July 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After buying many various creams in hopes of soothing my dry, peeling cracked hands, I bought this, not expecting much. It is just a thin boring white fragrance free lotion, but the ingredients absolutely make a difference to repair of skin barrier. It does not absorb right away, but instead leaves a thin film, not really greasy, nor the silicone "dry" touch of most other heavy duty hand creams. This light residue is fine with me, as it almost instantly relieves irritation and that parched feeling. Where other creams only partially masked symptoms, my skin feels as if it is healing with this product.
And I have even used it on my face with no problem. It is not a heavy lotion at all. Well worth a try, though may be hard to find with all the iterations of Eucerin available, most stores do not carry all of the line. Worth ordering on-line if not in a store near you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

I watched a dermatology conference video on glyceryl glucoside and was impressed, so decided to try this (info may also be found on a PubMed search). This body lotion contains 10 percent urea as well as AHA's and ceramides. So far I am really loving this and my skin feels very soft and hydrated all day. It is not sticky, and has no scent. Absolutely recommended and much more effective than AMLactin for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by candiceragan

Great for dry skin. I had dry flakey skin on the sides of my nose. Nothing worked and I tried a lot of products. Used once before bed and woke up w/o flakey skin all day. I use it all the time but only once a day. Cheap price for a good size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dry hands absolutely crave this lotion! During the winter time my hands are so cracked and dry that they cannot find relief. it's both painful and embarrassing. Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion completely transforms my hands and makes them so soft. I don't know where i would be without this stuff!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Mistical83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The skin on my shoulders, back, and chest was very dry from acne treatments, I used this lotion and it cleared up the acne on my shoulders, back, and chest very fast and prevented it. It's also very moisturizing.

One day when my face was dry I decided to try using it on my face and under my eyes to see if it would have the same effect. It did for a few days and then my face turned red, became extremely dry and burned. I looked up the ingredients and it contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) which burned my face. I'm still recovering from this and nothing is working to get my skin on my face back to normal!

However, I would buy this again for my chest, back, and shoulders as it works really well on thicker skin, just not my face which is very thing, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

This is some good stuff, ladies and gents. A month ago I had horrible dry skin. It was flaky, itchy, sensitive, and when I scratched my face (which was pretty often) little bumps would appear and it looked like a disaster!!! Nothing worked, Cetaphil's tub of lard didn't (just kidding about the nickname, it used to work pretty well on me actually), jojoba oil worked for a few weeks, sunblock didn't work... This stuff makes me feel like my skin was protected from the dryness within the first application. I was still itchy and boy did this stuff make my skin feel sensitive at first, but it took about 3 days for my skin to feel and look better. Fast forward two weeks, my skin is repaired, no more itchiness or flakiness or bumps. Now I just need to wear this during the night vs wearing it day and night. It's sort of like my night cream, only without the title. My skin looks supple again! Yay! The only bad thing about it is that it can make your skin feel tacky, so don't put too much during the day. Make sure you apply sunscreen because this product increases the sensitivity to sun damage.

EDIT: My skin is back to being disrupted. I've stopped using this lotion because I felt like it might have been clogging my emerging acne and disrupting them even more. However I can say that after using this product it definitely has repaired my skin's dryness. I know I can rely back to this good stuff when my acne clears up. This is not the causation of my acne, I believe I could have some sort of allergies mixed with hormones..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes - this is a very good moisturizer - I like it alot - helps with winter skin, and my hands/cuticles are already better.....that said, it Is Expensive: especially for the size, smaller than usual for Eucerin....I am already through the bottle - and I have not yet decided to buy a second one....I may go back to 'my regular', CeraVe, and compare. but- I really do have to hand it to Eucerin for this new cream and I do recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Lindadev

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The most amazing dry skin lotion I have used. It takes care of the crepe paper skin you start getting when aging, and it cures cracked heels and cuticles overnight. I have spent years finding the right body lotions and this is it. I now buy it in quantity. I have never thought to try it on my face, but since one of the writers recommended it, I will try it. Price is no object on this one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my sister and i are the only ones in our family with thyroid disorders. consequently, there is no one to advise us about adequate products for our specific problems (we have different thyroid disorders). however, we both have extremely dry and sensitive skin and eyes. sometimes its eczema and then suddenly we'll have super oily skin! it can be very uncomfortable (it varies).

a few months ago i had reached my wits end looking for an adequate lotion. i read about this product online dozens of times before purchasing it. i even perseverated when i got to the store and held it in my hand for half an hour because i was very skeptical and didn't want to be disappointed yet again and waste even more money (that week i had purchased over 10 lotions).

BUT i am extremely happy with my purchase! this is my HG moisturizer! i don't even want to share it with anybody LOL! i decanted some to keep in my purse, when my sister asked me for some lotion i only gave her a tiny bit- she was not amused LOL. when i saw my bf holding the bottle i pounced and i was like "NOOOOoooooo nononnononoooo! its my FAVORITE!! put it back!!" LMAO!

what i love the most about this moisturizer is that i can use it as a hand and body lotion AND on my face! i can use it on my face when my skin is chapped and dry AND i can use it on my face on my oily days and it won't exacerbate the problem at all! this lotion doesn't make my skin burn or itch, it doesn't clog pores and it feels amazing!

I've even found a new use for it: slight relief of anxiety! when I'm feeling very anxious i massage it onto my hands. it just looks like I'm applying hand cream. no one knows its my little "calming cream" HHAHA real creepy "it puts the lotion on its skin..." haha!

but i seriously love this product and recommend it to anyone having skin issues! *^_^*

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not usually impressed with Eucerin products, as they seem to rely a bit much on occlusion for moisturization, but I saw this new body lotion in my local DS recently and thought, hmm, the ingredients look good, maybe I'll try it?

The ingredients are: Water, Urea, Glycerin, Isopropyl Stearate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Nylon-12, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Arginine HCL, Sodium PCA, Lactic Acid, Carnitine, Mannitol, Serine, Sucrose, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine HCL, Ceramide 3, Alanine, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine HCL, Sodium Chloride, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.

I usually use AmLactin 12% for dry, itchy, KP skin. I found this to be just as moisturizing, itch-reducing, and KP-killing as the AmLactin, but it actually improved the overall texture of my skin a little better than the AmLactin (less redness, more smoothness), with less sting ( AmLactin can sting on just-shaved legs). I still love my AmLactin, but I will be using this as an AmLactin dupe and will probably add this to what I use in rotation.

Overall, very impressive and effective white lotion, no scent really, easily spreadable, it comes out of a hole at the top of a flat bottle you turn over and squeeze. Cost me almost $9 for a 6.8 oz bottle, so not cheap but not horribly expensive either. Good job, Eucerin.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No