December 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Heroine

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

I've been a member of the Church of the Red Lipstick since 2011, & while I have no plans of defecting, I thought it was high time to expand my lipstick horizons anew. Randomly chanced upon the mostly favorable reviews of Heroine here so I went, "Hey, time to give purple lipstick a shot!"
On the tube, it is a bright, but lovely shade of purple. Definitely not for the faint of heart. I wore it on a night out with friends and while they commented that I'm wearing a different shade of lipstick, I didn't really get "solid" compliments. Maybe they're just too used to my bright red lip? Anyway, I like how the shade makes my teeth look brighter and gives a different "vibe" to my face. Even though the formula is matte, it doesn't dry my lips (compared to Ruby Woo, at least), lasts long and fades into a gorgeous stain. My only problem is that I feel the color clashes with most of my wardrobe, which is why I've only worn this a couple of times. I've recently gotten a pixie cut though, and I feel that with an edgier hairstyle, I can rock this color better now so yeah,I'll be wearing this again soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MaidenMoonchild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this lipstick! My lips tend to dry very quickly when I put lipstick but with Heroine my lips don't dry. It's my favourite lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Ktc1011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had to buy because I was going thru purple phase. It's beautiful but too matte for me leaving my lips dry on the 2nd hour. Not big on touch ups. Have to remove and re-apply to get a good finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Bossyespy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick so much. I was so elated when it was added to MAC's permanent collection. Heroine started my love affair with purple lipsticks, it made me try Violetta and Up The Amp which are both great shades :). Up The Amp is more of a lilac shade but still very pretty. Violetta is a closer shade to Heroine but has an Amplified finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by TammyLynn86

Heroine is a bold plum/fuchsia color, that has a matte finish. A lot of lipsticks I have tried that have a matte finish tend to be drying, but that isn't an issue with this lipstick it goes on very creamy and left my lips feeling hydrated. I have fair skin, hazel eyes and blonde hair and I love how this color looks on me. I get so many compliments when I wear this lipstick. I think this color looks great on every skin tone. When this shade first came out it was limited edition, I loved it so much I bought 4 tubes, I'm so happy Mac decided to make this part of their permanent line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Well the lady from last year at the counter who told me I was too old to pull this color off was wrong. I missed out last Fall on this stunner because she said it was too dark for my fair skin and it was more suited for a younger girl. Mind you, I am 40, so I am not sure how young she meant, but whatever.

I went in last week for Up the Amp and the SA said to try Heroine because it was out of stock. I then told her what happened she laughed and said, no, here try it. I did, wow. It was perfect. It's my color. Purples and plums always look great on my skin so I wasn't that shocked but I was concerned about the boldness.

It was NOT too "bold" for someone my age nor was it too young to wear. It's in my top 5 favorites now and I am thankful for this SA for showing me again.

Heroine is a bold purple/plum that is very cool toned. It's about midtone for deepness and I think looks great on so many people. YOUNG OR OLD, lol. It has a matte finish and I didn't feel it was drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Painter94x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most beautiful violet lip color I've ever seen. I was originally looking for dubonnet but that mac counter sold out of it at the mall (I got it at another mac counter that same day) and I saw this color on display n decided to try it. This matte finish goes on very smoothly and the color is so pretty my bf compliments it all the time cuz he loves purple. It's the second purple I own. The other one I have is milani violet volt which is kind of a metallic finish but still pretty on the lips. You all should really check those milani lip colors btw they are so beautiful and smell sooooo good! Cheap too! Anyway love this color except the fact that my teeth look slightly yellow with heroine on :/ I drink a lot of soda so that's all me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by CamiLira

I really like this colour when I have just put it on, it's a very intense purple and it match every skintone. But when the time past (about 2 or 3 hours) this has turned pink, like a fucsia tone, not a bad colour or anything like that, it's just that I wish it to stay purple? I don't know, I have this love/hate relationship with this lipstick. But after all it's a good one, it stay on for 6 or more hours and the texture is soft and comfortable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by FancyMeBrit

My new boyfriend!!! I didn't catch it on it's first launch, but since they brought it back! I am absolutely in love! And you must read the definition if you don't know it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Arshon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE AT FIRST! Its a must have!