July 30, 2014 | 1150 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Pom Pom

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by gryphonwolf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Out of all the nail polish colors I own I've always owned the last number of pinks, it's just not my color. However I decided to take a chance on this in a swap and boy am I glad I did, it quickly became my favorite pink. While being incredibly feminine Pom Pom is not a bright barbie pink but a more subdued mauve leaning shade that looks great on my cooler skin tone. The brush is great and I've never had a problem with application, it's a little on the thick side but never dragged or left bald patches. It's definitely one of those shades you just can't ignore, it can be downright distracting in direct sunlight!

It's completely opaque in two coats and acts like nearly any other full coverage glitter, a pain to remove and never quite smooth with topcoat. I used a white glue base coat for easy removal and seche sandwich on top to smooth it out (Seche vite, gelous, seche vite) which did a decent job. I think Nail Pattern Boldness' Glitter Food would work great on this but I haven't tried it yet.

Despite it's flaws Pom Pom is my go-to girly pink polish when I need a cheer me up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by CPbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is such a pretty color in the pot and after 2 coats I achieved a nice coverage. I set it with a top coat and also had put a base coat underneath but despite this the polish was chipping off 3 nails by the next evening and after 2 days all nails had lost some polish which looked really bad. I tried touching up the edges but this also soon came off. It was really disappointing as it looked so good after I'd initially applied it. Also when I tried to take it off so much glitter gets left behind on the nail that I was scrubbing for ages- i'm not used to such glittery polish so maybe there is a knack for removing it a better way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very Pretty pink glitter. Love how it sparkles in the sunshine too.

First I applied China Glaze First & Last Base Coat/Top Coat and then I applied 3 coats of Pom Pom but 2 is enough but I just couldn't resist adding a 3rd coat. When I applied the CG top coat it pretty much just sank into the polish so it didn't feel shiny and smooth to the touch but later that night or the next day when I added top coat again it felt a little bit smoother.

Lasted about 5 days and the first small chip was my fault since I was trying to peel off a price tag sticker off my new candle but if I never tried that then It would have never have chipped. So very happy with how it looked almost like new for up to 5 or 6 days!

I saw on someone's nail blog how they paired this with black nail polish and it looked really good! They painted their Thumb, first finger and pinkie in Black then the middle finger was black with CG Pom Pom over top of black and then ring finger was only CG Pom Pom. Looked very pretty and unique! I plan to try that look next!

I am sure I will try this over some pink colors too and will have fun creating different looks with this pretty pink glitter!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by valeria_l

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing it on someone's blog over black in a diamond shaped pattern. It looked great on her so I of course needed to try it on myself. I layered this over Misa's I Will Survive. I have to admit I haven't tried the pattern yet because I'm a little wary of trying out the pattern with tape like she did. It still looks great just applied over the entire nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

This is a super glittery plummy mauve shade which I got in a recent swap. Despite the intense concentration of fine glitter, Pom Pom still manages to be somewhat understated and completely wearable in a conservative setting. There is just enough pop for the shade to be interesting.

Pom Pom also has excellent staying power and hasn't chipped at all since I applied it to my toes five days ago...I work out seven days a week, two to three times a day and wear sneakers frequently, so I almost invariably get some chipping or fading of my pedicure after a few days. not so with Pom Pom.

I doubt I would ever hit the bottom of the bottle on this, but I like it enough to consider repurchasing if necessary.