November 26, 2014 | 1240 users online

Loose Powders - Boots - Natural Collection Loose Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Thatgirlemi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot rave enough about this powder. I have it in the translucent shade and find that it gives very minimal coverage when applied with a kabuki brush, which makes my skin look very naturally amazing.

I have very oily skin and this controlls my oil extremely well (on some occasions I do have to top up on my forehead, but when paired with a mattifying primer it seems to do the trick)

The packaging is nothing spectacular, but for the price I wouldn't expect anything better. But I find it very sturdy, and despite traveling quite frequently with it, it hasn't broken yet. Also the fact that it has a screw on lid makes me more confident knowing that I won't find a ton of powder spilled into my makeup bag (which I did find with the Rimmel Stay Matte)

Overall I would highly recommend this to everyone, and for the price, you aren't really breaking the bank by gambling with it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For the price, I think this is a great loose powder. Mine is in Neutral Translucent and it's a fantastic match for my very fair and freckly complexion (think dark blonde hair, blonde eyebrows). Even though I use it numerous times during the week, I can't see myself running out for quite some time. I've gone off wearing liquid foundations so I've just been wearing this powder over my sunscreen. I find the texture to be very smooth and fine and it blends in easily. There's no scent either which is always good. It helps to mattify my oily skin, and it stays matte for a reasonable amount of time. I don't take the pot out with me because that wouldn't be very practical, instead, after blotting I top up with my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and the two of them play well together. Another thing going for it is that it doesn't break me out. For all those reasons I'm giving it a 4 rating, 1 knocked off for uninteresting packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mujipencilcase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the shade, warm translucent. It has no fragrance and it hasn't broken me out in spots whatsoever. The shade is fine, it gives me a hint of warmth to my face and colour to the complexion because the foundation or BB cream takes it right away. What doesn't appeal to me is the packaging, which is commonly used for loose powder but i don't like it because of the mess I make and also it's easy to pick up too much powder; I understand I can tap the brush to remove excess but it creates more mess! Plus, the powder can get into the grooves on the side and so more mess when you screen on the top to take on or off the lid. The second unfavourable aspect is the duration of mattifying my face, compared to the Maybelline matte powder it doesn't work as long. All in all, i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by beccy95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder I have found, despite trying far more expensive ones by Dainty Doll, Maybelline etc. The lightest shade doesn't make me look orange, which is often a problem- even over foundation and concealer. If you use a big, fluffy brush it goes on lovely and matte, and stays on for a decent amount of time considering the price (£1.99!)- not forever though, and you may need to reapply. I haven't found a better one though! The packaging is standard- it isn't very pretty but it does the job, and for the price you can't grumble. Brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

An inexpensive loose powder that gives a matte finish to the skin.
it's around 1.99 or usually on offer at 3 for 5 in BOOTS stores.
I apply it over my mineral foundation and lightly brush it over my face and neck to absorb any excess oil.
i have it in natural translucent and it works a treat on my pale skin, but i believe it could work on darker tones too.
the only criticism i can say is that as the powder is so fine, it often floats around and is easily blown out of the top of the pot.
other than that, it lasts a long time and is better than any other pressed powders i have used!x

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After using many a powder to set my makeup and at least try to hold off my oily t-zone for a few more hours or not make it worse! This has to be the best powder I have used so far.

Asides from MAC Blot Powder Pressed this is my go to powder and it is so dirt cheap currently 1.99 ($3.13 usd) in Boots for 15g of product!

I used to be a Maybelline Dream Matte Powder addict but unfortunately that got discontinued for Fit Me :(

Pros: Amazingly cheap, Lots of product, Keeps my oils at bay slightly longer than other powders

Cons: Looks a horrible colour in the pot I use Neutral Translucent which looks a scary orange colour but thankfully goes on fine, Pot can sometimes get messy, Not as "smooth" as other powders.

If you have tried all other powders don't be scared to try this cheap powder it might just be your HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this loose powder but am almost ashamed to admit it because it's so cheap! I've tried quite a lot of loose powders but this is the one I keep coming back to. I don't have very oily skin so I only wear powder if I'm going on a night out and want my make-up to last all night or if I'm having my photo taken but this stuff is great! It isn't very mattifying but sets my foundation beautifully and a bargain price - I only wish they'd improve the packaging because I think Natural Collection packaging looks very cheap and nasty.