April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Truth or Dare by Madonna

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells just like Kim Kardashian. Straight up nasty tuberose. This is truly vile. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ncashen

Like many reviewers, I am not a huge Madonna fan. I'm also hesitant to buy celebrity fragrances. I'd rather buy a fragrance from a company/house devoted to its craft.

When I smelled the original Truth or Dare in the white bottle for the first time, it reminded me that even a celebrity fragrance can be interesting. And this one is.

I knew Madonna was a fan of fragrances. I don't know if the gardenia story about her mother is true. It really doesn't matter if it's true. I do think this fragrance was carefully made.

The tuberose is prominent for me. I had a friend who wore Fracas, and yes, this does remind me of it. As others have pointed out, it has the staying power of a perfume concentrate/extrait/pure parfum. Very potent.

I am not a floral fan. Power florals, like Red Door, make me want to pass out.

T or D is not that kind of floral. It is an edgy, milky, and intense bouquet of white florals that leaves very little room for the vanilla/amber to emerge.

It has made me curious about gardenia, as I've had little experience with that note.

I will definitely keep this full bottle I purchased at TJ Maxx. I feel like it was a good deal, as this doesn't smell or feel cheap at all. The bottle is royal-looking (in a Clive Christian way).

I was just going through a love affair with my Paloma Picasso EDT. That is, until I sprayed T or D for the first time. I will keep it close to me for a while.

It's made quite a first impression and opened me up to something new.

Update: Madonna Truth or Dare original also reminds me of White Shoulders, at least in the way the tuberose/gardenia/jasmine combination opens and lingers. I just acquired a large 4 oz. EDC splash of WS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by fcirone1

Purchased this on the weekend and really love this fragrance. I enjoy Tuberose scents very much so if you are a fan of scents like Fracas etc, you will enjoy this very much.

Great sillage/lasting power...highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by katie1707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fave fragrance at the mo, lasts all day, distinctive & excellent value. If u like strong original parfumes then try this. Also purchased the truth & dare naked which is nice but still prefer this <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sharp, crisp tuberose that delivers with opposing notes of surprise. Strong tuberose intermingles with woods and spices in this fanciful perfume introduced by Madonna. One must definitely be a floral lover to enjoy this one or it could be a headache inducer.
There are days I’m in the mood for this type of scent when it basically comes through straight florals without much more mixed in to make this fragrance one of a linear proportion. Did I say tuberose lovers unite in Madonna’s Truth or Dare? They should. It delivers.
After wearing this straight for a few days in bitterly cold weather when I believe the notes would be at their advantage, I still found it to be a basic tuberose lovers’ delight. (There I go again…tuberose, tuberose, tuberose….am I making myself clear here?)
Tuberose radiates strongly for hours until washed off. Why? You guessed it. The tuberose is that strong. Which is a good thing. (For tuberose lovers.)
With a stretch I can find an underlayer of sandalwood hugging and an occasional spice wafting through. But those components hardly hold the show together. Why? Because the tuberose kicks ass instead and is the star of this perfume.
The bottle is unique in design but fools you until you realize it’s only white painted glass. That’s right. Painted glass. As if someone sat in a craft class with their little styrofoam brushes and dipped them in a paint tub and stroked away. Shiny white painted glass. My bottle chipped on the first day of use. On the front, right above the logo. On top of that, there were paint bubbles in the paint finish.
For under 20 bucks with a lotion and bath gel, this was a steal, but I’m still seriously aggravated about the chipping paint on the bottle.
This perfume is considered an oriental floral.
Top Notes: Neroli, Gardenia, Tuberose.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Benzoin, Lily.
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Vanille.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nataliieanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE... SMELL FREAKIN' AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected to appreciate this, but not necessarily want to wear it...especially due to Fracas comparisons. Well, this is a much more wearable fragrance & a beauty in its own right. The bottle is unique and the sexy sultry tuberose is just stunning. This is truly the most gorgeous scent I've smelled in years. My only concern is that I could be a limited time scent since it's a Madonna Madonna scent as opposed to one released by a fragrance house. I'm afraid it could lose credibility since it's a "celebrity perfume". I guarantee if this was released by L'Artisan or another house, this stunner of a fragrance would be a top seller!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by shubshub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a Fracas dupe! I like it, but prefer the Fracas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like white florals, the real flowers especially, so I look for perfumes that remind me of them. Its a good choice of notes with its own personality with a gorgeous bottle to match. Definitley not a weak citrus celebrity clone. However the outcome is very plasticy synthetic jasmine/gardenia. I feel the ingredients are a bit cheap and they could have put a bit more care into formulating it. Still, I guess it was better quality (ie contained real flower oils) it would probably be 5 or 10 times the price.

NOTES
Top - gardenia, creamy tuberose, neroli
Heart - jasmine, benzoin white lily
Base - vanilla absolute, caramelized amber, musk

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by sillyjulie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this bottle up, blind buy based on reviews I read online. I knew it would be floral but I was expecting something else because what I got when I sprayed it on was a blast of floral, no specific florals just all the floral scents smashed up into one. I wore it on my hand throughout the day and everytime I got a whiff of it I just gagged. I love perfumes and I have tons, I have no particular favorite scent as I love all, but this one is awful. By the end of the day I was on my way back to the store for a return. The longevity of this scent is long wearing, three hand washings later the scent was finally starting to fade. Yuck!