July 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Be Legendary in Infrared Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Sarakates

I love this lipstick! My usual go to red is MACs viva la glam 1; however, this shade has replaced it! It has incredible staying power, makes my teeth appear whiter, and is an all around great color for my fair skin/dark features. I wore this to a dinner party and I checked my makeup on the way home after about 3 hours+ wearing it and it was still on! No feathering and no bleeding. Will highly recommend for a night out or if you are just feeling sassy at the grocery store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryHead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's the most perfect matte red lipstick ever!
* Stays on for a long time
* Soft consistency
* Beautiful packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect matte red! Of all the red lipsticks I've tried, this is hands-down my favorite. The texture is very light but the color payoff is excellent. It is a beautiful true red, not too orange or too pink, and even though it's a matte formula, I don't find it drying at all. If you're looking for just the right red, this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

I had been looking for a good red lipstick for a while that made my teeth look whiter and I've definitely found it!
The packaging feels nice to the touch and solid but I've found that it scratches quite easily in my bag so i'll probably have to put it in it's own compartment, but that's neither here nor there.
The product itself is very long lasting and pigmented. I've never had a problem with dry lips so I can't comment on whether it would be drying for many other people, but give it a go because the colour pay off and wear is very good.
Like other red lipsticks, it's probably not one you want to try putting on without a mirror unless you've done it successfully before, but the shape and size of the lipstick allows precise application without a brush so it's handy to slip into a clutch.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by medusacascade0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best red lipstick ever. It's absolutely brilliant. I'm pretty tanned, asian with yellow undertones (NC40 for reference) and on me it looks a perfect bright red, not too dark. On my very pale friend, it seems to transform entirely; it becomes a gorgeous deep blue toned red. Flattering to all skin tones! It has a gorgeous velvety matte finish that's just perfect.

It lasts for absolutely hours - I'm the kind of person who's always too too lazy to reapply, and I can go a good three or four hours whilst talking, eating and drinking and it'll be perfectly fine, but despite this it doesn't dry out your lips - at least, not nearly as much as some of my MAC lipsticks.

The packaging is a tiny bit on the bulkier side in comparison to MAC lipsticks, but is still sleek and practical. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I found this lipstick while I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick to contrast my porcelain skin. I went to Ulta and tried all the bright red lipsticks from the high end brands on my hand. I was looking for the brightest, creamiest, most pigmented red. This is the one I picked. It was expensive, but boy am I glad I made that purchase!! This is my HG red lipstick. It's so creamy and pigmented, it just slides on with the brightest red you could imagine. I can see this color being universally flattering on many different skin tones. I would buy this again and again. It is slightly drying just like pretty much every lipstick, but much better than other ones I have tried. The packaging is sleek and chic. It is a matte lipstick so it's not too shiny, just a pop of bold color. I love this lipstick!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by MissZaiirah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Loved this shade alot!!! the first time i put it on my lips it made me fall in love with it that i found myself in the cashier station paying for it already. It is nice because the color stays long even after eating, I'm a fair lady and i love the intense red color on my lips when wearing it, it makes me feel like a supermodel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm amazed there are no reviews on this product thus far!! I had to add it on! This is a classic retro super-matte saturated red lipstick. The packaging is lovely, a square matte black tube with a gunmetal tube inside when the cap is removed. The price is very reasonable as compared with other brands. The colour is easily applicable, creamy, I apply it with a lip brush following the wonderful Lisa Eldridge's method of matte red lipstick application. It is slightly drying, as are most matte lipsticks, but lip balm underneath any lipstick is a must anyway...but I still gave the product 4 lippies because I have other matte lipsticks which don't dry me out as much (such as Autumn by Elizabeth Arden). The colour is an absolute bombshell sexy standout and I'd been looking for a classic matte red lipstick for a while, after having being on a nostalgic 90's trip. I'd wear this with a bit of reddish-pink blusher, soft smoked out thin black eyeliner, a bit of brown eyeshadow in my eyelid crease but nothing too over-the-top. I have no feedback as yet about lasting power as I've only worn it for a short night out with a friend and it was really only for 3 hrs...using the lip brush method as endorsed by L.E. really makes it last though, because it forms a good stain on your lips. This is also a kind of standout red that doesn't make my NC40 tan Indian skin look too sallow or yellow-grayish. It's very sexy and I think the biggest factor in pulling off a red lipstick is confidence, so put this on and go!