Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 7/6/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily hooded eyelids and this is the worst liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. In my opinion, even the ELF $1 liquid eyeliner is better than this because this eyeliner smears like crazy. Even after 2-3 hours, the liner already started transferring to the top part of my eyelid. This is definitely not the dupe for the Stila liquid eyeliner.

Summary

CONS:
smears easily
the applicator is too long and not precise
gives raccoon eyes

PROS:
the price is decent

on 6/29/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great liquid eyeliner. It glides on and wears all day. As I've gotten older, it has been harder to wear liquid liner because it "squiggles" on my lash line, lol. This liner doesn't tug or skip on my crepey lids. It applies smoothly with little effort. The black is very black, and the tip is thin, so you can build your line width gradually. Love it!

on 6/18/2015 3:34:00 PM

The formula for this liner didn't work for me as it smudged terribly in like 2hrs, it was all over my lids. I have hooded eyelids that aren't that oily. This is definitely not a dupe for the stila eyeliner as the formula isn't up to par in term of staying power. The preciseness of the eyeliner is really good and it's relatively easy to use but it also does skip a bit. Works better if you draw your line in one stroke than using little strokes. My hopes were too high for this product.

on 6/15/2015 3:35:00 AM

Pros:
The long & thin applicator thing
Cons:
The formula (smudges easily & lacks pigmentation).

All I can say about this is:
Why bother with this eyeliner when there are other (much better) options available to us.

on 6/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

I know this is a cheap product, so you get what you pay for - but I thought this was crap.
** Terrible pigmentation
** dried out very quickly
** smudged/ran every time
** difficult to apply due to the product being very dry
It's not the worst I've ever tried but i won't ever repurchase.

on 6/11/2015 10:36:00 PM

I was wanting to branch out and try a different liner and because I am normally a big fan of Maybelline, I thought I would give this one a try. Needless to say, I am not a fan of this eyeliner in the slightest. It is without a doubt the worst liner I have ever used. It was constantly smudging. Right after I would apply it, a line would form above my eyelid even after applying a translucent powder base. While it did come out pretty pigmented at first, after a week or so it became much more dull and I would have to go over it a couple times. I could not take the smudging anymore and switched back to my L'oreal Linear Intense eyeliner and I have no idea why I wanted to try something different. Very disappointed in Maybelline's product.

on 6/9/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

my h.g. eyeliner. i've been using this for two years now and i don't have any intentions of stopping. it allows me to make the perfect wing, thin or thick. i can't really think of anything better than this, and it lasts all day on my extremely oily eyelids which is a plus. i want to say i've been through atleast 5 of these.

on 6/3/2015 8:41:00 AM

I did like this product but I found it ran out really quickly and would stop working when used over foundation so I couldn't justify keeping on buying it considering how quickly I went through the first one. It does a really precise line though and after reading other people's reviews I think I'll even try it again

on 6/3/2015 7:53:00 AM

this eyeliner is a staple for me!

i've been using the master precise liner for about two years and it has honestly been my best friend. the tip is so fine that you can get a flawless winged eye in like two seconds, however if you've got a bit of a shaky hand you might have to apply with care. i personally find that it lasts pretty much all day on me without a primer, which is fab. it looks amazing when you use it to draw a super thin line at the base of the top lashes.

my one complaint is that this tip of the liner seems to dry up a little too quickly. i haven't had much experience with other felt tip liners so i'm not sure how long they should generally last, but within about three weeks' time the tip draws fainter line. with frequent use, the liner itself lasts about 4 months until it becomes unusable, but it isn't as good without the really defined effect of the tip if that makes sense.

however, you can get this for under $AUD13 at some pharmacies so it's a complete steal considering the quality!

pros:
- lasts all day
- superfine tip makes for a perfect application
- great value for money

cons:
- if you have a shaky hand, this might be tricky for you to apply
- the tip dries up within a few weeks of frequent use, making application less defined

on 5/20/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this. i go through them really quickly though. but theyre good for the price. they are easy to use and long lasting (not waterproof though). but for this price point i think they can't be beaten