Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

purchased this liner when my Kat von d tattoo liner dried up, thought I'd give it a try bc it seemed similar I really love it, its easy to apply (very similar to tattoo liner) and dries fast! lasts all day and I love the look of it definitely will be buying again !

It stays on way too well. It's not waterproof so it should come off with water but if I use my face wash and water i am left with black everywhere and I end up having to use waterproof makeup remover, which I don't want (it's hard to get it off my hand even with soap). Also the felt tip doesn't draw properly at the tip so I cannot make small flicks. I can write all over my hand to draw the liner into the tip but then I'm using so much liquid on my hand and have to keep doing it. I won't be buying again.

LOVE this eyeliner. It has awesome staying power, It doesn't fade away and you can create a nice wing with it. I have hooded eyes so I usually do thin eyeliner close to my lash line and this is very easy to use. I would buy this again.

I generally avoid drug store eyeliners, but I received this as a gift. I did not like it at all, I found that it wears away oddly, I applied it and a hour later the wings of my eyeliner had started to fade away ; the only part that remind solid black was the liner right against my lash line. Heaven forbid you make a mistake, when you go to correct it, it smudges all over.

Pros
Affordable

Con
Smudges easily
Colour fades from a dark black to a gray black within a half hour of applying
Feathers away into nothing
Transfers easily.
Brush tip is flimsy after a couple of uses
Gives raccoon eyes if any moisture touches it.

This eyeliner is definitely one of the better ones on the drugstore market. What I love about it is that it is so easy to apply and if you're someone who is intimidated by liquid eyeliners this is so good at getting a thin natural line as well as building it up and creating a wing. It is one of the best eyeliners for making your skills seem better than they are and unlike other eyeliners I've tried you can get the line tight to your eyelashes and apply it thinly which is perfect for making your eyelashes seem thicker. The con of this however is that it is not extremely black and I do have to go over it more than once. Overall though this is a staple product in my collection and use it everyday as it's that one eyeliner I can rely on to get the job done quickly without fuss and messy application.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This has got to be one of my favorite drugstore liquid eyeliners. Super pigmented(for a drugstore brand), easy to use, very reasonably priced and lastly the durability, I have been using this liner for over 6 months already with constant use, and it still hasn't dried out yet.

The eyeliner is super easy to create a nice wing. The color is a nice dark black which I like. However, it smudges super easily and the liner does not last for more than 3 hours at most. It seems like almost immediately after I apply the liner, it starts to blend in with my eyeshadow and disappear. I would not repurchase.

This was my first eyeliner pen after many years of using gel eyeliner. For the first couple of days, it glided on nicely. I did notice right away, however, that the way the tip was shaped made it more difficult to apply because the applicator tip is way to long. 1 month later and I totally regret purchasing this eyeliner because it is so hard to work with. The tip is quite dry now and the only part that delivers pigmented color is close to the base of he applicator tip. The tip itself is very flimsy and delivers no color. I think it would've been nicer if instead of such a long tip that is prone to drying up, Maybelline would've created a shorter tip that consistently delivered nice pigmentation.

As for the quality of the product, I would say it's ok at best. I put it on in the morning along with eyeshadow and by 3 pm it is smudged in my inner corners and the line begins to look spotty. The packaging is nice and slip, but I wish they would have made it so that you could attach the cap to the end of the pen, like a marker, because it would be very easy to lose and then you would be screwed.

In conclusion, don't buy it. It's not worth the money and it is a hassle to put it on.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite part about this liner is the length of the tip. It's longer than most which makes for a light and easy application for my heavy hands. Applies product in a thin layer and when I want to go over the line it glides easily especially at the wing.

Update: tried using this again and it didn't glide smooth at all. I had to reach for my Stila one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this one. I really like having an eyeliner pen instead of a gel liner because it's just easier to draw out the line I want. I like that it goes from thick to thin so I can get my wings out easily. However sometimes the tip becomes a little bit hard to work with because it's so thin. You have to really press hard to get it to work, otherwise it stops midway through your wing and looks weird. It's good for a simple wing but not if you were to do something a bit more dramatic that you needed actual precision for (Ironic, considering the name). It smudges until it's completely dry so you really have to becareful. As far as staying put, I've had eyeliners that literally run down onto my water line right away, but this stays for quite sometime, usually throughout a 6 hour school day. But after that it starts getting a little smudged. I think I'd buy this again as a regular eyeliner to line my eyes with, but as for wings or cat eyes or anything that you have to be precise about, I don't think so. I'm sure there's better out there.