December 19, 2014 | 1113 users online

Blush - MAC - Modern Mandarin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Benyakult

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

in the person it looks more coral than in the package
it has a slight shimmer
I love it. it suits my yellow skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I regret getting this. I rushed the purchase becos its limited edition and loved the name! I know its crazy! This is wayyyy too pigmented for me. Too orangey, too dark and u need to go light -handed (im nc37). Its been sitting on my table for soo long cos i hardly use it. It makes me look so bruised and clownish. Nvr buy on impulse ppl. Think im giving this away..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by albs

I picked this up last year around this time. I normally wouldn't have gravitated toward this because... it's orange. I generally don't consider orange to be overly flattering. One of the MAC sales associates applied it to my cheeks and I loved it, so I picked it up. I think the red undertones make it very wearable. It's very pigmented so I apply very little and blend well. I find that it brightens my face like no other, and has a faint sheen. Looks fantastic with a highlight applied to the cheekbones. It spends a shameful amount of time sitting unloved in my drawer but once I get back into using it I find myself hooked. I like it best in spring/summer, for obvious reasons. If you can get your hands on this, especially if it's repromoted in the future, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good corals and oranges are difficult to find for my skin.

I am an NC40-42 with both gray and yellow undertones. Not really olive, not really tan. Modern manadarin works well for me by day when I wear orange and/or coral clothes. Trying a peach blush with those colors looks somewhat gritty and dirty on my skin, but Modern Mandarin does the trick. I am not sure if this would work as well on skin that is much darker than mine but I suspect medium and olive skin-toned blush lovers would appreciate this in their collections.

Finish: Pretty nice. It is the slightest bit chalky but just a smidge so. The chalkiness tends to disappear if you blend it in a little longer than normal.

Texture: Feels very smooth. Applies very easily.

To date, I've been impressed with how long it lasts although I must confess, the longest I've worn it has been 4.5 hours.

By night, I love this on my cheek with the Extra Dimension Skin Finish in Whipser of Gilt. I was pleasantly surprised to see another reviewer does the same! The two together make the skin glow a soft coral shade. Not really a shimmer, but a seemingly perfect glow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Gosh, this is complete amazing-ness. It's an orange peach with reddish undertones, and I've noticed that the more you blend it into your skin; more of this gorgeous sheen appears. I have a medium olive skin and it really is absolute perfection, but apply it slowly--it's pigmented!

I'm really bummed that it's limited edition, but I've never finished a blush so not too worried I'll ever be without.

It's beautiful with a highlight, and lately I've been pairing this with the MAC Extra Dimension skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt--gorgeous combo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really wonderful, terrific, fantastic youtuber mailed this to me and I received the package yesterday. I've been making videos about drooling over this blush for weeks and I finally got it! Love, love, love. As with all MAC blushes, you only need to TAP your blush brush on it and blend it on the cheeks. Leaves a great flush of color and I'm extremely pleased with this blush! If only MAC products weren't so much damn money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am glad I got my hands on this blush. It's a beauty, for sure. Modern Mandarin is a lovely peach/coral color that applies like a dream. The texture of this blush is so smooth and the pigmentation leaves nothing to be desired. It's simply amazing. With this product, a little bit definitely goes a long way. I applied way too much product one time and I had clown cheeks, LOL!

Overall, this is a beautiful blush and I hope MAC features it again, someday!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. For ref, I'm NC 25-30. I need the tiniest amount for a pretty glow, it's super pigmented for light-medium skin tones. It looks intense in the pan, but with a light hand, looks gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Modern Mandarin was the one blush I knew I HAD to have from the Spring 2012 Tres Cheek collection. I'm really loving corals/tangerines/oranges this season, so when I saw my favorite youtube gurus swatching this bright orange shade, I ran to my nearest MAC store. Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that was the LAST one in the store; mostly all of the shades, except for Pink Tea, were sold out. I'm so glad I managed to get my hands on Modern Mandarin. Anywho! The color in the pan shows up as a BRIGHT, almost scary orange with a red undertone (think MAC's Morange lipstick), but applied lightly (and I stress lightly) to the face it appears as a soft orange shade with a subtle sheen. The sheen is very fine, giving me more of glow from within than disco ball. It's very easy to put way too much of this blush on, so what I do is tap lightly into it with my MAC 129 brush on one side, apply softly to the tops of my cheekbones, then use the other side of the brush to blend in a "figure 8" type motion and sweep it over my apples without adding any more color. Seems to work for me! It last a good 6 hours over a base (I use NYX's creme stick blush in Orchid, a medium peachy-nude shade), but I assume it can perform just as well without a base. MAC's packaging is always sleek and practical...just wish it came with a mirror. I think this particular blush is worth the $20 price tag because it's hard to find a good orange that isn't too garish; Modern Mandarin is wearable and stylish, right on trend with the season. I recommend it highly for those wanting to branch out of their peachy-pink comfort zone (which I'm usually stuck in!) Now I want Immortal Flower and Full of Joy after hearing the rave reviews. Whose leg do I have to hump to get them? LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this - its nicely pigmented, smooth, and blends out nicely. It looks extremely orange in the pan, but applied with a light hand, it gives a lovely light orange glow.