October 25, 2014 | 1848 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - PHOTO FINISH HYDRATING FOUNDATION PRIMER

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this primer from my local Sephora. I was happy with it at first. I felt the primer glided so smoothly on my skin and I liked that the blue hue brightened up my fair complexion. That day, i receive many compliments on my makeup and was told my skin looked absolutely flawless. I noticed after a few days that my skin began to look very dry, to the point I could see scaliness! It is around fall/winter seasons, but my skin does not usually react to the weather change like this and this primer is the only new product at the time I was using on my face. I do recommend getting a sample before purchasing the product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I apply this on my T-zone and on my cheeks, with my fingers. I then let it set for a couple minutes before applying foundation.

It's a good primer for those with dry-normal skin, although I don't really notice much hydration coming from this primer. My face make up held up fine with this primer, but definitely not as well as when I use Hourglass' Mineral Veil, or the Mattifying Primer by Laura Mercier.

No particular scent, nor did it irritate or break my skin out.

The texture is light, feels almost like a gel moisturizer..not thick or goopy.

I would definitely recommend this for people with dry skin, or to those who don't really have an issue with their foundation staying put. If you're looking for something that will really keep your face matte and set, I would recommend the HG Mineral Veil/ or the Mattifying Primer by LM instead.

Packaging was basic, which I like. Hygienic and precise - you have a lot of control as to how much product you want.

Pricing was a little on the pricier side so I won't be repurchasing this primer once I use mine up. If I'm going to shell out $50CDN for 1 oz, I might as well spend it on a better primer that holds better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by daniisftw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dehydrated skin. This primer helps to keep my skin from sucking all the moisture from my foundation which is usually my problem. I use Lancôme teint idole 24 hour and the primer helps make it that much more flawless. Price is too steep for what you get, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Rozzy77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

About 5 months ago, I purchased the mini version 12ml tube of the Smash box photo finish hydrating foundation primer (baby blue) and started using it daily for 3 months; not bad on a small tube. It cost me $19 compared to the full size tube for $50 from Sephora. I'm quite happy with the product since I use it as a primer during the winter months. The texture and scent is nice, and you don't need a lot for full coverage. It's very hydrating soaks in quickly, no reaction, oil free and good value for a small tube. I think I will purchase this small tube again for next winter. Thanks for reading!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lainey1020

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation primer I have used. I love Smashbox products, so didn't think twice about purchasing it, even for the fairly steep price of $42. Only a pea-sized amount is needed, which is nice. It definitely helps my foundation stay in place all day. However, I have been breaking out like a teenager since I began using it five days ago. I have never had a problem with acne, in the past, but do have quite sensitive skin. I will continue to use it for another week with the hopes that my skin will get used to it. I really hope it does!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in travel size twice before committing to the big one because in my eyes it's pretty expensive for a primer even more then the original maybe that's just me but with my skin I've gone through primer after primer and wasted so much money. My skin has a tendency to get greasy during the coarse of the day but also can be extremely dry in some areas so I need a primer I just can't find a good one :( this was pretty good though. It did help with the dryness on my skin and kept my make up on my face if you know what I mean. It made some of my pores go away not all of them. It did hydrate and made my make up go on more flawlessly I even tried it under my eyes and find my concealer stays better and more pigmented and for once I DIDN'T BREAK OUT ! But it's just not hydrating enough for my skin but I will use for now until I find another for $42 I was expecting it to do everything it says but I guess not

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer didn't do anything for me. I didn't notice a difference in my skin nor did it make my foundation last any longer. I will not purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by itskristy

This is not good for combination skin. As a middle aged woman with combination skin, it left a sheen to my face that accentuated my already enlarged pores. Not an attractive look. I even applied a finishing powder that did not eliminate the shine. This probably works well younger women with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this primer. It absolutely changed my makeup routine. This product is the only thing that makes my makeup not SIT on my dry spots, but hydrate them and mask them.
I had tried the original Smashbox primer, and didn't really like or dislike it. I tried the Napoleon primer after hearing rave reviews, did not like. But this primer changed my mind about primers.
I wish it wasn't so expensive...$42 at Nordstrom, I believe.
But I don't think I can live without it now!
Packaging is fine. I wish it wasn't colored blue, but don't worry it goes on TOTALLY clear.
Great great primer, makes my foundation look WAY smoother, and really helped my dry patches. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This did not hydrate my skin. My foundation -- Smashbox studio skin -- looked WORSE with this under it. My skin looked more dry and sort of crumbly with this. And it has artificial color...totally unnecessary