November 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Heroine

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Bossyespy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick so much. I was so elated when it was added to MAC's permanent collection. Heroine started my love affair with purple lipsticks, it made me try Violetta and Up The Amp which are both great shades :). Up The Amp is more of a lilac shade but still very pretty. Violetta is a closer shade to Heroine but has an Amplified finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by TammyLynn86

Heroine is a bold plum/fuchsia color, that has a matte finish. A lot of lipsticks I have tried that have a matte finish tend to be drying, but that isn't an issue with this lipstick it goes on very creamy and left my lips feeling hydrated. I have fair skin, hazel eyes and blonde hair and I love how this color looks on me. I get so many compliments when I wear this lipstick. I think this color looks great on every skin tone. When this shade first came out it was limited edition, I loved it so much I bought 4 tubes, I'm so happy Mac decided to make this part of their permanent line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Well the lady from last year at the counter who told me I was too old to pull this color off was wrong. I missed out last Fall on this stunner because she said it was too dark for my fair skin and it was more suited for a younger girl. Mind you, I am 40, so I am not sure how young she meant, but whatever.

I went in last week for Up the Amp and the SA said to try Heroine because it was out of stock. I then told her what happened she laughed and said, no, here try it. I did, wow. It was perfect. It's my color. Purples and plums always look great on my skin so I wasn't that shocked but I was concerned about the boldness.

It was NOT too "bold" for someone my age nor was it too young to wear. It's in my top 5 favorites now and I am thankful for this SA for showing me again.

Heroine is a bold purple/plum that is very cool toned. It's about midtone for deepness and I think looks great on so many people. YOUNG OR OLD, lol. It has a matte finish and I didn't feel it was drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful violet lip color I've ever seen. I was originally looking for dubonnet but that mac counter sold out of it at the mall (I got it at another mac counter that same day) and I saw this color on display n decided to try it. This matte finish goes on very smoothly and the color is so pretty my bf compliments it all the time cuz he loves purple. It's the second purple I own. The other one I have is milani violet volt which is kind of a metallic finish but still pretty on the lips. You all should really check those milani lip colors btw they are so beautiful and smell sooooo good! Cheap too! Anyway love this color except the fact that my teeth look slightly yellow with heroine on :/ I drink a lot of soda so that's all me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by CamiLira

I really like this colour when I have just put it on, it's a very intense purple and it match every skintone. But when the time past (about 2 or 3 hours) this has turned pink, like a fucsia tone, not a bad colour or anything like that, it's just that I wish it to stay purple? I don't know, I have this love/hate relationship with this lipstick. But after all it's a good one, it stay on for 6 or more hours and the texture is soft and comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

My new boyfriend!!! I didn't catch it on it's first launch, but since they brought it back! I am absolutely in love! And you must read the definition if you don't know it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Arshon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE AT FIRST! Its a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by flossyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this lipstick! Normally I wear neutral colours but I saw this and just had to buy it, and I am so glad I did! I love how you can build on the colour if you want to really make a statement. For the day I normally put a bit on foundation on my lips to create a blank canvas and then put the lipstick over and it makes a nice subtle light pink/purple shade, absolutely gorgeous and goes with any skin tone, even with my incredibly fair skin it doesn't wash me out. Will definitely but this product again!!! Also love the matte effect it has and how long wearing it is, I can wear it all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Lashaye16

I love this color it's so beautiful...only thing is it makes my teeth appear to be yellow....Other than that it has an awesome color pay off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One the most gorgeous colors from Mac & I am not a purple lover.Headed to Mac to look at Candy Yum Yum which my sister & many friends own & kept trying to tell me how much I need it.Though I didn't like the color after trying on several times. I saw Heroine,tried it on,love at first swipe.Bought this & 2 other lipsticks,lip pencils & eye shadow. For once I didn't spend $200+ at the counter.This us a universally flattering shade.Heroine lip pencil is discontinued but I still have one & the perfect dupe is NYX purple rain.When it runs out will be pairing with Mac Magenta.