April 21, 2014 | 1265 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - PHOTO FINISH HYDRATING FOUNDATION PRIMER

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

About 5 months ago, I purchased the mini version 12ml tube of the Smash box photo finish hydrating foundation primer (baby blue) and started using it daily for 3 months; not bad on a small tube. It cost me $19 compared to the full size tube for $50 from Sephora. I'm quite happy with the product since I use it as a primer during the winter months. The texture and scent is nice, and you don't need a lot for full coverage. It's very hydrating soaks in quickly, no reaction, oil free and good value for a small tube. I think I will purchase this small tube again for next winter. Thanks for reading!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lainey1020

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation primer I have used. I love Smashbox products, so didn't think twice about purchasing it, even for the fairly steep price of $42. Only a pea-sized amount is needed, which is nice. It definitely helps my foundation stay in place all day. However, I have been breaking out like a teenager since I began using it five days ago. I have never had a problem with acne, in the past, but do have quite sensitive skin. I will continue to use it for another week with the hopes that my skin will get used to it. I really hope it does!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in travel size twice before committing to the big one because in my eyes it's pretty expensive for a primer even more then the original maybe that's just me but with my skin I've gone through primer after primer and wasted so much money. My skin has a tendency to get greasy during the coarse of the day but also can be extremely dry in some areas so I need a primer I just can't find a good one :( this was pretty good though. It did help with the dryness on my skin and kept my make up on my face if you know what I mean. It made some of my pores go away not all of them. It did hydrate and made my make up go on more flawlessly I even tried it under my eyes and find my concealer stays better and more pigmented and for once I DIDN'T BREAK OUT ! But it's just not hydrating enough for my skin but I will use for now until I find another for $42 I was expecting it to do everything it says but I guess not

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer didn't do anything for me. I didn't notice a difference in my skin nor did it make my foundation last any longer. I will not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by itskristy

This is not good for combination skin. As a middle aged woman with combination skin, it left a sheen to my face that accentuated my already enlarged pores. Not an attractive look. I even applied a finishing powder that did not eliminate the shine. This probably works well younger women with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this primer. It absolutely changed my makeup routine. This product is the only thing that makes my makeup not SIT on my dry spots, but hydrate them and mask them.
I had tried the original Smashbox primer, and didn't really like or dislike it. I tried the Napoleon primer after hearing rave reviews, did not like. But this primer changed my mind about primers.
I wish it wasn't so expensive...$42 at Nordstrom, I believe.
But I don't think I can live without it now!
Packaging is fine. I wish it wasn't colored blue, but don't worry it goes on TOTALLY clear.
Great great primer, makes my foundation look WAY smoother, and really helped my dry patches. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This did not hydrate my skin. My foundation -- Smashbox studio skin -- looked WORSE with this under it. My skin looked more dry and sort of crumbly with this. And it has artificial color...totally unnecessary

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by glitter22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer is more like a cool gel and a skin treatment. However when I put foundation over it kind of accentuates the colour of the foundation more. I usually prefer my foundation to look subtle and not overly golden as this primer made the colour glow! Although this primer makes your skin feel soft it also gives an ever so slight rubbery feel to it. I've noticed the same finish with the photo finish primer too although that one is too drying. I will use this for now but I wont be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Mistical83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and this primer works well under my foundation. Usually my foundation cakes up and other primers just dry up my skin and flake off. This hydrating primer keeps my makeup looking fresher longer and it doesn't cake.

It feels smooth upon application, it doesn't minimize my pores like other primers do but it definitely does what it says and keeps my skin hydrated and my makeup in place even if I sleep with it on. For me this is a must have product to apply after moisturizer and before foundation. Usually my skin is dry and flaking towards the end of the day, but using this primer it's more hydrated and smooth.

This did not break me out and I break out or get rashes from most facial products. The only con is that it's so expensive for a little bottle of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

It's a good primer. It goes on smoothly, makes my skin look and feel silky, and helps my foundation last for hours. However, it's not as hydrating as they claim: it didn't dry out my skin like some primers do, but neither did it completely address the dry areas. So I guess it's a good choice for those with drier skins, but this primer will not replace a good moisturizer.

Update: it may have caused me to break out...that and/or the Studio Skin. I'll have to test further to determine which one is the culprit.

Update 2: it's this product--the primer. So regrettably I'm dropping it from the lineup.