April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Amour 166

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I would describe this color as a bright pinkish coral with pink and silver sparkles. I love this color it really brightens up my face. Last for quite a white and feels good on the lips. This is my favorite along with Bagatelle #161. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by marianam14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is the perfect color to wear during the day. Amour is a pink shade discreet enough, but at the same time has sufficient sparkles that full the lips. The sparkles are a feature of chanel glosses therefore I don't recommend them to those who prefer opaque glosses.
This gloss doesn't dry the lips and its texture is slightly sticky.
The tube is simple but elegant and has the chanel logo in golden on the top.
The applicator is soft and precise.
It's my gloss for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!! It doesnt last very long, but its a really nice color and sparkle!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This and Nakkar might be my staples!
I love Chanel Glossier glosses. Most other brands of glosses cause my lips to peel after a day of use (yes, I don't understand why glosses tend to have that effect on me). I have dry lips and lipsticks accentuate all the lines.
Chanel glosses actually keep my lips moisturised and I don't even need a balm beneath it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, Amour is a medium to light coral pink. It's somewhere between sheer and opaque. A very nice color for me.

Finish: In the tube, Amour looks fairly sparkly. The sparkles flash many colors, but mostly pink, green, and silver. On my lips, it has a jelly like appearance, very little shimmer, and barely noticeable sparkles (less noticeable than pretty much any sparkly glossimer I own).

Texture: Like most glossimers, Amour feels comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky. I can only feel the sparkles if I really pay attention... and even then, just barely.

Wear Length: 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average for other glosses of similar texture is around 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Bottom Line: I think I would prefer this shade without any sparkles OR with more sparkles... this in-between area kinda bothers me (which is the reason for the 4 lippies instead of 5). Nevertheless, I love this glossimer and I do not own another glossimer like it (even though I have a very extensive collection). I will repurchase should I ever run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by perfumequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried this in Nordstrom today. Pretty shade, but a lot of sparkle - not just shiny. I have several glossimers but I passed on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Im a big Glossimer fan......own about 15 of them and the more I buy the more I want them due to their stunning colors and the way they wear. Amour is a beautiful sheer neutral pink with tons of sparkles and lots of shine. Chanel makes the most amazing pink shades.
Amour is one of those pinks that will look great on all skin tones. It's one of those glosses that you always go back to due to it's classic shade that will always look fabulous with any makeup look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

This shade is new for Spring 2012 and most likely LE (I don't buy a lot of Chanel makeup so am not sure how long they keep colors). "Amour" is beautiful in ads and in the tube, and it's not bad on you, either, once you can get enough on your lips to achieve the effect. Pink, shimmery, and not anything special. At least the other shade I've tried, Spark, was a gorgeous color and easier to apply. These pink glosses are a dime a dozen - but Chanel is charging $30. Skip this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No