December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Botanical Effects

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Nurselily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this line. I use the number 2 cream cleansing and toner. My skin doesn't react to it. ( I'm very sensitive and get reactions often especially with Nivea) leaves my skin soft not dry. I love this so much more than many I have tried including clinique, Estée Lauder, and other professional brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Bbcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 19 years old and I've had skin issues every since I've hit puberty. Now, I've tried everything, from clean and clear to pro active. And nothing seems to really help my skin. My skin is so sensitive, and breaks out for anything. So one day my mom's friend was having a Mary Kay party and the consultant was telling me that that she had skin issue and started using the botanical effect and let me tell you that her skin looked great. So I'm like finally there is hope! So I get the one for normal skin and the cleanser didn't take off no make up, the toner was okay, but the moisturizer made my face feel sticky. And started to get so oily. So I told the consultant that I was having this issue to she sated she would switch it out for formula 2 for the oily skin. My face started to break out even more than it was before starting this product. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Now I'm trying to recover from the horrible break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by batiniidris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry skin. I use Mary Kay Botanical Effect Formula 1 (dry skin) for 6 months. It is very effective and gives my skin clean. After 6 months, I tried a set of anti-aging timewise. It really makes me excited. After a year I decided to become a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant. My advice is to use Mary Kay products you should seek advice from your beauty consultant.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by TheClara

I have combination skin. I normally didn't wash my face because I found that washing it made no difference. However, after my mom bought this product she insisted i try it. It's the formula 2 one. I used it once a day along with the toner and moisturizer. The cleanser never lathered up, and my face never felt any cleaner after I washed it. The toner on the other hand felt refreshing. It seemed to do the real cleaning. The moisturizer seemed to just sit on top of my skin and not really go in. I felt sticky and gross. I found that these products made my face a lot more oily, even in areas that were never previously oily before. Nonetheless, I kept using it to see if maybe my face just needed time to adjust. No such luck. Instead, my face decided to breakout horribly! I don't think I've ever had such a bad breakout. The area between my eyebrows and cheeks are covered in tiny pimples. The same thing happened to my little sister, who had tried the products before me. I have stopped using them in hopes that my face clears up. Please do not use these unless you like oily skin and acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sia2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have almost every skin issue it is possible to have: acne, sensitivity, rosacea, oiliness, and dry flakiness. Prior to using the Botanical Effects cleanser and moisturizer, the only thing I let touch my face was water in the shower. My friend who is a Mary Kay consultant finally persuaded me to start a skin care regimen, so I bought the Botanicals cleanser and moisturizer for dry skin (formula 1). Overall, it keeps my face clear, moist, and less red, but it makes my skin super oily! But I guess that's just what I get for using the dry skin formula when my skin is more on the oily side. So the only reason I can't give it 5 stars is because of the oiliness, but if you have normal skin, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by pinklighter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently tried this skincare regimen at a Mary Kay party and my mom, who is a consultant herself, ordered me the whole deal - cleanser, "refresher" and moisturizer. I love how light and clean the products feel. I'm 22 and the worst of my acne days are over (never had a problem with acne I'm happy to say) but in the past few years I've been slacking with a skincare regimen, and I find myself being excited to use these. I started using them last night and this morning, waking up my skin still felt clean. I went ahead and did the regimen for this morning and my face feels like it took a breath mint or something it just feels wonderful. I'm throwing out all my drugstore cleansers today which just leave my face feeling suffocated. Have yet to see how this does with breakouts, I do get a little blemish now and then from drinking alcohol so hopefully this will take care of that one minor issue.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Justkeepliving

I got the botanical effects skincare system from a consultant. Due to my acne, she recommended this and promised me that it would help. well....it has definitely not improved my acne, but it does calm down redness and irritation. The facial mask really helps sooth my skin and the cleanser is gentile. i highly recommend this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had the worst luck with Mary Kay face wash and moisturizer. After breaking out in hives from the Time Wise Miracle Set, I decided to try the Botanical Effects line. I started with formula 2 for Normal skin. It made my skin so oily that my hair would stick to my nose during the night. So I switched to formula 3. I then broke out in a rash and itchiness again. I had hoped that maybe a BB cream had given me the rash again, so for a week all I did was wash my face with the Botanical Effects and I put nothing else on it. I still ended up with itchy skin. I am really bummed about this because my friend sells Mary Kay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by AidaE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, eczema prone skin and the botanical effects for dry skin have not caused me any irritation, or breakouts. It's very gentle and appreciate that it doesn't have any fragrance. The cleanser was light in consistency and didn't leave my skin feeling tight afterwards. However, I had a hard time removing all traces of makeup with the cleanser alone. After cleansing I used the toner which was the most gentle toner I have ever used on my skin. It was really refreshing and didn't cause any additional dryness. The lotion was a great consistency for day use but, I did find it to be a little too light for winter and as I overnight moisturizer. The moisturizing facial mask is awesome because of it's versatility and rich texture. It left my skin moisturized when used both as a mask and a scrub. The packaging was your average squeeze tube (I personally favor pumps) and the toner was a spray bottle which gave great control. As with most Mary Kay products, the price is moderate to expensive, about $12-$15 per product. But because it was so gentle and didn't cause any adverse reactions on my skin, I would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Music4mdr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years I have struggled with both acne and oily skin even as an adult. And while I was using store bought products in the sensitive skin aisle it wasn't doing anything for me. I was hesitant to use Mary Kay since after experimenting with their other more popular face washes I found that I was allergic to their products and had more breakouts. Finally someone recommended the Botanical Effects line for oily skin and I am in LOVE. After six months of using this product my skin is at a PH balance that keeps my acne and oily skin in check even during my hormonal cycles. I have noticed the expression lines, wrinkles and large pores have shrunk in size as well. And to top it off I am excited for my weekly ritual of masking twice a week. But more importantly it is cheaper than what I was buying at the store because it lasts longer (approximately 2 months). I used to have to hunt stores for my sensitive skin product, but for Mary Kay it is super easy to go online and buy this product and have it delivered to me when I need it.