August 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Hair - Broccoli seed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Maelor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hello earthlings! I loved this product from the instant I put it in my hair but had to use it at least three times in order to write this review...just to be sure I wasn't just having an out of body abnormally good hair day. I have short, very dry frizzy/wavy almost curly blonde hair. I place about two DROPS (that's all) in my hair while in the shower after I have shampooed and conditioned and work it through mid length towards the ends. Usually after my hair air dries it is such a poof ball but now the curls are defined and my hair looks very healthy, no frizz at all. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

So far...it is just like using a silicone filled serum. I just started using it so I will update soon enough. I use about a dime size on my long medium thickness hair. Make sure your hair is damp. It it nice. I will do a full review after some more trials!

For now my hair is soft, easy to comb wet or dry, smooth, frizz free.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Aeon1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

You'll see a lot of people trying to manage their difficult hair by going chemical & SLS free, using shampoo bars and hair oils to return their hair to health.

I have long tush-length highlighted blonde hair, 2b wavy. I always used Kerastase products, but as the prices went up and up, it just became ridiculous to spend US$50 on a bottle of shampoo.

After discovering Chagrin Valley babassu oil detangling shampoo bars and their hair detangling tea (mix with your own vinegar), I realized these products actually worked as well as Kerastase but cost much, much, much less and were chemical free.

The only issue left for me was daily frizz. That's when I discovered broccoli seed oil. You can read on the web that is it a good replacement for frizz-fighting silicones. And I've found this to be very true. I needed only 2 teaspoons in my hair to end frizz and bring amazing silicone-like shine.

After using the vinegar & detangling tea, I let my hair dry naturally half-way and then simply rub the oil gently through my hair so as not to disturb my waves. As my hair continues to dry naturally, I'm left with lovely, super-glossy, no-frizz waves.

A small amount can also be smoothed onto dry hair to control frizz from humidity. Broccoli seed oil's great properties are attributed to its high eruic acid content, which smooths down the hair cuticle to improve light reflection substantially.

This green, medium-weight oil does have a slightly spicy broccoli scent, but that will vanish as your hair dries. The oil sinks fairly quickly into the hair and leaves no greasy feeling. Broccoli seed oil really does equal chemical silicones in performance, but doesn't dry the ends out as normal silicones do, and is very inexpensive.

It can be bought online at a number of sites that sell organic cosmetics and skincare. It's a relatively stable oil, so if kept in reasonable conditions it should remain fresh and useful for up to a year.

I keep mine in the fridge between uses and take it out to warm between my hands as I use it. While some women also use it on their face as a moisturizing treatment because - being broccoli - it contains vitamins and beneficial components, you may want to research one aspect of it, "arachidonic acid." There are some theoretical concerns that this component of the oil could encourage existing skin cancers to grow.

You will want to read about this for yourself and make your own decisions. However, I think broccoli seed oil is best used only on the hair, and not on the face, until these concerns are addressed by more research.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure broccoli seed oil is miraculous for my bleached, dry, frizzy hair. It smooths my hair like the expensive "cone" ladden serums I used in the past. I have gone "cone" and sls free for a couple of years due to severe allergies and was so glad when I discovered I can have smooth hair from a pure product. The oil has a light consistency and it's not greasy. I use it after my blowdry; just a few drops and I get lovely smooth hair. It is also great as a facial oil. A super versatile oil!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No