October 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Hair Color - RAW hair dye

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I can't rave about this enough I've tried almost all of their colors and they are so pigmented and lasts forever

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used RAW color hair dye in True Blue. I wanted a royal blue colour on the ends of my hair but the result was a teal which faded into green.
I bleached my hair and the result was a blonde with an orange tinge. Some of the portions of my hair were an ashy blonde. When the colour took it looked more of a green - like a teal. The ashy blonde bits took it up as a darker teal colour. And then it all faded into green. I looked like wicked witch of the west after 4 washes.
They say it lasts 16-32 washes. No, it doesn't. It lasted me about 10 washes - about 6 (2 weeks after) when it really started fading.
One thing I like about this is that even though I bleached my hair, I don't think this damaged it any further. My hair itself looked fine.
I got it from Hot Topic for around $15, which isn't too bad. But the quality of the product sucks for me so I can't see myself forking over that money for this hair dye.
It's easy to use. But I really don't like the bottle because it's difficult using only one hand to squeeze out the dye.
Overall, if you know you're going to like the colour and what it fades into then I recommend getting this. I went from blue to green which isn't what I wanted, but I think a blue to purple might be nice.
P.S. The one thing I like about it is that it smells like synthetic blueberries :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using RAW in Deep Purple as a refresher since having my hair dyed purple professionally (the stylist used Pravana ChromaSilk Vivid in Violet, which doesn't last for crap on my hair for more than a couple days). I find that RAW, being a demi-permanent, lasts for a good month or more before needing to be touched up. It starts out a blackened purple, and then fades to a gorgeous, bright, blue-toned purple. It also doesn't look dingy or dull when it fades like Pravana and Manic Panic tend to. The color actually continues to fade to a very attractive lavender color. (My hair is bleached underneath, as it's naturally quite dark.)
It's pretty easy to use, but the bottle is kind of annoying. I'd prefer a jar so I could spatula out every last bit of the product. Having such a thick dye in a bottle is a bit daft, since you can barely squeeze it out in the first place unless you unscrew the cap. No big deal at first, but once you reach the halfway point, it can be hard to get out. But, thankfully, the packaging doesn't make a mess.
As far as actual usage of the product - I generally dispense half of it into a small plastic bowl (I have short hair - half of the bottle is plenty), mix it a bit to get rid of the clumps, and then apply it with a dye brush. I then leave it on for at least 40 minutes, covering it with plastic and applying low heat periodically throughout the process. I can leave it on longer, since it doesn't actually lift any color from the hair. It only deposits. In any case, I've found this application works wonders, and the results are always gorgeous.
I used sulfate-free soap on my hair (Dr. Bronner's and it's amazing) to wash and a light conditioner, and even with daily washing, I find the color holds fast for a good long time. I do get purple suds, but that's to be expected. The color still lasts on my hair for quite a while.
It also does not damage my fragile hair at all. Maaaaaajor plus.
I'll continue to use this dye as long as I feel the desire to have less conventional colors in my hair.
I don't worry much about the price. I work at Hot Topic and with my discount, it's crazy cheap. And frankly, even at regular price, it still costs the same as Manic Panic or Special Effects, so clearly it's comparable. And there's almost always a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on, so that's a bit economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It doesn't stain, I used twisted teal and crushed grape and they both worked fantastically, it's easy to use, and it doesn't fade quickly. It was very vibrant for at least a month, if not longer. The only downside is the price. It's $12.99-$15 for 4oz. That's quite pricy especially if you have long hair... My hair is below my chest and I would have to use about 3 bottles? But Raw>manic panic. I love the color. I would certainly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DarkViolet001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product plenty of times and each and every time, it worked AMAZINGLY. on my own hair, i have only use Twisted Teal but i have dyed my friend's hair with Twisted Teal, Bright Betty (Red Orange), Deep Purple, Candy Pink, and Ruby Red. they all turned out the color they were supposed to. they all last about 1-3 months before they start to fade. I've never had a bad experience with them. they are great hair dyes and i highly highly recommend them. :)