July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Extra-Body Daily Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm older with fine, wavy hair that, as happens over time, got wavier as I got older. This shampoo had a passable honeymoon period for me, with the matching conditioner. And then...the honeymoon was over. My hair managed to be greasy on top yet frizzy at the ends, while also being lank. Reducing the conditioner didn't help at all; shampooing with the greatest of care, the same. For some reason I felt determined to finish the bottle - I'll never do that again. Not recommended! Or at least try a small sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I buy this repeatedly for my 14 yr old daughter. She has a long bob with fine hair, medium thickness. This makes her hair clean and bouncy. She also uses the coordinating conditioner. You can usually find sales on these

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I realize the extra-body line from PM is not for me, I haven't liked any of the products from that line except for the hairspray. I wanted a shampoo that would give me some body at the roots because my hair was falling out for a while from using Pantene shampoo so I thought this would help make my hair look better. My hair has a tendency to be dry so maybe it's partially my fault for using this since volumizing shampoos can be drying but this always makes my hair look like hay! It makes my ends look sooo dry, even with my favorite leave-in. Plus, it really doesn't add much volume to my hair, in fact, it just makes my hair feel a bit coated, not clean. Now that my hair has started to fill in again, I stopped using this since it wasn't making my hair look good anyway. Didn't even finish the bottle. Paul Mitchell's Shampoo One is a good one to try if you are interested in trying another PM shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff and here's why: My hair has thinned considerably after having 2 kids and my beloved stylist recommended this, along with the Thicken Up Styling Liquid (awesome).

This shampoo cleanses my hair thoroughly without leaving it stripped and dry. I have tried the Pantene volumizing line (it strips my hair), the It's a 10 volumizing line (it's too heavy and weighs my hair down), Tresemme Volume Shampoo (also stripping), and I just go back to the PM every time. It has a great smell, does the job, and my hair always looks great. I recently moved to Texas and tried it out on an extra humid day (with the Thicken Up, too), and my hair was as full and great-looking at 5pm as it was at 7:30 that morning. The water in TX is also a little harder than the water in NJ, so I was finding my hair was drying out and I used the PM and it didn't feel as dry. I pair this with the Yes to Carrots Pampering conditioner (in the orange bottle).

This shampoo is a keeper!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cwallace720

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for 2 days and this is what I think so far:

My limp hair is bouncy and shiny.
Not a ton of volume, but enough to lift my roots away from my head a little...I've learned that with my hair, I can't ask for much more lift than that.
It does lather well. Smells fine.

I'm using the conditioner with it. I can tell that my hair will be dry if I use it every day...so I think that every 3rd day or so I will use a conditioner that's a little heavier.

I will add to this review in a few days to see if I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I used this along with the conditioner. It did give me volume, but my hair appeared to be more dry/less shiny. Drugstore hair products have given me more beautiful hair. If you have oily hair and want volume, try this shampoo/conditioner, but I personally would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by mis23marie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in a set with the conditioner, at my local SuperCuts. This is the really large bottle. I love this shampoo, I reach for it the most. A lot of shampoo's leave a residue on your scalp, this doesn't, which I love. It has a nice, clean scent and has great ingredients. I don't know if I see a crazy difference in the volume of my hair, but I like the general effects. I will repurchase once it's empty. Speaking of which, this big bottle has lasted me close to a year, and I generally switch off using 2 or 3 shampoo's.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the 1L size at beauty salon, it was on special, so i thought i should give it a go, I'm so glad i did, it leaves my hair silky soft and extremely shiny with a bit of volume at the roots, i'm really haappy with it, plus it wasn't even extremely expensive!!!

....I truly believe that this shampoo should be alternated with a different shampoo as after a while, it starts to dry out your hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetheartme173

So many people think that the name-brands are the best; however, I see them differently. I did not like this product. Sure it smelt great, but it didn't do the job. Doesn't lather well, which means that it doesn't really clean. Weighed my hair down. Will not be purchasing again. Not worth the money, not worth the time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This came on sale in litre bottles so I've been trying it out for around 6-8 months now. My hair tends towards being dry and is fine, and I wash around 3 times a week.
Have been seriously disappointed with this, it does nothing to add any body at all - I can't believe I was worried that it might make my hair too puffy because it is quite fine! Just does nothing here. It's also a bit drying. I wouldn't say enough to be serious, but enough to leave your hair feeling like straw. To be fair, I haven't used the conditioner with it, but going on the quality of the shampoo I don't think it would have made much difference if I had. It feels very cheap, and smells average. I would not buy this again, and reading some of the other PM product reviews I would probably stay away from their stuff in the future.

EDIT: Gave me dandruff. Far too drying, really awful and hair-destroying