April 18, 2014 | 1856 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Botanical Effects

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sia2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have almost every skin issue it is possible to have: acne, sensitivity, rosacea, oiliness, and dry flakiness. Prior to using the Botanical Effects cleanser and moisturizer, the only thing I let touch my face was water in the shower. My friend who is a Mary Kay consultant finally persuaded me to start a skin care regimen, so I bought the Botanicals cleanser and moisturizer for dry skin (formula 1). Overall, it keeps my face clear, moist, and less red, but it makes my skin super oily! But I guess that's just what I get for using the dry skin formula when my skin is more on the oily side. So the only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because of the oiliness, but if you have normal skin, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by pinklighter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently tried this skincare regimen at a Mary Kay party and my mom, who is a consultant herself, ordered me the whole deal - cleanser, "refresher" and moisturizer. I love how light and clean the products feel. I'm 22 and the worst of my acne days are over (never had a problem with acne I'm happy to say) but in the past few years I've been slacking with a skincare regimen, and I find myself being excited to use these. I started using them last night and this morning, waking up my skin still felt clean. I went ahead and did the regimen for this morning and my face feels like it took a breath mint or something it just feels wonderful. I'm throwing out all my drugstore cleansers today which just leave my face feeling suffocated. Have yet to see how this does with breakouts, I do get a little blemish now and then from drinking alcohol so hopefully this will take care of that one minor issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Justkeepliving

I got the botanical effects skincare system from a consultant. Due to my acne, she recommended this and promised me that it would help. well....it has definitely not improved my acne, but it does calm down redness and irritation. The facial mask really helps sooth my skin and the cleanser is gentile. i highly recommend this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had the worst luck with Mary Kay face wash and moisturizer. After breaking out in hives from the Time Wise Miracle Set, I decided to try the Botanical Effects line. I started with formula 2 for Normal skin. It made my skin so oily that my hair would stick to my nose during the night. So I switched to formula 3. I then broke out in a rash and itchiness again. I had hoped that maybe a BB cream had given me the rash again, so for a week all I did was wash my face with the Botanical Effects and I put nothing else on it. I still ended up with itchy skin. I am really bummed about this because my friend sells Mary Kay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, eczema prone skin and the botanical effects for dry skin have not caused me any irritation, or breakouts. It's very gentle and appreciate that it doesn't have any fragrance. The cleanser was light in consistency and didn't leave my skin feeling tight afterwards. However, I had a hard time removing all traces of makeup with the cleanser alone. After cleansing I used the toner which was the most gentle toner I have ever used on my skin. It was really refreshing and didn't cause any additional dryness. The lotion was a great consistency for day use but, I did find it to be a little too light for winter and as I overnight moisturizer. The moisturizing facial mask is awesome because of it's versatility and rich texture. It left my skin moisturized when used both as a mask and a scrub. The packaging was your average squeeze tube (I personally favor pumps) and the toner was a spray bottle which gave great control. As with most Mary Kay products, the price is moderate to expensive, about $12-$15 per product. But because it was so gentle and didn't cause any adverse reactions on my skin, I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Music4mdr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years I have struggled with both acne and oily skin even as an adult. And while I was using store bought products in the sensitive skin aisle it wasn't doing anything for me. I was hesitant to use Mary Kay since after experimenting with their other more popular face washes I found that I was allergic to their products and had more breakouts. Finally someone recommended the Botanical Effects line for oily skin and I am in LOVE. After six months of using this product my skin is at a PH balance that keeps my acne and oily skin in check even during my hormonal cycles. I have noticed the expression lines, wrinkles and large pores have shrunk in size as well. And to top it off I am excited for my weekly ritual of masking twice a week. But more importantly it is cheaper than what I was buying at the store because it lasts longer (approximately 2 months). I used to have to hunt stores for my sensitive skin product, but for Mary Kay it is super easy to go online and buy this product and have it delivered to me when I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Goober1997

I am a 14 year old girl who has been struggling with acne since 6th grade. It is very hard because all my friends have baby perfect skin. Obviously almost everyone struggle but mine just got worse and worse and wouldn't go away. I would be products at Walmart and Target thinking I was saving by buying the drugstore products. Nothing worked and I kept buying new bottles and wasting money. Finally i broke down and bought the "expensive" products from Mary Kay which were actually less then what I had been spending at the store.

This product is great. The lotion feels so good and I just feel squeaky clean after I wash. It's been about a week now and almost all my acne is gone, and my skin has evened out, no more annoying and gross red patches! It isn't too harsh and so my skin doesn't react badly but it still gets great results. I would recommend this to anyone! In fact, I am going this afternoon to meet with my Consultant (who is great by the way) about getting tinted moisturizer and mascara I am so happy with this product!

Definitely meet with your consultant (it's free by the way) and find out what she or he would recommend for you, trust me it's worth it, and it's not that pricy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by tlw824

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical of this product because while I've wanted to like other skin care products from MK, they haven't done anything for me. I chose the dry/sensitive formula (dry, somewhat acne prone with rosacea) and within a week, the redness diminished. I wash with the cleanser at night, apply a mild aha (PC's 8%), and finish with the moisturizer. In the morning, I spray the freshener on a cotton pad and wipe my face, following with the moisturizer (apply a sunscreen with my makeup). Every few days, I apply the mask.

Since I started this regimen, I have lessened the use of my Metrocream prescription. I haven't experienced the flares that I used to have when drinking red wine. I still have some hormonal acne, but fighting that without the rosacea flares is much easier.

I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of Hydrate (moisturizer) formula 2 (normal skin) and it seems OK. Medium weight, white creamy-lotion with a bit of a scent to it (I bet there's fragrance in there, so beware if you have sensitivity to that). Meanwhile i was tentative and applied it only to my neck and decollete (too scared to try the face). No break out! Yay! This seems to be an improvement over MKs classic "Balancing" moisturizer which is just "meh". It's $16 for a 3 oz. tube. I won't be buying it though - I like Beauticontrol, Astara and Skinceuticals products much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Tilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am always uneasy when trying a new product on my face. In the last few years, I have had the worst case of adult acne and any little thing can break it out. I use to be a loyal user of Mary Kay Time Wise face wash for combo/oily skin but for the last few months, it has been leaving my face with a stinging irritated feeling. I gave this a shot and I was pleased! I have been using it for a few weeks now and I have to say this may now be my new favorite and fall back item. My skin felt like and smooth, did not leave it red or tight feeling. I WILL NOT SAY it helped clear up my acne because I am currently using a prescribed lotion and medication for my face but it did not irritate the acne that was on my face at the time. I will buy this product again.