage, make my skin look flawless. I use oc-c, I thought it would be too white for me but it blend perfectly... next time i'll buy oc-d tone