December 22, 2014 | 1056 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Whisper of Gilt

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Lollyfox

Adore it ! Would possibly sell my grandmother for more. I really wish it was ongoing. I'm pale. Nw10 from Mac is still to dark but this still looks great on me and I love it on dark skin tones. Feels amazing to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by samtin4

Awesome Highlighter! Well worth the money, and will definately buy again. It highlights the cheeks and under the brow , like a champ.

It's extremely blendable, and you definately don't need alot., which is awesome because it's pretty pricey, but it will definately last a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by RedandCurly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has recently become one of my staple highlighters. It provides a gorgeous gold glow on the face and looks lovely on fair skin. I do have to apply this lightly, as it can border on metallic frost if overdone.
Overall, this is my new holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

Mac says its a almost liquid formula. I don't find that to be true but it is different than the normal MSF's. This colour is a gold highlight and is perfect for my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by choklad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NGL I bought this because it looked so pretty on the display. However I was pleasantly surprised that it looked amazing on my face too. I use it on my cheekbones & top of my brows to accentuate. Be careful not to overdo it because when it's too much, it'll highlight your pores instead. Otherwise it's very subtle & on bright lights or daylight it's not visible at all. But on dim lighting, it gives a dewy look on my face, making me look like smoother & more-flawless. I am sooo in love with this product! The only downside is the price & reduced quantity - honestly MAC is getting more & more overpriced for the quantity you get!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an over hyped product and I feel very lukewarm about it. I've been looking for a good highlighter. I have mac vanilla pigment which I love as a highlighter but I wanted something pressed-I'm not confident in my ability to press it myself. I got this and found it a little dark and yellow on my skin. Also, the payoff was lacking-it took a lot of layering. I expected it to be much more buttery and smooth but it was a little dry and difficult to get it to show up as a shimmer. I expiremented with a lot of brushes trying to get it right and never quite did. It swatch amazing but when it showed up on my face it looked yellow. I'm sticking to my pigment.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color as the other reviewers have said. I would love to have a back up of this! Alas, i don't but the color is so flattering. I'm a PPP but have also shared this with my best friend who has a very deep skin tone. It looked different on both of us but great. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whisper of Gilt is a pearly champagne metallic highlighting colour which is a limited edition. I fell in love with it instantly when the makeup artist applied it onto my face. It gives a watery creamy kind of effect to my face, especially on my cheeks and the tip of my nose. No white cast, will not become orangey.It makes me look smooth and glowy, but when look closely I can see some chuncks of glitter.The size is also really big, so it's hard to fit into my cosmetic bag (as it doesnt stay all day so I need a bit of retouch - I wonder if any highlighting products really stay all day? Let me know.) But I definitely recommend you to buy it before it's out of stock. Basically I use it just to give myself a more 'wakeup' look and highlight where needed.

However, the powder is not the finest I have encountered, but I would not call it coarse. It does not suit oily skin, as it is very very shimmery and will enlarge pores. If you are looking for something more subtle, this is not for you. I also find it more suitable to be used on bronzed/ tanned skin than on pale skin, because of its metallic natue.

Texture: 4/5
Function: 4/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Pacakaging: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5 25.5 for 7g in Hong Kong
Overall: 4.1/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am soo happy that I ordered this highlighter and it looks fabulous on my skin. I thought it would be too light for my nw45 complexion. I put the new blush on from tres chic in modern mandarin with this highlighter on the apples slightly above and vav va voom the soft subtle glow it created, the light, the pop the wow factor! It isnt warm to me which usually work better on me but it seems that the opposite end of the spectrum look soo much more unique on my coloring. I love the design of the highlighter and just use my MAC 109 brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this highlighter! Color is beautiful and the texture is to die for! So soft and smooth and buttery! I love it as a highlighter and eyeshadow! It definitely is different than MAC's skinfinishes where it is less grainy and works more like a liquid that's quite blendable and last quite a long time. It gives more of a dewy effect than a shimmery look. The staying power is much better than the skinfinishes. Love it and very happy with it. I woul definitely repurchase but given how big it is, I probably wouldn't have to. If you see it at your MAC store, I would pick it up before it's gone! Reference is Asian nc25.