November 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Conditioner - Shea Moisture - Organic African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I much prefer the purification masque to this. This leaves my hair fuzzy looking after it air-dries, however it does soften and detangle well with adequate slip. It has a peppery banana bubblegum smell to it (Best way I can describe the scent) that you will either love or hate and it does seem to help my scalp when it is feeling a bit dry. It just isn't moisturizing as much as I would have wanted now that my hair is color-treated. It worked much better when my hair was more healthy. It is not bad, just not a good formulation for my hair right now. It does provide some weight so those with thicker hair might like this and it isn't dullling. Does it make a good scalp treatment? I would say yes it does. I let it sit in my hair for three to five minutes before rinsing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this conditioner as a co wash! Its moisturizing and detangles my hair easily! If you have hair that is unmanageble, this conditioner will manage it and the bonus is it can be used as a pre poo. I really don't like the smell but this one is a definite keeper for my co wash routine.

*Update: Since I now use Terressentials mud wash, the conditioner is useless now. The mud wash removes the coating the conditioner would leave. I returned back and received a refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this conditioner with its companion shampoo, Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo. I can't say that the conditioner helps with my scalp itch, because I always use them together. It's moisturizing enough for me. Since I have naturally curly hair, my hair stays thirsty. So, I use Sojourn's Smooth Conditioner as a leave-in.