December 19, 2014 | 1442 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Sephora - Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye cream was originally purchased by my mother, however she purchased something shortly after that she liked more so she passed this on to me. I am only 24, so anti-aging products are not necessarily what I look for, but I did love the presentation of this eye cream and though I am a regular shopper at Sephora, I have never tried Sephora's brand of makeup or skincare. My first complaint is that this eye cream is incredibly thick and heavy, and even when used at night I find it to feel awkward. I have a very dry under eye area so I use thick eye creams quite regularly with some of my favourites being Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream and Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream. This Sephora eye cream is terrible to use during daytime, so definitely avoid it as a daytime eye cream. It makes makeup crease terribly and eventually come off in total. I do not like the way this eye cream feels or performs, it's so heavy that is does not feel like it absorbs, and therefore my under eye area does not feel hydrated. I returned this product today!!

To sum it up in a simple pro's and con's list:

PROS:
-Awesome sanitary packaging
-Large quantity for the money
-Reasonably priced

CONS:
-Incredibly thick and heavy
-Never seems to absorb
-Shouldn't be used in the daytime
-Makes under eye makeup crease and/or come off
-Does not seem to make any difference, I see results with my Clinique and Bobbi Brown eye creams

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I was not impressed with this eye cream. It has a very thick consistency, so I'm not surprised that other reviewers experienced pilling. However, whether or not a product causes pilling depends on whether the ingredients in the two products are compatible, so YMMV. Because it has a thicker consistency, it tends to tug a bit and is not that easy to spread. On the plus side, it's unscented. Fortunately I'm using a sample, and I'll probably use the remainder on my legs as a body cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in the market for a hydrating eye cream and was recommended this by the Beauty Adviser. The consistency of the eye cream is fairly firm and lotion like, with a not very noticeable scent.

Pro: it does moisturize my eyes, comes in a pump applicator and absorbs fairly quickly

Cons: only used it for 1 week before I noticed that the cream was becoming super greasy and very heavy on my eyes, there were mornings where I saw waxy flakes of the cream on my lids (I only use the tiniest amount and it still happens), doesn't stay when I put my makeup over it and does nothing else as claimed on the packaging.

Overall, if your eye area is super dry, you might want to give this a shot to help moisturize it (and nothing else). Otherwise, stay away from this eye cream because it is not worth the price tag or the grease.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don' t think this is horrible. Also, its tag line is "Get your beauty sleep"....it's meant to be applied at night. Not daily, nor under makeup. The US version, I see, says it's effective when applied twice daily. I have the one bought from Italy and it doesn't mention application in the day. That said, it's creamy and I loooooove pump dispensers as they are FAR more sanitary. However, this product is just average. It's immensely hydrating which is good, but it doesn't correct dark circles or bags like it claims. It hasn't got ingredients to do the latter.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indian, NC40-42, dark brown eyes and black hair for reference. Received this as a sample and would not make a purchase. Basically, it balled up on me when I put on my under eye concealer and essentially I would have to wipe it off and start all over. I had about a two week sample, and noticed if I applied lightly this happened less, but then what's the point?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample from Sephora and it was very thick, creamy, rich, and hydrating. I noticed any very fine lines were instantly diminished. I waited 40 minutes before applying makeup and felt under my eyes lightly moving my fingers around and the product balls up and flaked off. That was what made any fine lines disappear because the product filled them in. This cannot go under eye makeup for this reason as it bunches up in less than an hour and would lift up any concealer or eyeshadow. I will not even think to spend $29 on the 15ml container.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- very thick so moisturizing
- concealer did not crack at end of day

Cons:
- so thick that you pull at delicate skin during application
- did not reduce lines, puffiness, dark circles or crow's feet as advertised

Got this as a sample during a purchase. Went back for more so I had a two week supply (twice a day application). Cream is a thick balm that is difficult to apply without pulling/tugging at your eye area -- eeks! At the end of day, my concealer looks dried and shows tiny cracks (not pretty). With this cream, it didn't do that nor did it ball up on me like it did for the other reviewer. After I wake up, I wash my face then apply my creams. Then I prepare lunches for my family, which takes about half hour. Then I get dressed and do my makeup last. Maybe that makes a difference about the non-balling. For $29, I would purchase if I was just looking for something hydrating but I'm looking for something for lines/crow's feet. I've given up on creams for dark circles -- that's what my concealer is for. Glad I tried this but will stick to Shiseido. This cream does not deliver as per advertised so low rating but would rate high if advertised just as hydrating. I like the pump as it keeps the product fresher than if in pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wanted to like it--decently priced. But it felt thick and sticky. Couldn't wear it under makeup--it balled up and made a mess. Had to return.