September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Nails - Broadway Nails Real Life Brush On Gel Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by heatherloveskae

I LOVED this product and highly recommend it! Perfect for someone like me who enjoy's having a nice professional looking manicure but cant get to the nail salon, in my case because of not having a sitter. I can see why others have complained because it is very easy to make a mistake if you do not read the instructions thoroughly or leave out any steps. There are tips on the back of the instructions that are very helpful. If you have the time and the patience (about an hour the first time), you can have a gorgeous manicure for less than 10.00. I am so happy that I took a chance with this kit and will be purchasing this kit from now on.

Pros:
-Nails look professional
-Not a lot of prep is needed prior to putting the nails on. No need to ruin your nail prior by roughing it up like they do in the salons
-They dry super fast (only tacky if not done correctly, when done correctly they dry in less than 5 min I found out that if they feel tacky for more than 5 min, it is because I didn't put enough gel prior to the activator. Easy to fix by putting more gel and immediately putting the activator on)
-You do not need a light to dry them! (they dry on their own and then you can leave them alone or put a top coat on them, up to you but they look beautiful without anything at all)
-Kit has everything you need except nail polish remover
-Kit has enough nails to do 2 full sets, and 4 if you are able to file down the others to fit
-Kit comes with a set of white tips as well as a set of natural tips
-Nails are long and have sharp edges to begin with. Nice option for those who like them this way. I personally like them shorter and rounder so I just simply filed them down. Easy.
-Nail tips are soft and easy to work with. I was able to bend them a bit to fit without them popping off or getting white lines them.
-Nail tips have tabs to make it easier to put on and align properly.
-Nails do not come off, they will stay on until you are ready for a fill and then you can fill! (unlike most store bought press-on's)
-The gel is self leveling
-You cannot see the nail tip ridge! I was worried about this when I bought it and it was not an issue at all
-The gel works great as a glue (you do not need nail glue for these nails)

Cons:
-They are a little confusing the first time doing them. (Tip: Make sure to read instructions thoroughly before starting, front and back. Their instructions are very clear and precise. When starting to do the gel and activator I would take the time to do one nail at a time instead of 5. They will dry better this way.
-Also, the first time I did them they didn't come out as smooth as I would like. This gets better with practice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mayzeemae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I JUST PURCHASED THESE TODAY, AND WOW!! MY NAILS ARE BETTER THAN A SALON. I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY. I HAVE HAD MY NAILS DONE BEFORE AND ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION TO THE TECH, JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY. SO I WHEN APPLYING THE GEL AND ACTIVATOR I ALREADY KNEW WHAT TO DO. I HAVE READ SOME LADIES USING GLUE TO GLUE ON THE NAIL. DO NOT DO THIS. THE GEL STICKS SO WELL. THERE IS NO WAY THESE BABIES ARE COMMING OFF. YOU DO HAVE TO DO ONE AT A TIME. PUT THE GEL ON TOP AND immediately APPLY A BIG DALOP OF THE ACTIVATOR. THEY WILL DRY VERY FAST. ONCE DRY DO A SECOND COAT. I ENDED UP DOING THREE COATS TOTAL BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS PARANOID ABOUT POP OFFS... NO MATTER WHO IS DOING MY NAILS. SO I GIVE THIS A 5 STAR!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Rosa93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst nail product I have ever purchased. It's a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by IttybittyRee

