July 31, 2014 | 1877 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Honey Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mlopezcano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best highlighter out there, bit pricey but worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by melllm

The only use I really have for this is as a highlighter on my cheekbones. However, it is a messy, shimmery product so there will be fallout. The color itself is really pretty, but it appears very shimmery on the skin, which I don't mind - just not to wear everyday. Gives a cute and playful look. The "magically cool" part makes the application really smooth which is nice, but make sure you keep the lid tight or the product will dry out. I like the product, but I wouldn't repurchase because I highly doubt I'll every finish the one I have as you get more than you'll ever need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after playing around with it in the store. I have mixed feelings about it..
****CONS****
--Comes in a pretty big, obnoxious box. Not good for traveling and kind of hard to store.
--Don't really like that it's loose powder, can sometimes get a little messy.
--It tends to be very glittery on my skin. It's fun for a night out or when you want to play up your makeup, but for everyday, it's not very practical and very obvious looking, which is fine if that's your thing, it's just not really mine.
--The glitter/shimmer also never tends to stay on my cheek bones. It tends to fall onto my cheeks straight after I apply it, which defeats the whole purpose of highlighting in the first place, since I end up with glitter on both of my cheek bones and actual cheeks - just too much glitter!
--Now, about the "magically cool liquid powder", it's more of a novelty. Don't get this product if you're only getting it for that. It was cold feeling when I applied it when I just got this product, but as time went on it stopped being very cool to the touch (you have to apply a HUGE amount of it now to get that cold sensation, which would be too much and you would look like a disco ball and too powdery). Mind you, I've had this for about a year, so maybe it's just one of those products that stops working as time goes on (the magically cool liquid part stopped working anyway)
--Very expensive in Australia (over $50 from what I can remember - sorry I CBF checking)
****PROS****
--The colour itself is gorgeous, gives a beautiful glow. Unfortunately it looks more like glow on my hand and glitter on my face (like I mentioned before)
--Can use it multiple ways. I use it on my eyes/cupids bow sometimes too
--Gives a really pretty tanned glow. Idk how it does it, but whenever I wear this product I look more tanned lol. From far away it looks like a glow but up close it looks more like glitter.
--Has a lot of product and will last you a long time
--Was limited addition but I think is now part of the permanent line
****BOTTOM LINE****
I don't think I will repurchase this if I ever run out of it (which I doubt I will). There are many better highlighters out there, and I bought this a lot for the novelty 'magically cool liquid powder' reason, which now it doesn't even do that really. It looks too chunky for my liking as well, but to each their own.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by malilauren93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I dont really understand the point of this..maybe because of my dark skin so I just use it as a finishing powder. The way it feels wet when you put it on is cool but the packaging is horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Honey Rose, and I find the colour so beautiful and I love the texture and cool liquid feeling. However, I have not tried this on my bare skin yet, I have only applied it on top of my foundation and other powders, and I find once I put it on my face, it just stuck there, I couldn't blend it or smooth it out and I felt as I was trying to smooth it out and spread it, it was removing the makeup from underneath, it probably wasn't, but since it has a liquid feel, it felt like it was washing my other makeup off. Also, I wasn't really sure what to do with the powder anyways, I used it as a highlighter, but since I couldn't spread it out it just looked like it was blobbed on my face instead of my face glowing and having beautiful colour. I will try this on my face when I have no foundation or other powder, which I'm sure will work out much better. As for the other colours, I did not purchase Truth & Light because it was too light and pale looking, and Cajun was too orange and coppery, so if you are going to purchase this, I would recommend Honey Rose since it has some beige/bronze and pink in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love with this! I ordered it in Honey Rose, and the color is perfect for the summer. I use it as a highlighter. It is bronzy in color but goes on fairly sheer, so that it even works on my super pale cool toned skin. I will definitely be getting this in Truth and Light as well. I love the way it feels when applied - it feels cool and like water! I hope MAC comes out with all over face powders with this same concept.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this in Honey Rose - I need another highlighter like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist since it IS 'magically cool' and feels like a spray of water when it hits your skin like the old Prescriptives Magic powder did, too. I'm olive skinned (and am really dark right now) but Honey Rose is a perfect pinky glowy powder. It can get a little glittery so I apply it with a 188 or 187, and I just poked some holes in the top of the container and shake a bit of it out onto the lid and apply from there. Gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

While I was at MAC, I swatched all three shades, but the most appealing shade to me was Honey Rose. Truth & Light appeared very sheer - almost invisible, with a slight white cast and slight shimmer. Cajun appeared to be a very pretty golden brown - somewhat similar to my Chanel Bronze Universel, but I wasn't sure of how well it would blend as an all over bronzer. Once it hits the skin, it dries almost instantly. I'm not sure if it was the bright fluorescent lighting, but Honey Rose looked gorgeous. It's a champagne pink with a frosty - almost golden sheen. It reminds me a little bit of Urban Decay Sin Eyeshadow. I thought it would a perfect highlight for my skintone (I'm around NC30 right now). I've never felt a product like these powders. Once applied to the skin, the powder feels wet and it dries to a powder almost instantly. Because it dries quickly, I can see how some find it hard to blend. I find that it works best with a duo fibre brush, such as the MAC 131 with a light touch. (I'm thinking a fan brush may work as well, tapped off to remove excess product before applying.) I like to stipple it on the heights of my cheekbones and then swirl to blend - slightly bringing it down on my cheeks. It works the best while my foundation is still a little damp on my skin. Also, it's a good idea to start out with a little product and then build it if you'd like more. You don't really feel the "wetness" when used very sparingly. Once it dries, it's not going anywhere. I find that this product lasts much longer than a powder highlighter. So far, I'm really liking it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the color Honey Rose. The color Truth & Light didn't show up on my skin. It is awesome (it does feel cool when applied to the skin) and looks beautiful as a highlight on my NC25 skin. I use a MAC 130 brush to apply it, then kind of blend it in a little with my fingers. It does go on kind of shiny and discoballish, so you have to kind of sheer it out. But I love the container, the color of the powder, the coolness, all of it! It is unique, and I always love when MAC does something really unique. I would repurchase (except that it's limited edition, so you can't).