Lancome L'Absolu Rouge - Exotic Orchid

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

LOVE and have used this for many years now out of an arsenal of lipsticks I have this one in my vanity and purse, and use it most! it's hydrating more then a balm - as far as my lips staying smooth w/no heavy feel. It's not long lasting but its okay. None are on me and long lasting lippies dry my lips bad. This color is just perfect, not too red not to blue not to deep not to light w/perfect mild shimmer.. barely seen. I love the kind of high end rose like scent...it's the loveliest shade for my lips when wanting not to stand out but look pretty ...kinda YLBB, good for any occasion, daily lipstick. I's better then the high-enders I have tried! and feels so good on...very good.

I think this is my new favorite lipstick. It is gorgeous! It's a MLBB elegant rose color with a hint of warm red and pink, and just enough microshimmer to add depth and volume to lips. I don't see the purple or mauve the other two reviewers saw. I have very yellow undertone skin, so maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. On my fair NC10 skin color, it is a nice pop of color, and depending on the lighting it can sometimes lean toward a reddish rose, and other times lean more warm/bold pinky rose ..... but never over the top vibrant or clownish (which can be a big problem for me because I am so pale). Yet it is so wearable that I don't even need lipliner or anything with it. It just looks beautiful and natural, and yet still has a gorgeous pop of color on me. I love it!! :)

I hesitate to even call it "rose" because rose sounds so plain and ordinary, and this lippy is sooo pretty! It's like superhero rose. Or rose on Red Bull. Haha! But seriously .... it's truly lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Similar to Rose Petale of the same line, but more purple and slightly darker. Versatile: apply normally to look older and more polished; apply as a stain to look younger and more natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I originally bought this looking to replace a freebie Lancome lipstick I received in a gift with purchase, Crushed Rose. Sephora doesn't sell this anymore, so I swatched until I found the closest thing; Exotic Orchid. There are MUA reviews for Crushed Rose in the Rouge Sensation line, but I don't think this exists anymore. There is a Crushed Rose in the L'Absolu line on the Lancome website, but I didn't want to risk $30 on something that might not be what I was looking for. Anyhow, this is my perfect MLBB lipstick. My lips are fairly pigmented, but this gives them a very natural 'oomph'. The texture is very nice and creamy, non-drying, and the scent doesn't bug me. It's a very nice, neutral to cool mauve-y berry color, and would probably work on many skin tones. I have fair to medium neutral skin and blonde hair, and this is very flattering. I can't say I love the packaging; It's very plain Jane, and there's no YSL decadence with application. Still, the product inside is well worth it. The tube has a magnetic closure, which I guess is nice. There are extremely fine shimmer particles in the stick, but you can't really see them on your lips. I don't think the name Exotic Orchid really fits; there isn't really anything exotic about it, and I usually associate the word 'exotic' with bright or strange, and the word 'orchid' with purple. This is none of those things.

Recommended for Medium Skin