Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery

4.3

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought a mini set from sephora that included this color. it's a flattering red on my nc40 tan skin. not bright but it's not deep either. Pretty true red. I wore this for 2 different Thanksgiving dinners and looked beautiful at the end of the night, full on color and fading a tiny bit in the very corners. I really enjoy the formula of these. They're not watery but still more liquid then mouse-y. Dries matte. I wear a light balm underneath and I don't find them uncomfortable and I have dry lips. starts to feel a little drying (not uncomfortable) after about 5-6 hours. WHICH IS AWESOME!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For me, red lips are a new territory. I've only ever owned one red lipstick before and that was from the brand NYC. I heard about the Stila Stay All Day liquid lipsticks and knew I wanted to try them, but wasn't sure which shade to choose. The only ones that stood out to me were Firey and Patina. I chose Firey over Patina because I already have a lipstick that looks identical in color to Patina. This product was $23 at Ulta.

This liquid lipstick comes in a clear plastic tube with a black cap. Comes with a standard doe-foot applicator. This stuff is PIGMENTED AF. You need barely any at all for a completely opaque finish. The color is a deep matte red. It's not bright fire engine red but not super vampy red. It's the perfect in between. I have to use a lip liner when applying it but you might not have to if you can work with liquid lipsticks/vivid colors like a boss.

Formula wise... it applies wet and dries down to a matte finish. For me, when it dries (it does so very quickly) it's not uncomfortable at all. It lasts all day... I have to slightly touch up after eating something greasy or something like ice cream. But it stays on through drinking, snacking, and kissing amazingly well. This liquid lipstick contains beneficial ingredients such as avocado oil and vitamin e.

In my opinion, the best part is the scent. It smells like buttercream frosting but has no lingering taste (I wouldn't mind if it did!)

If you are looking for that perfect red that would suit practically any skin tone, then I HIGHLY recommend this one. Red lips can be so hard to maintain but this makes them as effortless as possible.

This does what it says, it stays all day. It lasted throughout a ceremony, a gallery opening, photos in the heat, copious amounts of wine, eating and talking. I thought it would disappear at the center of my lips after all that but when I went to the powder room to touch after about 5 hours it was still as red as when I applied it! And for my skin tone (olive/medium/yellow) this shade was perfect. I tend to avoid red lipsticks but this one actually looked good.

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

THIS STUFF STAYS ALL DAY! I touched up once in over 12 hours! Absolutely love!

Olive NC20-25, black hair, brown eyes for reference.

I splurged and bought this in February for both my birthday and a Valentine's Day dinner with my now ex-boyfriend (being that we're both students and fairly broke, McDonalds tended to be our date food of choice). I wanted a deep, Old Hollywood blue-red that could withstand a full school day (6am-4pm) and still get through fast food, because if there's one way to test lipstick... it's chicken nuggets.

I'd previously tried the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01 Always Red (it matches Stila's Beso), but although I'd received compliments from women and the ex-boyfriend (who has always preferred a brighter red where I only think darker reds suit me) alike, I felt like it was too 'loud' for me. I did regret that later, but I'm probably going to purchase Beso tomorrow anyway.

Fiery held up throughout the day quite perfectly--it did leave a ring on my hand when I checked to see if it transferred after about 4 hours--but stupid me tried to reapply on top of what was already there. I experienced uncomfortable drying, and balling up in some places--don't even try to lick your lips with this.

It *did* hold up and not transfer too much on my ex, though, so I have to give it credit for that. However, when we were busy eating a box of fifty nuggets, apparently I managed to get a few visible crumbs on my lips that I didn't realize were there until my photographer of an ex (-_-) sent me some pictures later on. Luckily, I managed to avoid the dreaded ring of lipstick despite the nuggets being pretty greasy.

I recently rediscovered Fiery when I learned one of my WOC friends has been rocking deep purple liquid lipstick on the daily, as well as with the release of the Anastasia of Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks. Despite my initial issues with dry lips and whatnot, I actually really love this product and plan to wear it much more often in the future.

Color-wise, Sephora's Color Lip Last in No. 20 Wanted Red is pretty much an exact dupe, and the formula is pretty much the same in that after blotting once the lipstick barely transfers, it's just in a stick instead of a tube.

I do put on MAC's Brick lip pencil after moisturizing and blotting my lips, just because it's my staple red lip liner and I would make a mess of my lip line otherwise. It does help to take some concealer and trace around your lips after the liquid lipstick dries down (for Stila, I'd give it up to 5 minutes even, just to be safe--put on some mascara in the meantime) to ensure you have a crisp edge. Because those Instagram makeup posts are pretty amazing, am I right?

