Broccoli seed oil

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I received a sample of broccoli seed oil from a Garden of Wisdom order, and after reading its product description page I tried it as a hair oil. It worked well enough but it does smell like over steamed broccoli upon application. I applied it at night and the smell was gone in the morning though so it is not a huge problem.

However, for me it did not perform similarly to silicone-based serums (perhaps "silicone oil" is something different though?) which leave my hair impossibly soft and never leave my hair looking oily even if I apply a bit too much. Broccoli seed oil performed about average as a hair oil, comparable to most other oils I've used like olive or jojoba oils. I could definitely use too much broccoli seed oil which would leave my hair stringy, so in that regard I do not consider it similar to silicone-based serums. I also still prefer argan oil as a hair oil.

Overall, I did not find anything outstanding about broccoli seed oil in comparison to other oils I've used in my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hello earthlings! I loved this product from the instant I put it in my hair but had to use it at least three times in order to write this review...just to be sure I wasn't just having an out of body abnormally good hair day. I have short, very dry frizzy/wavy almost curly blonde hair. I place about two DROPS (that's all) in my hair while in the shower after I have shampooed and conditioned and work it through mid length towards the ends. Usually after my hair air dries it is such a poof ball but now the curls are defined and my hair looks very healthy, no frizz at all. Love it.

So is just like using a silicone filled serum. I just started using it so I will update soon enough. I use about a dime size on my long medium thickness hair. Make sure your hair is damp. It it nice. I will do a full review after some more trials!

For now my hair is soft, easy to comb wet or dry, smooth, frizz free.

You'll see a lot of people trying to manage their difficult hair by going chemical & SLS free, using shampoo bars and hair oils to return their hair to health.

I have long tush-length highlighted blonde hair, 2b wavy. I always used Kerastase products, but as the prices went up and up, it just became ridiculous to spend US$50 on a bottle of shampoo.

After discovering Chagrin Valley babassu oil detangling shampoo bars and their hair detangling tea (mix with your own vinegar), I realized these products actually worked as well as Kerastase but cost much, much, much less and were chemical free.

The only issue left for me was daily frizz. That's when I discovered broccoli seed oil. You can read on the web that is it a good replacement for frizz-fighting silicones. And I've found this to be very true. I needed only 2 teaspoons in my hair to end frizz and bring amazing silicone-like shine.

After using the vinegar & detangling tea, I let my hair dry naturally half-way and then simply rub the oil gently through my hair so as not to disturb my waves. As my hair continues to dry naturally, I'm left with lovely, super-glossy, no-frizz waves.

A small amount can also be smoothed onto dry hair to control frizz from humidity. Broccoli seed oil's great properties are attributed to its high eruic acid content, which smooths down the hair cuticle to improve light reflection substantially.

This green, medium-weight oil does have a slightly spicy broccoli scent, but that will vanish as your hair dries. The oil sinks fairly quickly into the hair and leaves no greasy feeling. Broccoli seed oil really does equal chemical silicones in performance, but doesn't dry the ends out as normal silicones do, and is very inexpensive.

It can be bought online at a number of sites that sell organic cosmetics and skincare. It's a relatively stable oil, so if kept in reasonable conditions it should remain fresh and useful for up to a year.

I keep mine in the fridge between uses and take it out to warm between my hands as I use it. While some women also use it on their face as a moisturizing treatment because - being broccoli - it contains vitamins and beneficial components, you may want to research one aspect of it, "arachidonic acid." There are some theoretical concerns that this component of the oil could encourage existing skin cancers to grow.

You will want to read about this for yourself and make your own decisions. However, I think broccoli seed oil is best used only on the hair, and not on the face, until these concerns are addressed by more research.