March 1, 2015 | 1279 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Heroine

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2015 3:16:00 PM More reviews by gentvictoria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

for a girl with bright purple hair.... I love this lipstick! The colour is great and many people have complimented me on it and asked what make it is. It goes on so easy and lasts all day. No complaints about this lipstick, one of my new favourites!

Pros:
- awesome colour
- easy application
- lasts a long time

Cons:
- none

Overall:
- If you like lipstick colours that are a bit different to the norm, I would highly suggest this. When matched with the right make-up and outfit it can look great, just be careful not to overdo it with this lipstick as it can easily make your overall look too much if you clash it with clothing choices or eye make-up, for example go lightly on the blusher with this lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2015 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MaxStarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros
-Matte
-Stays on lips all day
-Beautiful and vibrant purple that looks especially beautiful in autumn/winter

Cons
-Too pricey
-Many cheaper dupes out there like Revlon Colorburst matte balm 215 Shameless

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Theresarosser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the two first MAC lipstick i bought. I LOVE IT!!! It looks really great on me. Who knew this shade of purple would look good on a pale girl. Its my favorite lipstick out of the bunch. If i could i would buy 5 more just to have a stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 11:03:00 AM More reviews by hottahitilover

This is my favorite of mac's mattes there are other purple mattes but this is nicer than the others the only thing I dont like is it leaves a plum stain but this , sin, diva and ruby woo are their best mattes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like the previous reviewer I'm blonde, free u eyes with cool toned skin. I bought this as soon as it was made permenant online because I had shoppers regret for not buying it the 2 times before. Should of waited til I could go in store because it just doesn't look right on me the way it does on sooo many other I've seen in pics. It has more red or my coloring pulls the red out. It's just not that bright cool toned purple on me. I'm allllllll about matte and bright lips, this just really let me down. I did find a la colors duo pencil (it's a shadow pencil but feels like lip liner or matte lipstick) with teal on one side and purple on the other. It's the ONLY purple high or low pricing that looks what I wanted heroine to look like. So if u are like me I say look for it..I found mine at the dollar tree.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:43:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. I have Violetta and Heroine is everything I wanted Violetta to be. A nice vibrant purple.
Violetta is an amplified and has shimmer in it and Heroine is matte.
Another person posted a swatch of the two and they look the same but thats probably due to her skintone. On me there's definitely a difference. Violetta is more magenta and glossy/frosty. Heroine is more blue based(more of a true purple) and matte you get more opaque coverage than with Violetta (Violetta has to be built up which is annoying especially for an amplified.) To me violetta is a lot more like a creme sheen/ frost. . I'll post my swatches.
Heroine lasts all day long and don't have to touch up through out the day. :)

As far as the comments, medium skin color is around NC30-NC35. Around Kim Kardashians color when she doesn't have so much spray tan.
I'm talking 'medium' as a whole not in the makeup world where they run lighter and completely disregard darker skin tones.
It goes fair, fair light, light, light medium, medium, medium deep, deep, and deep dark.
Light medium is an NC25-30 around Aishwarya Rai's skin color.

I don't think that this color is restricted from any skin color. EVERYONE can pull it off whether you're very fair or have a more deep complexion. It's quite blue toned and looks good no matter what skin color you are. Even if you're warm toned.
People assume warm toned people should stay away from blue toned lipsticks when actually the purple complements the yellow tone (color theory)
I find it makes my skin look more vibrant.
But I'd definitely recommend it if you're cool toned and neutral as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

@MorenaCmedium skin is nowhere near dark skin. If you look at models also on makeup posters/magazines. the light/fair medium all look the same in complexions. Sandra bullock/kim k/megan fox/catherine zeta jones has been described as medium..does that mean they are similar to alek wek and lupita? no! please stop grouping skin complexions together!
medium is pretty fair. ESPECIALLY in the cosmetic world,majority of white women(eurpean,middle eastern/arab,latina,asian) are and use medium shades. White/fair skinned black women use medium. So please dont lump medium in the same category as "Dark"
and a person doesnt need to be blonde and blue eyed to be "fair"

Anywho,I needed to get that off my chest because some people like to say ignorant things.
Heroine is one of the most gorgeous purples ever!!!! I have Mac's violetta, KAT VON D's wonderchilde and I still went out to get Heroine. No matter what complexion you are,you can never go wrong with heroine. It looks also sexiest on full lips and beautiful wide eyes. You can wear any makeup look you like. Most importantly, it wears off beautifully. It leaves me with a gorgeous stain. This will definetly reel in compliments. I put it on and my hubby and sister each bought me another heroine lipstick. One wasnt enough! I was soo happy when I heard its a permenant now!!!!
The formula is amazing and it also smells great. People who have lip discolorations will notice their lips lighten up when you use MAC/NARS/KAT VON d lipsticks that are infused with vitamin e and the like. When ou wear cheap drugstore lipsticks it does discolor your lips!! keep that in mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Heroine! Oh how I love you. This is thee perfect shade of purple. Not too dark, not too light. Doesn't pull too red or blue. It's matte but not too drying. It is definitely a statement lippie color and not an everyday color if bold lippies aren't your go to colors. I usually wear NYX Purple Rain lip liner with this but I think that may be too blue toned for Heroine. I've seen someone wear MAC's Lilac lip liner with this and it looked nice so I may try that. This color wears for a long time leaving behind a stain. Traditional MAC black bullet packaging. If you're looking for an edgy purple lipstick to try, grab this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MorenaC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color for medium to darker skins. Always get compliments when wearing it. Also stays on for a very long time, had this Lippie for almost a year and will be purchasing again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

I've been a member of the Church of the Red Lipstick since 2011, & while I have no plans of defecting, I thought it was high time to expand my lipstick horizons anew. Randomly chanced upon the mostly favorable reviews of Heroine here so I went, "Hey, time to give purple lipstick a shot!"
On the tube, it is a bright, but lovely shade of purple. Definitely not for the faint of heart. I wore it on a night out with friends and while they commented that I'm wearing a different shade of lipstick, I didn't really get "solid" compliments. Maybe they're just too used to my bright red lip? Anyway, I like how the shade makes my teeth look brighter and gives a different "vibe" to my face. Even though the formula is matte, it doesn't dry my lips (compared to Ruby Woo, at least), lasts long and fades into a gorgeous stain. My only problem is that I feel the color clashes with most of my wardrobe, which is why I've only worn this a couple of times. I've recently gotten a pixie cut though, and I feel that with an edgier hairstyle, I can rock this color better now so yeah,I'll be wearing this again soon!