Just to reiterate everyone else with liquid lipstick formulas, you want to avoid food that's too greasy, applying on top of lip balm (definitely blot so it isn't greasy either), and reapplying on top of what's already fully dried down--keep it to a two-layer maximum. If you do everything just right, and you're fine with having fairly dry lips--my lips are already dry as the Sahara Desert, and I still love the velvety finish of the Stila Stay All Day liquid lipsticks--you will probably fall in love with this formula as much as I have.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pin up glam! I got this in a Dancing W The Stars set (came w Lionfish eyeliner, some eyeshadows, & a cheek color that can double as blush or bronzer)...I got it at Ulta awhile ago but it's still going strong & really pretty when u wear it all together. 2 things out of my usual "zone" are brown eyeliner & then also red lipstick! But Stila has effortlessly combined these & it's safe to say that this is my fave red lipstick I own. It will not budge unless you eat something oily & I take it off w clinique's take the day off oil but to get those crisp lines necessary I take Rimmel ScandalEyes 005 Nude eyeliner (which I also use to clean up my brows!) & I trace around my lipline w that pencil & voilá clean lines & then also patting some concealer in over it. I just ordered Bellissima today coz I love how long wearing these are. Fiery is a wearable red not too garish. I don't normally go for dark/bright colors but this is not goth or vampy. Very classy! It dries fast to matte perfection, this tube I have from the set isn't full sized but these last forever. The doe foot gives ultimate precision. I am a big Stila fan!! Stila is a fun line to collect! With so many of these kinds of lippies popping up (KvD, LimeCrime, ABH etc) I have nothing to compare this to but Stila has always been a fave of mine in general & I am line loyal to a few lines. It retails for USD$22 currently & there aren't a lot of colors (& a few sold out), I hope Stila comes out w sum more (also love their lip glazes fwiw.)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

"Love LOVE L O V E", and this is exactly how I feel about this product minus the hefty price tag. Somone had told me about the product type for another color she had tried. I was more interested in ordering in a LimeCrime Velvetine. But then I went into Sephora for a skincare product and ofcourse wandered across some make up displays and paused at Stila as I remembered the product I heard great reviews about. So picked my fav color red and did a swap swap, and looked at the mirror and was I blown away. WOW, POW, BAMM. I have 2 other red's from Revlon, they too have a matte finish. But I feel that this lipstick glides on differently (gloss style) and then drys to a perfect matte. I can't vouch for it's longevity, flaking or feathering as I wore it for only an hour (will update). 1 thing I don't like much about lipstick is that sometimes it makes that weird line where the 2 lips meet, like that part just got parched and dried up and the gunk there stuck to your lip. I am hoping this type of lipstick will not do that, but again, we'll see.
AT $29 a pop this thing is pretty steep. I'm just glad I had a credit from a gift return that I got to use towards this, so paid only $13. So this thing better stretch out my $$$$

First of, I know that many reviews have pointed out that this red is a "true" red and of course, we all have our own opinions of what a "true" red should be. I compared Fiery with my other red lipsticks, NYX's Alabama and Perfect Red, and concluded that Fiery has more purple in them than the other two. So if you're curious to know what this color's base, there you go!

Let me start the review. As a recent red lipstick lover, I was pretty excited when I received this color as a gift. Though I was apprehensive at first since I prefer blue-reds, I was doubly excited when I applied the color onto my lips. The pigmentation is amazing for an item that looks and feels like a gloss. My lips are pretty pink on their own but Fiery covered it all up and turned them into this beautiful deep red color. When it dried to a matte finish, I was even happier! The doe-foot applicator was a dream to use -- not too firm and not too flimsy to handle.

However, there are some less appealing factors about this lipstick in general. Since it needs to live up to its claim of "Stay All Day", the matte finish can be very drying and will settle into the lines on lips. Since Fiery is a dark color, the lines were not prominent on me but I can imagine them being so with a lighter color. So if you're particular about such issues, you might want to reconsider. Personally, I did not have any issues with dryness after removing the lipstick.

To remove the lipstick, I blot out as much of the excess product as possible, rub a generous amount of Vaseline onto my lips and clean with an oil-based make-up cleanser.

I have this in beso. I got it in my birch box. It's not the best shade for me. I think it'd look good on someone darker than me. it dries very quickly so it can be easy to mess up. and it feels uncomfortably dry on lips without balm over it. I think that stains like this are just not my thing. I understand why a lot of gals love this though.

This lipstick is perfection! One of my faborite products! It goes on like lip gloss and dries to a perfect matte finish. Let me tell you about the shade of red though!! GORGEOUS!! The perfect red velvet lip in this little tube! & it stays on all day!!

Recommended for Medium Skin