Koh Gen Do Triple Lighting Foundation

3.6

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Silica, Triisostearin, Nylon-12, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Methicone, Methylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Arginine HCl, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Water, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Lecithin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Glycosphingolipids, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Polianthes Tuberosa Polysaccharide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Retinoate, Polyglutamic Acid, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Geranium Robertianum Extract, Yogurt Filtrate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (+/-) Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77492), Iron Oxides (CI77491), Dimethicone, Acrylates/Tridecyl Acrylate/Triethoxysilylpropyl Methacrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Iron Oxides (CI77499), Aluminum Hydroxide (CI77002).

on 12/7/2014 12:34:00 PM

I've had high hopes that this would become my new HG powder foundation, but it wasn't meant to be. I got this last year in OC-1: The color is actually a good match to my fair, yellow-toned skin, & it went on silky & matte, but after a couple of hours, it just completely disappeared on my skin. Coverage is light-slightly medium, doesn't oxidize & doesn't give a white cast in flash photography. Oil control is very minimal to non-existent. I've had it for more than a year now & haven't hit the pan yet. It is ridiculously expensive so I went back to using my old HG, the ZA 2-way PF.

on 4/20/2014 11:44:00 AM

I have neutral undertones so I have to mix PK-1 and OC-1 to get a good match. I bought this on sale so the price wasn't so horrendus. I put them into one compact (instead of having a useless sponge) and it has worked out well.

I tried using this as a foundation by itself and I don't like it. Not enough coverage and found it to be dry looking. If you have oily skin this might work better for you. I prefer to use this as a setting powder (sparingly). It is VERY finely milled which makes it ideal for setting my concealer without looking cakey. I use PK-1 for setting concealer under the eyes and OC-1 for setting concealer on blemishes.

I found a use for this, but I probably won't buy it again. (Not that I'll run out at the rate I'm using it!)

on 8/11/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is really incredible.
I bought the highly rated La Prairie cellular powder foundation in ivoire last week, which I was shade matched to. While the texture and oil control are amazing, the lightest shade (the only one that I tried) has a pink undertone that made the shade a mistake for my yellow undertoned Asian skin.
I decided to similarly splurge on Koh Gen Do Triple Lighting Foundation in OC-1 (I wear nc15/20). When I put it on with the enclosed latex sponge, for the first time in my life, I couldn't see or tell where I put it on! I have always had an issue finding the right shade, even when I am shade matched by the SA, but I chose this shade myself and it's the best match
I've ever had in terms of choosing a foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly.
I also have a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Love it!
UPDATE: This is very sheer and probably better suited as a pressed powder or a setting powder than as a foundation. It also disappears if you have oily skin.

on 11/25/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing, amazing, amazing powder. Best ever for me. Expensive, but not remotely unhappy with the purchase! Well worth the price over any inexpensive powder that gives me a cakeface look. The shade (OC-1 natural light ochre) is great; my skin is very fair with yellow undertones. As a standalone foundation, it didn't do much as I have some acne and scarring that I need more coverage for. It definitely won't cover acne on its own, I'm afraid. As a finishing powder over my regular True Match liquid foundation, it is amazing. I use the E.L.F. studio flat powder brush for this and it looks flawless. Blemishes disappear, redness is canceled out and as the other reviewer stated, the powder finish is just like natural skin. No cakey matte look, and no fake glittery glow either. It just makes my skin look so much healthier and NO makeup meltdown or fading with it either. It stays in place all day and with very little to no shine. This is a really quality product and I will certainly buy it again, also I hope to try more from this brand. This again is pricey, and as far as packaging, I'm disappointed that the compact is not included with it, but it's definitely worth the buy.

on 4/7/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This foundation powder is very nice. Goes on silky -- not really matte or shiny. Looks natural like skin, only better. On me, it's a medium coverage -- I only gave it four lippies because I needed another product to cover up a blemish -- but that's not really unusual for the foundations I wear. I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out. It's very nice looking, goes on fast, and would be good to carry on a plane since it's not liquid. I wear it alone as foundation and also as a finishing powder over my Bobbi Brown stick foundation.

It's expensive, but worth it.