Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ceramide 3, Sphingolipids, Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis) Oil, Rose Hips Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Hazelnut (Corylus Americana) Oil, Borage (Borago Officinalis) Seed Oil, Kukui (Aleurites Moluccana) Nut Oil, Cherry (Prunus Avium) Pit Oil, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Dioctyl Succinate, Peg-8, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Lithospermum Officinale Root Extract, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil, Geranium (Geranium Maculatum) Oil, Rose Geranium (Pelargonium Roseum) Oil, Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Oil, Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Oil, Orange (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) Peel Oil, Petitgrain (Citrus Reticulata) Oil, Amyris (Amyris Balsamifera) Oil, Benzoin Siam Absolute, Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Oil, Bois De Rose (Aniba Rosaeodora) Oil, Cedar (Thuja Occidentalis) Leaf Oil, Ylang Ylang (Cananga Odorata) Oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

If you have oily skin, this is not the product for you!

For those of you with dry skin, it is worth a shot. It is a very rich and hydrating primer, the most hydrating I have ever tried.

I have very dry skin. Flakes are a constant battle for me.

But this was too much for my skin. It made my foundation "slide" and had my under-eye concealer looking patchy and terrible within a few hours. (my HG nars concealer didn't work with this at all) While the primer did keep flakes away, my makeup overall looked much worse. Disappointing, because I expect a primer to extend wear-time, not reduce it. It made my foundation fade very quickly.

By the end of the day, I had skin with visibly clogged pores. (and white bumps of gunk all over my chin!) This was a first for me!

It is the type of product that you need to give time to absorb properly. Initially I assumed that I was using too much maybe, or not giving it enough time before foundation. But after some experimentation, this just wasn't the case. No matter what I did, same results.

The scent is strong, and didn't fade. I was smelling it all day long. It is strong lavender scented - something I didn't enjoy at all. The packaging is also problematic. My bottle started leaking almost immediately, and left an oil ring on my makeup area.

For this price, it was a return. I decided my money was better spent on a fantastic moisturizer and nighttime serum. I am glad I returned. I managed to find a regimen that keeps me moisturized without clogging my pores.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This product is the BOMB for anyone with dry skin!!!! No seriously, it's friggin' amazing.

28 different skin loving oils? Yes please! This also sinks into the skin fast which is a hard thing to find in an oil. This products works as both a primer and serum, which rocks. For colder days I will use this under makeup as a primer but I mainly use this as a serum at night, usually 2X's a week, and it puts the moisture balance back into my skin like a champ.

I don't know if people with normal or oily prone skin would be into this primer/serum at all, as it's so oil heavy. But if your skin is dry I say you have to try it! Go for the smaller "travel size" (8ML) bottle which runs around $22. Even though I adore this product enough to actually pay full price for a larger bottle ($65 for 30ML) I feel like in an effort to ensure the oils stay fresh I will continue buying the small size. This may sound like a waste of money to not just get the bigger size, however, if it goes old or looses potency it really wasn't a savings at all LOL so I'd rather not risk it. Plus the small will last forever and a day anyhow as a little goes a long way.

This is a great primer, I dont use it daily but when my skin is feeling dehydrated or I want a more dewy look then this is a great pick up. I find it quite nourishing and leaves my skin really soft. It is more of a dewy look but I find it doesn't create any more oiliness than I would have if I didnt use it, makeup glides on so easily after applying this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

As much as I like this primer and the way it makes my skin feel I HATE the packaging! I don't know how or why but both bottles I have purchased leaked. What made me the most upset is that I save the packaging on my LE blushes and of course, this was in the drawer with them. I don't plan on buying it again, but if I do I'll be putting it in a clean moisturizer jar. Maybe that way I'll actually get use out of a whole bottle :-(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

pros:
- smell is amazing, like lavender
- so so so hydrating
- available in smaller travel size (i love that because i take ages to go through a 30ml bottle of anything)

cons:
- doesn't extend the wear of my foundation
- very expensive

repurchase: yes. i love this stuff under makeup, especially in the winter when my skin is drier. it helps hydrate so i don't have dry patches showing through my makeup as the day goes on. it doesn't create the smooth canvas that a silicone primer does, but i prefer mattifying primers for summer. love this stuff!

I have just brought a bottle of this, and tried to apply it a few times. It just sticks to my face, making it Impossiable to apply foundation. Even after letting it settle into the skin. My skin is dry. I don't understand if I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else have any similar experiances?

O my! LOVE this! I tried it on my hand at sephora and i was rubbing and rubbing and it was SO soft! So i bought the smaller size (from experience, their primers expire very quickly i think, i had the mineral veil in a small bottle too and within 6 months the smell changed a lot).

So back to the product, this feels siliconey on the skin but nothing like smashbox for instance, it's very smoothing and hydrating and the foundation just glides over it. I also noticed that my foundation and bronzer lasted a lot longer on my skin which is usually not the case.

It is very watery, so be careful with the pump, and half a pump is usualyl okay for the whole face.

Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The make up gods have finally answered my prayers ! Now I have been through my share of primers trust me you name it I've tried it and some of the best brands and nothing can handle my flakey dry at the same time oily - acne prone - sensitive to fragrance and everything else for that matter skin. This wowed me. I usually test primers out on days that I work to see how they hold up. Now this was suggested to me by a girl at sephora - she told me for my skin I need more then a primer I need a serum for more hydration but has primer qualities and that's what I got. This stuff is truly amazing. I got a sample because I was a little apprehensive because of the price but I tested it out because I'm desperate. Minimized my pores - made my make up go on smooth - controlled most of my oil but didn't make me more oily - no flakes - no breakouts - at the end of the day my make up was flawless. Yes I still get oily but not crazy oily my make up doesn't look like crap at the end of the night. Honestly this is worth the price and I would highly re commend to anyone with skin like mine. One pump goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product for the fact that I have ultra dry skin and it certainly helps to maintain the flakiness of winter and Retin-A. I don't however think it works that great at keeping makeup in place. The Hourglass Mineral Veil does a better job at that but won't moisturize as well. I have't found a better primer so I will continue to use this until I find something else I like. It's also the most expensive primer I've ever purchased. i don't mind spending money but something about spending a lot on a primer urks me but the product supposedly has ingredients that help maintain skin overall.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful primer to use under heavier cream type foundations, my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and Bobbi Brown Stick foundations especially look great over this. Nothing smooths my dry patches quite like this does. In the summertime I can get too oily if I wear this all over, but in the fall and winter it is the PERFECT primer for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors