December 22, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L'Absolu Rouge - Exotic Orchid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

I think this is my new favorite lipstick. It is gorgeous! It's a MLBB elegant rose color with a hint of warm red and pink, and just enough microshimmer to add depth and volume to lips. I don't see the purple or mauve the other two reviewers saw. I have very yellow undertone skin, so maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. On my fair NC10 skin color, it is a nice pop of color, and depending on the lighting it can sometimes lean toward a reddish rose, and other times lean more warm/bold pinky rose ..... but never over the top vibrant or clownish (which can be a big problem for me because I am so pale). Yet it is so wearable that I don't even need lipliner or anything with it. It just looks beautiful and natural, and yet still has a gorgeous pop of color on me. I love it!! :)

I hesitate to even call it "rose" because rose sounds so plain and ordinary, and this lippy is sooo pretty! It's like superhero rose. Or rose on Red Bull. Haha! But seriously .... it's truly lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Similar to Rose Petale of the same line, but more purple and slightly darker. Versatile: apply normally to look older and more polished; apply as a stain to look younger and more natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this looking to replace a freebie Lancome lipstick I received in a gift with purchase, Crushed Rose. Sephora doesn't sell this anymore, so I swatched until I found the closest thing; Exotic Orchid. There are MUA reviews for Crushed Rose in the Rouge Sensation line, but I don't think this exists anymore. There is a Crushed Rose in the L'Absolu line on the Lancome website, but I didn't want to risk $30 on something that might not be what I was looking for. Anyhow, this is my perfect MLBB lipstick. My lips are fairly pigmented, but this gives them a very natural 'oomph'. The texture is very nice and creamy, non-drying, and the scent doesn't bug me. It's a very nice, neutral to cool mauve-y berry color, and would probably work on many skin tones. I have fair to medium neutral skin and blonde hair, and this is very flattering. I can't say I love the packaging; It's very plain Jane, and there's no YSL decadence with application. Still, the product inside is well worth it. The tube has a magnetic closure, which I guess is nice. There are extremely fine shimmer particles in the stick, but you can't really see them on your lips. I don't think the name Exotic Orchid really fits; there isn't really anything exotic about it, and I usually associate the word 'exotic' with bright or strange, and the word 'orchid' with purple. This is none of those things.