December 19, 2014 | 1499 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge in Love - Violette Coquette 381B

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

Beautiful, cool, deep & rich, blue based, violet/purple colour. It looks great with my fair, olive complexion. The formula is very moisturizing as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I had to look long and hard for a store in my area who still had this shade, but it was so worth the look! At first I thought, "Oh no, this lipstick does not have that wonderful fragrance that most all of the Lancome lipsticks have." I loved the color so much that I continued to use it. After a few uses the lovely fragrance come through and now it smells like a dream and looks even prettier than the swatch. It is a violet shade for sure but it has a lot of magenta kind of pink with tiny violet sparkles. Well I think it would be called sparkles but it is more of a sheen looking sparkle as there are no flakes at all. It is just the kind of lipstick that everyone is searching for. When the light hits my lips I can see the blues come out with the violet magenta and the sparkle. The sparkle isn't the kind like a disco ball sparkle. It is very upper class. The lipstick itself is so moist and creamy. If feels so luxurious. I want to feel this feeling all day long. This is indeed a luxury lipstick that is worth the price and the splurging on myself. The case is a heavy chrome kind of metal and it is sort of unusual, but I like it very much. I think this is worthy of a backup before it is unattainable to find. I am thinking of trying one more color when I can find it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by shellbelle123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color, long lasting formula, and I agree with the poster who says it works well with Mac's Vino lipliner. A perfect combination. I normally do reds, but this duo pops right off my face and works when I want to do a bit more eye makeup. Not for the faint of heart, but show stopping-feminine .I was looking for something to wear with my Vino liner, and Mac's Diva was too dark for me. I found #381 and fell in love. I don't care if it is Autumn and I "should" be wearing browns instead of pinks, the color can be made plummy-er (?) and intensified with the liner....just sooo pretty! Formula is matte enough to last, without being drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by emfordsvsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this lipstick! As I approached Lancome's new 'Rouge In Love' display, this color jumped out at me. I usually go for matte finishes with more dramatic colors like this, but the finish of this has a sophisticated glistening effect. I'm NW43 and I wear it with M.A.C. Vino as a liner and M.A.C. Magenta on top of that liner and as an entire lip fill. The look lasts all day. After I eat, (carefully, of course) I can just tap a little of the lipstick on and it looks as fresh as when I first applied it. I was looking for a color like this for spring and summer. Never thought I'd find one so beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

According to Lancome's website, these luxury lipsticks are categorized by the following:

*Jolis Matins: Fresh shades for daytime wear. Jolis Matins shades are identified with the letter M in the shade number.

*Boudoir Time: Pop shades for cocktail hour. Bourdoir Time shades are identified with the letter B in the shade number.

*Tonight is My Night: Intense shades for magical nights. Tonight is My Night shades are identified with the letter N in the shade number.

FROM THE TUBE AND WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Lancome's Rouge In Love Lipsticks are amazing! From the tube, 381B appears like a matte lipstick, some with obvious sparkle and others a flat matte. Though it appears matte, it applies with a slight shine. When I looked at the color from the tube, it looked very bold. Although I love my bold lips, this is definitely a color I would not dare try on. But I did and I fell in love and immediately bought two tubes! These lipsticks claim to be 6-hour long wearing. As soon as I got 381B, I tested it out. I ate frozen yogurt and was still in place. Though you do consider eating more carefully than without lipstick I definitely got the full 6 hours of wear with slight fading at the inner part of my bottom lip. In addition, it did not dry out my lips. The next day, I wore it again, this time without eating and it stayed on for the full 6 hours. No fading. No drying. It also leaves a wonderful berry stain once removed.

MY INITIAL REACTION:
On my lips, it's like a very wearable fuchsia. This is the shade I wanted NARS' Funny Face to look like on me. It has visible pink shimmer from the tube, but it does not show up when applied. It's used more to give this lipstick its pink hue. I do advise wearing a lip liner because these will feather. Since I could not find a lip liner to match 381B Make Up For Ever's Lip Line Perfector work best, which is a clear lip liner that can be used with any color.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I have a photo of it against my NC40 skin as well as a swatch on my hand and from the tube. I tried to capture the picture of it from the tube, but I couldn't capture the pink shimmer. You're going to have to see this shade in person. I think this is a beautiful color for the spring with a very light eye and a heavy wing. It definitely brightens up your day!

Would I purchase this again? At $25 USD each, I would definitely fork out the extra cash because these are so pigmented, long lasting, and does not dry my lips out. I also have it in Lasting Kiss 200B (nude pinkish brown), Fiery Attitude 391N (deep berry wine), and Jolie Rosalie 275M (natural mauve)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No