July 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Lipstick - Stila - Long Wear Liquid Lip Color in Fiery

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First of, I know that many reviews have pointed out that this red is a "true" red and of course, we all have our own opinions of what a "true" red should be. I compared Fiery with my other red lipsticks, NYX's Alabama and Perfect Red, and concluded that Fiery has more purple in them than the other two. So if you're curious to know what this color's base, there you go!

Let me start the review. As a recent red lipstick lover, I was pretty excited when I received this color as a gift. Though I was apprehensive at first since I prefer blue-reds, I was doubly excited when I applied the color onto my lips. The pigmentation is amazing for an item that looks and feels like a gloss. My lips are pretty pink on their own but Fiery covered it all up and turned them into this beautiful deep red color. When it dried to a matte finish, I was even happier! The doe-foot applicator was a dream to use -- not too firm and not too flimsy to handle.

However, there are some less appealing factors about this lipstick in general. Since it needs to live up to its claim of "Stay All Day", the matte finish can be very drying and will settle into the lines on lips. Since Fiery is a dark color, the lines were not prominent on me but I can imagine them being so with a lighter color. So if you're particular about such issues, you might want to reconsider. Personally, I did not have any issues with dryness after removing the lipstick.

To remove the lipstick, I blot out as much of the excess product as possible, rub a generous amount of Vaseline onto my lips and clean with an oil-based make-up cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in beso. I got it in my birch box. It's not the best shade for me. I think it'd look good on someone darker than me. it dries very quickly so it can be easy to mess up. and it feels uncomfortably dry on lips without balm over it. I think that stains like this are just not my thing. I understand why a lot of gals love this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by lesliexbane

This lipstick is perfection! One of my faborite products! It goes on like lip gloss and dries to a perfect matte finish. Let me tell you about the shade of red though!! GORGEOUS!! The perfect red velvet lip in this little tube! & it stays on all day!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES YES YES. I have this in Fiery and Beso (I think the actual name of the product is "Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick") and I adore them both.
I always try to find great matte reds that a. don't feather and b. don't dry out my lips. These answer that call.
I use a thin layer of balm underneath, which surprisingly, does not effect staying power. They are difficult to get off, but I just use a cotton pad with olive oil and I'm fine.
The longevity is insane. It really does last for a good few hours. If I eat something oily, slight touchup is needed, but otherwise, it stays put. No feathering. No major transferring. Nothing. It's lovely.
Fiery is a great deep red that harks back to the early 90's and I love it. Beso is a bright, classic, true red that is so pinup I can hardly deal.
They are pricey, but considering how little I have to reapply, I don't really mind.
Packaging is great. Glass, so it feels classy, and the longer, angled doe-foot applicator actually makes applying it a breeze for me. I use the pointier end to line my lips first, then fill in the rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by KacieLuebke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went into Ulta and asked one of the ladies to reccommend me a matte red lipstick. She instantly chose this product, so I bought it without even trying it. I LOVE IT! it dries fairly quickly and lasts alllll day for me. The only worry I had when purchasing was that it would get dry and start to look gross...but no balm and i'll lick my lips all day and it stays looking as perfect as when I applied. My only complaint is the applicator itself...its too large and makes it very easy to mess up with such a bright color. You have to be very careful when applying since it is so bright and will dry/stain pretty quickly. I just use my own lip brush. Also if you do use the applicator it comes with make sure you wipe it on the mouth of the tube because you only need 1/4 of what sticks to it! I will definitely return to this product and would reccommend to anyone

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this out at Sephora because I saw it featured in a magazine but this shade is definitely not for me. It was way to bright for my taste, it is a true red ( I am an NC 43). The MA applied this on me but she smeared it a little by mistake and because it sets so fast, it was difficult to get off.I had red marks all around my mouth and had to use several makeup wipes to get it off.

This is a color that you want people to notice, it is not subtle at all. I tried another shade of this formula , Amore which for me is much more wearable but I am not sold on the matte appearance of this lipstick, I like a little more moisture on my lips so I opted not to buy either one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I have been previously using MAC's Ruby Woo as my "everyday" lipstick, but my sister gave me this as 1 of her presents last Christmas, and honestly, I haven't picked up RW since! The advantage of Stila over RW is that it is not as drying, I can apply this to my lips without putting on a lip balm and no flaking/clumping occurs. Also, the staying power is incredible! However, the doe foot applicator isn't the best way to apply the product, I recommend using a lip brush not only for a more precise application, but also to use less of the product. The tube is quite sizeable so I think it will last me for a good 4-6months, but trust me, as soon as I run out, I shall definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

I had high hopes, but this product just doesn't work for me. It does wear pretty well but it also sets very fast--you have to get the application right on the first try, every time. The doe-foot applicator makes that a bit difficult. I felt this did sink into my lips pretty well and didn't simply sit on top of my skin, but was pretty drying. The matte finish and texture just wasn't a match for me. The staying power was pretty good but I did notice some rubbing off on food and drinks. The good news is that it didn't have any weird fading/clumping/peeling!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mizzfitzp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip product. It's a very pretty matte blue toned red. It is very drying, but I always use a clear lip balm before applying, and it helps a bit. I also recommend applying this with a lip brush instead of the doe foot applicator, the product dries quickly and if you make a mistake its very hard to remove. With that said this product will last you all through the night!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by michellejoymercado

i asked my friend to buy me this product. i really love stila long wear lippies! i got fiery, coral and muse. i lost mine caprice tho,it is HIGHLY pigmented and stay for hours! i gave a 4 for overall rating. not perfect coz it makes ur lips too dry however, just use a balm before applying this lippy and still makes ur lips supple and matte. love the packaging as well! its under bluetone red. be uploading review on my page so check it out
xoxo.