MAC Heroine

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my god. THIS LIPSTICK IS BEAUTIFUL! I was a bit scared at first because it is just SO bright and SO purple, but it's actually pretty wearable! It's one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, it's so creamy and pigmented, it flatters my skin tone and really brings out my eyes. So if you like bright colours but want to try something other than reds or pinks: try Heroine! You won't regret it ;)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it! I wanted this color so much and finally got it. Perfect if you want to stand out! ;)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a gorgeous color, I cannot quite describe it, it is purple but undertones are something I am unaware of how to describe. It is matte but not drying, I also love violetta but I really love this vibrant color. I think this is better for spring or summer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I finally purchased this lipstick, and OH MY GOODNESS IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FLATTERING SHADE OF PURPLE. I guess the best way to describe this purple is "an elegant pop" of color. It is bright, and it is matte, but it works with your skintone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I put off purchasing this for a loooong time because I thought this color was something I could easily find a dupe for. After many unsuccessful tries hunting for a 100% dupe, I decided to FINALLY purchase this, as nothing came as close to it as I wanted.

This shade of purple is incredibly unique; its bright yet it's still vampy. Because I am a sucker for my statement bright oranges, pinks, and purples which usually are put away in the spring and fall months, it's really nice to find a "pop of color" type lippie that is season appropriate, so I don't end up doing the nude/brown/berry lippie shuffle for like 5 months straight. This is also a very interesting shade because it pulls different on various skintones (pale, tan, dark), yet is always lovely. I also love that this is semi-matte and not full on matte so that it's not over-drying , which is very necc. for colder months. I also find there is no need for a liner with this shade either which is great (because I am lazy).

Ok so the cons... Honestly there is only one for me, but it's a big one: This shade really makes my teeth look yellow. I mean, seriously yellow - to the point I was wondering if I should shell out 600 bux for my Dentist to do a major whitening on me. I'm not really sure what's up with that considering this is the only lipstick I have that does this and I own hundreds of lippies (maybe it's too blue toned???). Even so, this color is just so flattering I can't stop wearing it and tend to ignore that issue and chalk it up to my own over critical opinion - I get loads of complements when I wear this so the tooth dulling thing may not be so noticeable to others. OK, I digress...

I know some feel MAC lippies are rather pricey at $17.00 a pop, however, I am not one of them. I think this is standard for a higher end lipstick and actually comes in at a better price point than most. If you are someone who likes "in your face" bold lippies or purples in general but isn't a fan of MAC's price tag, its prob. still worth your while to treat yourself to this one because it combines boldness, prettiness, and comfort of formulation in one.

I have been coveting this lipstick since it was hyped and after more than a year, I finally have mustered the courage to buy this.

Heroine is a pretty magenta purple color. It looks very intimidating on tube, but surprisingly a very wearable color. (This was how I felt when I wore Russian Red & Girl About Town for the first time). But honestly, it's not everyone's cup of tea - few people have the guts to rock a purple lipstick. I liked wearing this, but I think I will only wear this on days when I feel so. It's not really an in-your-face purple, but it's also tricky. Not an everyday to-go color.

When I first swiped this, it instantly brightens the face. It worked for me even without winged eyeliner on. But of course, it's better with minimal eye makeup. I liked it swiped in a "just-bitten" way (applied on the center of the lips, patting it for a gradiation effect) for a toned-down look, or even when applied fully on the lips.

Being a matte, it's creamy when applied on the lips. But I prefer on how it glides like butter when there is lip balm worn underneath.

Compared with Revlon Berry Haute (which they say is a dupe for Mac's Up the Amp), I like this one better. At least Heroine doesn't age me.

Overall, I like this color. I recommend this for those who want to veer away from the regular nudes, corals and reds. At least try something new.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Although I like the color it's not something I'd wear all the time, it's just not that kind of lippy. I personally found this lipstick incredibly drying, no matter what I put on my lips. It also shows out every crack and indent on my lips, so although it's incredibly pretty, I don't find it that great.

I went to the mall yesterday with my friend and she got drawn into bath and body works by the candles and as we were in there their was a sales person who had on such a pretty lipstick color so I complimented it and she said "Thanks it's Heroine" and I had heard of it before because I am a big MAC lipstick fan. Once we got out of there I told my friend I wanted to go into Macy's and check out the MAC counter and see how the lipstick looked on me. I tried it on and instantly fell in love. I'm not one to generally splurge nearly $20 on lipstick but with MAC I feel like it's worth it and when it's something that I know I will wear a lot and get good use out of I feel like hey why not? My friend had tried it on as well and she also loved it and said she'd probably purchase it when she got the money. We kept the sample lipstick on our lips and we ate and drank and had it on for quite a while and it kept lasting quite well. I feel like this will probably be my fall signature shade. I feel like this lipstick also looks good on nearly every skin color cause all 3 of us (the sales person, my friend and I) liked it on us even though it looked different on each shade.

I basically have or have tried almost every MAC lipstick that would even be a contendertion for my Nw20, deep soft winter complexion. Sadly, this is no exaggeration. Regardless of this, I still peruse their lipsticks to see if something catches my attention. Every time I go in there multiple SA's(at different locations) ALWAYS suggest Heroine. I poo, poo'd them thinking a) Of course they are suggesting this because of my almost black hair, brown eyes, but I am not olive like most people with that hair/eye combo. I am very pink, it will look a bit ridiculous on my 40 year old lips. b) I have seen pics online of this on people and it always look bold, but not amazing on people who are light as me (though I feel like finding those with my skin is hard online as so many posters feel more yellow or olive toned). And finally I would think, c) it is just a popular shade that is why they are suggesting it.

But, this time, I said, let's just try it on as EVERYONE kept suggesting this and I desperately wanted to buy a new lipstick. I put it on expecting a very pretty color, but not something I can easily slip on or wear casually. Once on my lips it didn't look crazy...at all. Not too pink, not too crazy purple. I knew some purples look good on me, but this always seemed like it would be too much...it wasn't! This was how VGI was on me, but purple instead of red...bold shade, but sits very easy on me. MAC reps have usually been very spot on with color selections for me. And they have done it again. I should have listened a while ago. One of the things I like best about this shade is that it feels nice in summer too...it is an all year round purple! Those are not easy to find. If like me this keeps popping up on your radar, but you have denied it, quit fighting it, just try it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

'Heroine' is the first lipstick from MAC that I've purchased. It's a beautiful purple color that flatters anyone's skin tone. I'd wear this on during parties and music festivals, but not on a daily basis because it's too purple. I took off one lippie because of the stain it leaves on your lips when you wipe it off. It leaves an unflattering reddish purple stain against my slightly pigmented lips. that not even the most effective makeup removers and lip scrubs can remove. The stain will stay until you put on another lip color. Despite that, I absolutely adore this color!

Recommended for Medium Skin