I picked this up because I love the tailored look of fakes and they help to make my fingers look more normal (long story) but I can not spend the money on a set, fills, fixes, and hanging around a nail salon. I was skeptical about this working at first but I am very very surprised. I don't think they were perfect right out of the first box at all, this is going to take a little practice and they will look better each time you do them. So I'm counting the first box (2 sets of nails) as a (very impressive) mulligan to set my learning curve. No one could tell I'd done them myself and my mother and boyfriend kept telling my how great they look. I applied the tips with glue instead of the gel, I recommend this as the gel is the smallest bottle and it just makes more sense. I found the nails pretty thin, (the French set is thinner and more flexible than the naturals I think but they're both on the thin side.) and fitting, filing, and shaping them was quite easy. I suggest a fine grain block to file the edge of the tip and blend it into the nail bed. Using the gel and activator really does work best one nail at a time, if they're staying tacky, it's because the gel was left too long to dry before the activator was added. You can swipe them with a little acetone, file and apply another gel/activator layer to re set them properly. The tip sizes were great and flexible enough to fit my fingers which I loved. Some edge filing was required if the finger was between sizes but I can't see anything devaluing this kit. Ten dollars as compared to a 25+ dollar fill is great to me, including the ability to soak these off in less than ten minutes to change them or give my nails a break. There's also no vicious grinding away of the natural nail bed so your nails aren't paper thin and vulnerable of you take them off. This is one of the best beauty finds in a long time for me and I'm thrilled. I know my skill will just get better and they'll look more amazing. I 100% recommend this to anyone who's sick of paying for salon nails or like me wants nails one or two weeks then take a break. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Crista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, I'm quite impressed. I have to mention, as with all artificial nails, using these requires a level of skill, albeit a lower level than your average professional nail tech.
Once secured using the gel, you do need to use the file to blend the barrier of your natural nail and the tip a bit. Wash off the debris and then apply the gel-do not over apply or they will not dry. This is covered in the instructions. While still wet, apply the activator. One layer of each worked for me. Then I followed with a base, color, and posh for shine and quick dry. Within 10 mins the nails were set, in 20, totally dry. I'll update to comment on the actual wear of the product after a week or 2.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I picked this up at Walmart today. I stopped getting my nails done years ago to save money, and embraced my natural nails for a long time. For a long time I had no problem doing my nails every few days. I became quite the polish collector and it was fun, but life has gotten so busy. I cannot spend the time I used to on my nails, and I just cannot tolerate shabby looking nails, yet, I also cannot afford to back to getting gels or acrylics done. This weekend, while doing my weekly grocery shopping I decided to see what kinda of kits Walmart had. i was trying to decide between press on nails or an at home acrylic kit. I have done my own acrylics at home, but they are very time consuming and take a lot of practice. So when I saw this gel kit I was intrigued, it looked much easier and the promise that it dries in under 5 minuets sealed the deal. I had remembered seeing a youtuber I follow had used a kit like this, so I bought with optimism.

This set comes with 2 sets of nail tips; one natural set and one french set. I decided to to the natural set since I assumed I might not have flawless application and would likely need to paint over them anyways. the tips are not overly long, but still longer then I would normally choose. The tabs make them easy to apply. however, I did not find that they fit my nails beds well, and since they only had 2 of each size, I needed up having to settle. It does not come with glue. the instructions say to use the gel to apply the tips, but I did not think that was good advice, so I used some brush on nail glue I already had on hand. They are soft of thick, and even with filing t was hard to blend the tip to the nail.

Then to applying the gel. It come with a brush on gel and an activator and a brush cleanser. I did 2 nails at a time. I did have some issues with bubbling and it did not level as well as implied. I ended up going over them 3 times to get them thick enough to conceal the lines from the tips, and even then there was still a slight bump. It seemed like they did dry fast for the first coat, but not so much by the last coat. It felt sticky still an hour later, and keeps collecting dust. and looking nasty. I tried running my hand under both hot and cold water. washed my hands several times, I even tried to whipe away the stickiness with alcohol and it still didnt ever seem to harden. I thought I would just seal it with a top coat, but even then it still seemed sticky and never fully dry. I havent applied color yet because I want it to be dry all the way, but it's been a few hours. I have decided to wait until the morning and hope for the best.

They look bubbly and have some dents and marks. not terrible, but they sure done look smooth or professional.While waiting for them to dry I looked up other reviews elsewhere, and others have reported the same issue of them seeming sticky. However, some people also seemed to love them, so maybe it is because I used so many layers, or maybe I skipped a step.

After all this irritation, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a UV lamp off ebay to do real gel nails at home. Its sort of expensive, but at least I know they will actually cure within a few minuets.

I will reprt back in the morning .