Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

3.8

AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE,ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, ZINC PCA,SILICA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), ERYTHRITOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, IRON OXIDES (CI77491),CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (CI77499), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ALCOHOL DENAT., LAUROYL LYSINE, DISODIUM EDTA,CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI77742), POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, HOMARINE HCL, GOSSYPIUM HERBACEUM(COTTON) FLOWER EXTRACT, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin: very oily t-zone with dry cheeks keratosis pilaris cheeks (redness and little bumps) and on top of that I'm very spot prone (most foundations tend to break me out).
This foundation is my new go to. It's light in texture, doesn't feel heavy at all on the skin, keeps my T-Zone matte enough without overly drying my cheeks, not cakey and looks pretty natural. I'm in 54 in this foundation which is a great colour for me - neutral, not too yellow or too pink - almost beige? (I'm usually shade 53 in bourjois - this one seemed lighter and too ashen toned in the lighter shades) But the shade range is very limited which is extremely disappointing, I think there are 5 or 6 shades which is pretty useless to be honest.
But other than that, for me, this is a great every day foundation which lasts well throughout the day without me ending up looking like a disco ball and on top of that doesn't break me out woooo!

I don't know what is going on with this foundation but it does not last on me!
My redness shows through within two hours (and I've tried different powders to set it with) and it emphasised dry patches on my cheeks and along uneven surfaces.

The coverage is light and gets cakey when I go for a second layer.

This was one of my first foundations and what a disaster! Really put me off for a while.

I have combition skin and am No.53 Light Beige in all Bourjois foundations.

The colour correction that the foundation promises on the front works to certain extent. All my redness etc is covered and it's great because my face doesn't get red for the rest of the day however it does not cover my dark circles - there is barley any difference there.

The foundation is easy to blend and doesn't smell that bad however the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation smells way better.

The price is quite expensive for a drug store foundation.

Pros:

- Covers redness, patches etc
- Easy to blend
- Not cakey, very natural finish
- Can be built to a high coverage

Cons:

- Doesn't cover dark circles
- Expensive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this foundation - especially for fall/winter, where I like my skin to be a little extra matte. This foundation lasts hours on me, and never turns oily. You do have to be extra careful prepping your skin with a good moisturizer and exfoliation beforehand as it does tend to cling a bit to dry patches.

UPDATE: I changed the lippies to five. I really like this fdt. Lately it's the only one I use. I like it because it's ligh, but covers well (for my needs, anyway). It's matte, but not overdrying. I set it with a bit of powder and my beloved All Nighter and it stays al day and it makes my skin look great.

I just came back from a month in France. Since this foundation is not sold where I live I was glad to get my hands on a bottle. I bought the color Light Beige and while it's a bit light, I can make it work with a dusting of bronzer.

This is not a perfect fdt, but for the price it's not bad, either. It's lightweight, almost liquid, in consistence. The coverage is a solid medium, not full. If you have serious skin issues this will not hide them. I pat it on with a damp Beauty Blender (I find this is the best application method for pretty much all my fdts) and it gives me a very nice satiny finish. I then set it with loose powder, as I always do, and I I finish with a mist of my beloved All Nighter.

All in all, a nice every-day foundation for a reasonable price.

I have a combination skin, more on the oily side, rosaeca affected nose and cheeks and hormonal acne from time to time. I have been using the lightest shade of this foundation for the past 3 years and I must say I really like it!
One thing I never got used to is wearing it without dabbing on some powder on top; otherwise I can kind of feel it on my face. It blends nicely, highlights my skin and covers imperfections, giving me a fresh dewy look, but at the same time, I can build up the coverage to make it matte. Doesn't do that well with my drunken-like red nose, that would be a con.
I just finished a bottle so I'm looking for a new foundation altogether, but if the new find will fail, I'll probably come back to this product.
If I use a primer and set it with a powder, it stays on for a very long time. For £10, it's a very veeery good deal.

The packaging however is slightly disappointing. I feel like there's a lot of product inside the bottle I could use, but the fixed pump won't let me. It also gets everywhere on the cap, and washing it off is a nightmare.

This foundation is fantastic! I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is def my go-to foundation. Don't get me wrong, it does cake sometimes but apart from that, it's amazing! I would def recommend this product :) Xx

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I 💜💙💜 this foundation. My skin tends to flush easily, especially after alcohol so I have been using clinique redness solutions foundation and powder. .. However. .. For me this knocks spots off the clinique foundation! And way cheaper too! Great coverage - covers my redness well, my skin looks perfect... what's not to like! If you have red cheeks- try this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all I have pretty darn oily skin, my face is oily after 2-3 hours and very oily after 4-5 hours. I have tried many foundations that were intended for oily skin and found they didn't perform very well. After I seen reviews for this foundation I thought I may aswell give it a go as the price isn't steep although it's not "drugstore" price. Now this foundation performs pretty good, I still get oily but this lasts longer than my other foundations so I won't get oily as quickly. It gives a medium coverage and can be built up to more IMO but can start to look cakey and sit in some of my pores and I do notice sometimes afterwards it oxidizes and starts to make me look a bit more orange. However I used to have a hard time finding foundation shades to match and I have found the perfect shades for when I'm pale and tanned. I've repurchased this a few times and this is the only foundation I really use.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to replace my Bourjois 10 hour sleep foundation but I can't find it anywhere (not sure if it's being discontinued? Certainly not stocked near me) as there was a 3 for 2 offer I decided to try this one.

Bought shade Beige Clair 53 which is what I wear in the 10 hour sleep. I think the shade is slightly different but it still suits me fine.

It's a good coverage foundation which blends out really nicely. I find the colour technology (?) really works for me, it does cover my dark circles and redness fairly well. It also can be layered for heavier coverage - I put a little more under my eyes.

It doesn't oxidise but then I haven't experienced this since the 90s. It doesn't irritate my skin and feels really nice one. Like the 10 hour sleep, it dries quite nicely to a semi-matte appearance although I still powder over the top.

If you can match yourself colour wise I would recommend it. I'd rather a squeezy bottle but it's neat and fits on my dressing table.