July 28, 2014 | 1993 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Truth or Dare by Madonna

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was expecting this one to be STRONG STRONG STRONG, as I remember being a bit turned off by the strength when it was first released a few years ago. I had thought to myself I'd never wear such a sillage monster, and figured it would be headache inducing.

Fast forward to now...I managed to find the large bottle of this for $7 at Marshall's and figured What the Heck, I'll give it a go. I have loved Madonna for about 32 years now, I really had to buy it for no other reason than that.

So I got up the nerve to wear it today, and started with one big spritz and dabbed my wrists together, and then went about getting ready for work.

The intoxicating opening blast of gardenia is almost immediately softened by the creamy tuberose--they compliment each other so well! I get no neroli AT ALL, but as it dries down I do get the benzoin and it softens into a creamy, sweet, almost tropical vanilla floral on me by the drydown.

About 20 minutes after that first spritz, I loved it so much that I went back and spritzed 5 more times around my body...I LOVE THIS ONE. Even now, 3 hours later, I am mostly just getting whiffs of it now and then and it is sitting pretty close to my skin. On MY skin, NOT a sillage monster.

My recommendation is...if you like the rich tropical feel of gardenia, and the creamy sweetness of tuberose, this is a definite winner. I am only sorry that I waited so long for this one!

I am pretty sure if I see it again for so cheap at Marshalls or Ross, I'll buy a backup bottle!!

(crosspost)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Madonna Truth or Dare is a big white floral. Gradenia, tuberose and jasmine in the initial notes tempered eventually by amber and vanilla in the dry down. Vanilla is interesting to me as a note, because it is so beholden to whatever it is paired with. Here, it serves to balance the fragrance and add a touch of the gourmand, although I would in no way characterize Truth or Dare as a gourmand. This is a white flower scent, big and bold but elegant and fairly wearable for day (although I probably am going to wear this to a nice luncheon in a skirt and heels, not to the office).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells just like Kim Kardashian. Straight up nasty tuberose. This is truly vile. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ncashen

Like many reviewers, I am not a huge Madonna fan. I'm also hesitant to buy celebrity fragrances. I'd rather buy a fragrance from a company/house devoted to its craft.

When I smelled the original Truth or Dare in the white bottle for the first time, it reminded me that even a celebrity fragrance can be interesting. And this one is.

I knew Madonna was a fan of fragrances. I don't know if the gardenia story about her mother is true. It really doesn't matter if it's true. I do think this fragrance was carefully made.

The tuberose is prominent for me. I had a friend who wore Fracas, and yes, this does remind me of it. As others have pointed out, it has the staying power of a perfume concentrate/extrait/pure parfum. Very potent.

I am not a floral fan. Power florals, like Red Door, make me want to pass out.

T or D is not that kind of floral. It is an edgy, milky, and intense bouquet of white florals that leaves very little room for the vanilla/amber to emerge.

It has made me curious about gardenia, as I've had little experience with that note.

I will definitely keep this full bottle I purchased at TJ Maxx. I feel like it was a good deal, as this doesn't smell or feel cheap at all. The bottle is royal-looking (in a Clive Christian way).

I was just going through a love affair with my Paloma Picasso EDT. That is, until I sprayed T or D for the first time. I will keep it close to me for a while.

It's made quite a first impression and opened me up to something new.

Update: Madonna Truth or Dare original also reminds me of White Shoulders, at least in the way the tuberose/gardenia/jasmine combination opens and lingers. I just acquired a large 4 oz. EDC splash of WS.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by fcirone1

Purchased this on the weekend and really love this fragrance. I enjoy Tuberose scents very much so if you are a fan of scents like Fracas etc, you will enjoy this very much.

Great sillage/lasting power...highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by katie1707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fave fragrance at the mo, lasts all day, distinctive & excellent value. If u like strong original parfumes then try this. Also purchased the truth & dare naked which is nice but still prefer this <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sharp, crisp tuberose that delivers with opposing notes of surprise. Strong tuberose intermingles with woods and spices in this fanciful perfume introduced by Madonna. One must definitely be a floral lover to enjoy this one or it could be a headache inducer.
There are days I’m in the mood for this type of scent when it basically comes through straight florals without much more mixed in to make this fragrance one of a linear proportion. Did I say tuberose lovers unite in Madonna’s Truth or Dare? They should. It delivers.
After wearing this straight for a few days in bitterly cold weather when I believe the notes would be at their advantage, I still found it to be a basic tuberose lovers’ delight. (There I go again…tuberose, tuberose, tuberose….am I making myself clear here?)
Tuberose radiates strongly for hours until washed off. Why? You guessed it. The tuberose is that strong. Which is a good thing. (For tuberose lovers.)
With a stretch I can find an underlayer of sandalwood hugging and an occasional spice wafting through. But those components hardly hold the show together. Why? Because the tuberose kicks ass instead and is the star of this perfume.
The bottle is unique in design but fools you until you realize it’s only white painted glass. That’s right. Painted glass. As if someone sat in a craft class with their little styrofoam brushes and dipped them in a paint tub and stroked away. Shiny white painted glass. My bottle chipped on the first day of use. On the front, right above the logo. On top of that, there were paint bubbles in the paint finish.
For under 20 bucks with a lotion and bath gel, this was a steal, but I’m still seriously aggravated about the chipping paint on the bottle.
This perfume is considered an oriental floral.
Top Notes: Neroli, Gardenia, Tuberose.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Benzoin, Lily.
Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Vanille.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nataliieanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE... SMELL FREAKIN' AMAZING!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected to appreciate this, but not necessarily want to wear it...especially due to Fracas comparisons. Well, this is a much more wearable fragrance & a beauty in its own right. The bottle is unique and the sexy sultry tuberose is just stunning. This is truly the most gorgeous scent I've smelled in years. My only concern is that I could be a limited time scent since it's a Madonna Madonna scent as opposed to one released by a fragrance house. I'm afraid it could lose credibility since it's a "celebrity perfume". I guarantee if this was released by L'Artisan or another house, this stunner of a fragrance would be a top seller!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by shubshub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like a Fracas dupe! I like it, but prefer the Fracas.