April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Sunscreen - Kiehls - Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After been years looking the best sunscreen without making my face greasy ,finally the waiting is over!Been using it for almost 2 years and I simply cannot live without this!
I have oily-combo skin,and it suits me well,no greasy at all!
I wear it everyday under foundations ,name them: Giorgio Armani,Tarte,Laura mercier and any mineral make up then sometimes when the weather is a little bit humid I layer it with Tarte Primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this sunscreen on and off for about 4 years, and am close to finishing off my second bottle. I guess the most apt description I can give this sunscreen is that it's reliable. I trust the SPF50 PA+++ in this, and the fact that its texture is very creamy, and goes on kind of thick but doesn't necessarily clog your pores. That being said, it does have a shiny finish so it's not ideal for oily/combo skinned girls. I don't think I will be repurchasing because I prefer more matte sunscreens (Clarins UV Plus, Skinceuticals Ultra Facial Defense are good alternatives, these are more like Japanese sunscreens in that it has a thin texture and goes on matte). Oh, and it's not waterproof which makes it kind of annoying during summer when the humidity is high.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

Extraordinarily greasy!!! For those who have oily or acne-prone skin, never ever try this product!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Irenemanalu

Breaksout! Greasy!pricey! Small amount! Oh my lord!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Vatty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product, hate the price... i tried dior sunscreen and now i have to come to this once i've finished the dior sunscreen...

why did i let this product go??

love that its not too thick, much easier to apply

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by originalconfidence

This is so oily and makes my skin greasy. It does whiren your skin though

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by GriseldaHazel

Best sunscreen I ever used. Light weight and oil free. After apply on my skin, it's hydrating and transparent. Love it! On my third bottle now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Verdict: This product causes breakouts on my face.

Firstly, I want to illustrate the pros of using this product:

(1) It doesn't dry out my skin like what Japanese sunscreens can do. However, it also does not add any significant amount of hydration to my skin.
(2) It adds a lovely glow to the complexion.
(3) The packaging is lovely. The design is minimalistic and very functional. Squeeze tubes saves a lot of time in the morning. Also, due to the formula of the sunscreen, I do not need to shake it up like I have to do with Japanese sunscreens.

Now, onto why I do not like it:
(1) It broke me out. Like the previous reviewer, I did not experience any cystic acne but I did have several bumps along my chin and my cheeks. That being said, those bumps were not tiny either - they were huge enough to bother me. Even as I am typing the review now, I am still trying to deal with the bumps this product has left me with. FYI, I live in a tropical country. I guess the creamy texture of this sunscreen does not work well with the perspiration and sebum induced by the hot and humid summer we have here all year round.

Bottom line: I will not repurchase this product because it broke me out. However, I do recommend it to people living in temperate climates or people with dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by qdino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first used this product, it worked really well. For the first 2-3 weeks. I like the smooth texture and the matte finish that it produced. Loved the fragrance too, very light and somewhat floral.

Maybe it helped that when I initially used this, it was a temperate country and during the cool spring months. However, I continued using it when I was back in a tropical climate and it was then that I started breaking out on this product. Not the severe cystic acne type of breakout, but more of little bumps and pustules on my face. I stopped the sunscreen for a few weeks and went back to just using my topical retinoid and desensitizing serum. Immediately the bumps disappeared (like a day or two after). But just a few days back I started using the product again and the verdict is clear: the sunscreen is causing the little bumps on my face.

I wouldn't recommend this for someone with very sensitive skin like mine, which breaks out on most things except the most organic. I was particularly cautious with sunscreens because I know that a lot of them can cause breakouts. Thought Kiehls would do the trick given that it's quite "clinical", but it didn't. Still on the lookout for one that doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this is probably the best ss ive ever used, cant believe that i havent reviewed this baby. im currently on my 3rd bottle, and honestly a little goes a long way. you only need one drop for your whole face and a little bit less for neck et voila, youre good to go out in the sun.
what i love so much is that, its not greasy AT ALL and its absorbed pretty quickly.
however, i only put 4 lippies because of the titanium dioxide, i used to use this under my mufe duo mat, and i always thought why does my face become dull? so i tried not using the ss one day and put on the duo matt, and clearly the ss was the cause for the dull looking.
now, im not saying its a bad ss, im just saying becareful of the makeup u put on top of this (i dont and wont use primer btw so maybe that WOULD have a change).
i think i tried using this under my lunasol gel fndt spf 25 and dior extreme wear fndt spf30(i think), and honestly it didnt change the colour of the fndt.
so i guess, yea becareful of the makeup u put on top of this but hey i love this, id get my 4th bottle :P

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No