July 31, 2014 | 1012 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Mineralize Charged Water Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like this for taking off foundation if I have to put on a new "face", without taking off eyeshadow and brows :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i feel stupid for buying this but i used to be such a mac slut so i picked it up. it is nice but waaaay overpriced. i much prefer the nuxe micellar water.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I like this for taking off my makeup prior to cleansing, applied with a cotton pad. This works well and I like how my skin looks slightly brighter after. I do prefer my MAC eye makeup remover over this as it removes stubborn eye make much better. This is classified as a cleanser but i would say its more of a makeup remover or a toner even. This works well for me after cleansing too if i feel my face isn't clean enough after using one of my cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Me being the cosmetics junkie that I am, I bought this even after having already discovered the best cleanser ever for my picky skin: Avene micellar water. I just can't resist trying anything new and sparkly that catches my eye, like a bloody magpie!

Anyway, this stuff is fine. No stinging, removes makeup pretty well although I noticed I had to spend a bit longer than usual on the eye area getting all eyeliner/mascara off. also noticed that there is a very slight 'burning' sensation to it, only lasts a second, not very strong, barely noticeable in fact (definitely not painful or anything), but just enough to lead me to think there might be alcohol in this. Stupidly I discarded the box before reading the ingredient list and I can't find it online either so I have no idea if it does or doesn't contain alcohol.

The smell is lovely, barely there but just an ever so slight hint of some fresh, natural scent. I am currently using this as my only cleanser, then following up with my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and then the MAC Mineralize Charged Water moisturizing gel (which is lovely). However, I do think I will go back to the Avene cleansing water because it's A) WAAAAAY cheaper, B) seemingly a little more gentle and C) slightly more effective. The only area where MAC has the edge is in the fancier looking packaging and the nicer smell, but to be honest my skin doesn't care about that so neither should I.

Update 9 April 2012: I think this is slightly drying. My face has been feeling a little tight the last few days. Gonna go back to my trusted Avene micellar lotion.

Update 11 June 2012: Hm. Used up my Avene one and have been using MAC again now (just to use it up) for the past 2 weeks or so... and I have to say this grew on me. My skin looks extremely clear and I find that it's not actually stripping my skin like I previously thought. I feel like it cleans just a little bit better than my Avene micellar water, even. However, since Avene is much cheaper, I'm not 100% sure if I'd shell out for this again. But I think I might since my skin is looking amazing, maybe due to the tiny bit of salicylic acid this stuff has.

I actually think from now on, if I can afford it, I am sticking to MAC and Estee Lauder products on my face :D... neither have ever let me down.