October 25, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L'Absolu Rouge - Exotic Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Similar to Rose Petale of the same line, but more purple and slightly darker. Versatile: apply normally to look older and more polished; apply as a stain to look younger and more natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this looking to replace a freebie Lancome lipstick I received in a gift with purchase, Crushed Rose. Sephora doesn't sell this anymore, so I swatched until I found the closest thing; Exotic Orchid. There are MUA reviews for Crushed Rose in the Rouge Sensation line, but I don't think this exists anymore. There is a Crushed Rose in the L'Absolu line on the Lancome website, but I didn't want to risk $30 on something that might not be what I was looking for. Anyhow, this is my perfect MLBB lipstick. My lips are fairly pigmented, but this gives them a very natural 'oomph'. The texture is very nice and creamy, non-drying, and the scent doesn't bug me. It's a very nice, neutral to cool mauve-y berry color, and would probably work on many skin tones. I have fair to medium neutral skin and blonde hair, and this is very flattering. I can't say I love the packaging; It's very plain Jane, and there's no YSL decadence with application. Still, the product inside is well worth it. The tube has a magnetic closure, which I guess is nice. There are extremely fine shimmer particles in the stick, but you can't really see them on your lips. I don't think the name Exotic Orchid really fits; there isn't really anything exotic about it, and I usually associate the word 'exotic' with bright or strange, and the word 'orchid' with purple. This is none of those things.