MAC Heroine

4.5

on 8/24/2015 4:02:00 AM

I went to the mall yesterday with my friend and she got drawn into bath and body works by the candles and as we were in there their was a sales person who had on such a pretty lipstick color so I complimented it and she said "Thanks it's Heroine" and I had heard of it before because I am a big MAC lipstick fan. Once we got out of there I told my friend I wanted to go into Macy's and check out the MAC counter and see how the lipstick looked on me. I tried it on and instantly fell in love. I'm not one to generally splurge nearly $20 on lipstick but with MAC I feel like it's worth it and when it's something that I know I will wear a lot and get good use out of I feel like hey why not? My friend had tried it on as well and she also loved it and said she'd probably purchase it when she got the money. We kept the sample lipstick on our lips and we ate and drank and had it on for quite a while and it kept lasting quite well. I feel like this will probably be my fall signature shade. I feel like this lipstick also looks good on nearly every skin color cause all 3 of us (the sales person, my friend and I) liked it on us even though it looked different on each shade.

on 8/5/2015 7:06:00 AM

I basically have or have tried almost every MAC lipstick that would even be a contendertion for my Nw20, deep soft winter complexion. Sadly, this is no exaggeration. Regardless of this, I still peruse their lipsticks to see if something catches my attention. Every time I go in there multiple SA's(at different locations) ALWAYS suggest Heroine. I poo, poo'd them thinking a) Of course they are suggesting this because of my almost black hair, brown eyes, but I am not olive like most people with that hair/eye combo. I am very pink, it will look a bit ridiculous on my 40 year old lips. b) I have seen pics online of this on people and it always look bold, but not amazing on people who are light as me (though I feel like finding those with my skin is hard online as so many posters feel more yellow or olive toned). And finally I would think, c) it is just a popular shade that is why they are suggesting it.

But, this time, I said, let's just try it on as EVERYONE kept suggesting this and I desperately wanted to buy a new lipstick. I put it on expecting a very pretty color, but not something I can easily slip on or wear casually. Once on my lips it didn't look crazy...at all. Not too pink, not too crazy purple. I knew some purples look good on me, but this always seemed like it would be too much...it wasn't! This was how VGI was on me, but purple instead of red...bold shade, but sits very easy on me. MAC reps have usually been very spot on with color selections for me. And they have done it again. I should have listened a while ago. One of the things I like best about this shade is that it feels nice in summer too...it is an all year round purple! Those are not easy to find. If like me this keeps popping up on your radar, but you have denied it, quit fighting it, just try it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

'Heroine' is the first lipstick from MAC that I've purchased. It's a beautiful purple color that flatters anyone's skin tone. I'd wear this on during parties and music festivals, but not on a daily basis because it's too purple. I took off one lippie because of the stain it leaves on your lips when you wipe it off. It leaves an unflattering reddish purple stain against my slightly pigmented lips. that not even the most effective makeup removers and lip scrubs can remove. The stain will stay until you put on another lip color. Despite that, I absolutely adore this color!

on 7/28/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Heroine shows more fuchsia on my medium (yellowtone) skin. It is a great Spring/Summer color

on 7/20/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amazing colour. Looks very nice against my skin tone. It isnt drying and its perfect for an evening out

on 7/11/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Giving MAC kudos for extending their matte collection, but this shade is too purple to be flattering. Not just on me, but anyone. There's just too much blue in it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favorite Mac lippies, it is very distinct. Every time I wear this bad boy out I recieve a plethora of compliments. The color is very purple, which I was intially uncomfortable with but this was one of my first purchases branching out! I recommned exfoliating your lips, and applying primer/lipliner with this product.
It lasts almost 4 hours on my lips, but it can fade in a patchy way. I usually have to carry it in my purse so that I can retouch.

on 4/19/2015 7:05:00 AM

Not a fan. On me, it looks too purple. It's also way too drying.

on 4/16/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down my fave purple lipstick! Stays all day. I always use lipbalm before applying this lipstick coz it dries my lips. The price is least i like about this product, but its worth it. And for that price range i would prefer bold vibrant colors. Definitely gonna repurchase.

on 4/14/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. I bought it because I kept seeing it online and just could not help myself. I had hoped it would be a little darker, but I love it anyways. It lasts on my lips for hours and it is very moisturizing. This is something I will always have in my collection.

Recommended for Medium Skin